• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - France vs England - 11/03/2012, 15:00

It's historical more because of how fast this team has been put together based on trying to perform well in the future. No-one expected the results that have come. I'd happily call the Wales game an historic loss: a great performance against a very decent team which came down to the wire and sets England up for the future. Don't arrogantly think that England had no chance of beating France: France aren't special. Other than narrowly losing in the WC final, in the last year, France have achieved:

losing to last years wooden spoon team
relying on other results going France's way to get out of the pools of the WC after losing to Tonga
unconvincingly beating England when England were at rock bottom
narrowly beating a team who had lost their stand-out player to a red card
not done anything special in this six nations
no dominance in European club rugby, as may have been the case in the past

For what it's worth, I think France can be a force. I just don't understand what you were basing France being out of England's reach on...

Yeah Tonga is one of those terrible crashes we have. Losing to Italy sucked big time. Yeah, first time a team lost 2 in the pool and still proceeded into the next round in WC history...
Unconvincingly beating England ?! That Clerc try was freaking amazing and we put up a strong performance now, come on lol. 19-12.
Yeah Wales are obviously a force, and call it serendipity, but we came up with a W. And then obviously we were great against the AB on their home field.

As for not "done anything special in the Six Nations", at least THIS YEAR (not last year) - THIS YEAR we didn't merely beat Italy by 4 points. And I'm judging all this based on the momentum of the very start and early developments of this tournament.
England's first 6N without Wilko (who I love dearly btw) and with a squad of younglings (Farrell's 20 !) who barely made it over Scotland (we weren't amazing either) and Italy, and then a strong performance at home vs Wales though.
The inexperience of this English squad+all the above+IN PARIS...it's a shame for me that France lost. Close or not, and however opportunistic those first two tries were; it's not acceptable and though it's not an anomaly in French intrl rugby, it's still frustrating as hell and bitter.

And trust me, I'd much rather say France is bad, and de facto this defeat is normal.

Also: France not special ? We're not consistent. In fact, we're shamefully inconsistent ! But you can't say this squad ain't special. We've had a disappointing 6N for sure. Yeah.
Our roster's messed up, and we're playing in Cardiff...let's see what we got.

Last edited:

looooool, good one...
I don't know what ftfy means though...

Anyways: official congratulations to the English for mounting a new team so fast...
And shame to France's 6N performance. They had the metal for another Grand Slam...

Latest posts