• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - France vs England - 11/03/2012, 15:00

If you want to display your complete lack of logic then yes you may remind me that we lost to Italy by a point. I'm talking about this current, present English team and this current French team, not last year or the year before that or Michael Jackson's death. If anything you should be happy: a super youthful English team that barely made it over Italy actually beat France IN PARIS the very next weeks later. It defies logic, but it happened...and now we have to live with it. It's annoying...and silly. But it happened. Gosh darn it, it happened...
Considering the quality of rugby France has produced over the last year, how does it defy logic exactly?

Considering the quality of rugby France has produced over the last year, how does it defy logic exactly?

well that's obviously the reason why, our inconsistency. Losing to Tonga and then making the RWC freaking finals losing by just one point to the home AB...
But then again, we've got a certain team on paper, and England, and it seems to defy logic that they would beat us at home. It's just ridiculous. And highly, highly annoying !! :)

If you want to display your complete lack of logic then yes you may remind me that we lost to Italy by a point. I'm talking about this current, present English team and this current French team, not last year or the year before that or Michael Jackson's death. If anything you should be happy: a super youthful English team that barely made it over Italy actually beat France IN PARIS the very next weeks later. It defies logic, but it happened...and now we have to live with it. It's annoying...and silly. But it happened. Gosh darn it, it happened...

You're a funny man...and by man I mean, child

If I didn't know better, id think he's finding that defeat a bitter pill to swallow...

There you go, that's what I'm talking about. The English are so irrationally patriotic they become overly sensitive and start bashing people lol.
Guys, you've got a brand new team and we have veterans who JUST went to the RWC finals and you go like "ooh he's trolling" "and by man, I mean child".
It's not super intelligent of you guys, and yes obviously it's tough to swallow a defeat in Paris by this English team, yeah. Losing to the 2003 English team, no problem. This, MAJOR issue, yeah. You guys "shouldn't have won", I don't mean you don't deserve this victory, just, on paper this is a terrible result for us. God, deal with it, you're NOT great this year. This however, is a huge victory for you, congrats...

lol, your reactions are very childish and uncalled for.

There you go, that's what I'm talking about. The English are so irrationally patriotic they become overly sensitive and start bashing people lol.
Guys, you've got a brand new team and we have veterans who JUST went to the RWC finals and you go like "ooh he's trolling" "and by man, I mean child".
It's not super intelligent of you guys, and yes obviously it's tough to swallow a defeat in Paris by this English team, yeah. Losing to the 2003 English team, no problem. This, MAJOR issue, yeah. You guys "shouldn't have won", I don't mean you don't deserve this victory, just, on paper this is a terrible result for us. God, deal with it, you're NOT great this year. This however, is a huge victory for you, congrats...

lol, your reactions are very childish and uncalled for.
I actually think it's great that you see a loss at home to a 'green' England team as unacceptable.
If you had played them before we did at Twickenham then I think your views would be completely justifiable as they weren't seen as contenders in any way. But the way in which they competed with what is regarded by some/many/don'tcallmecocky as 'the best team in Europe' atm elevated their status in the international game overnight + a fair bit of media hype (and they say WE'RE bad for that! sheesh!)
I just guess most people on here aren't used to a French poster reacting to a loss with 'sacrebleu!', as opposed to the accustomed 'de rien'... and so confuse it for arrogance and trolling, as you say.

England played well for the first 25 minutes, thereafter they just defended well, Croft's try came from nowhere. Couldn't understand Brian Moore having heart failure over Sharples' yellow card, England were better off without him, he was a joke all game and the easy way the French scored their try demonstrated his uselessness. At least the French have not been whinging about the ref not giving the obvious off-sides during their last attack, guess what would have happened if it had been the other way around - the 'pommes' would have been out in force.

England played well for the first 25 minutes, thereafter they just defended well, Croft's try came from nowhere. Couldn't understand Brian Moore having heart failure over Sharples' yellow card, England were better off without him, he was a joke all game and the easy way the French scored their try demonstrated his uselessness. At least the French have not been whinging about the ref not giving the obvious off-sides during their last attack, guess what would have happened if it had been the other way around - the 'pommes' would have been out in force.

Tish and Pish! Someone ban him! We will not stand for free speech on this forum. It leads to all sorts of awful tings...

I love how, whenever English do vaguely well, you get trolls from other nations going "AH BLOODY ARROGANT POMS", despite no (well, one) English people going on about it.

Clearly. There were some plays (for example in today's game) where you could see the individual qualities of our guys and where this could have easily been much worse would we not have that type of flair...
And I'm not even talking about the obvious Harinordoquy, Vincent Clerc, Dussautoir, Parra...

And I just can't swallow this DAMN defeat !! I admit it. England should never have won, this is a much bigger victory for them than it seems and a greater loss for us than people will admit.
How did we let this happen ? And in Paris...
Down right strange...
There was a chance in a hundred England would be so opportunistic and we would be so destabilized mentally...How did this fkn happen ?!
We were fkn RWC finalists and lost by a single point to the AB for crying out loud ! And England has an average of 15 year olds !...

Nice one England...but it really hurts...coz it ain't fair.

3 tries to 1, the french team simply wasnt good enough, i think most would agree that if england lost it would have been unfair on the team that showed most of the intensity and had the better mentality throughout. A bit of sour grapes from you sir. (bit like the french media giving harinordoquy the man of the match).

I can't see why a French supporter can't have the same sort of attitude as Martin Corry.

Was it fantastic? I didn't think so. It was a loss at Twickenham and as a proud Englishman that's just not acceptable. I have never been one for the 'gallant losers' tag and people who are only bring down their own levels of expectation. For me, only a win for England is enjoyable. Defeat is not on.

Change England for France and London for Paris and it's the same kind of thing. Yes you should be gracious in defeat but nothing wrong with saying at home we should have won and defeat is unacceptable. I hate losing it sucks, I have never been the one for it's the taking part that counts and don't get me started about having no 1st place at school sports days.

I can't see why a French supporter can't have the same sort of attitude as Martin Corry.

Was it fantastic? I didn't think so. It was a loss at Twickenham and as a proud Englishman that's just not acceptable. I have never been one for the 'gallant losers' tag and people who are only bring down their own levels of expectation. For me, only a win for England is enjoyable. Defeat is not on.

Change England for France and London for Paris and it's the same kind of thing. Yes you should be gracious in defeat but nothing wrong with saying at home we should have won and defeat is unacceptable. I hate losing it sucks, I have never been the one for it's the taking part that counts and don't get me started about having no 1st place at school sports days.
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!!!!

:p

As a english man Harinordoquy again was great, everytime i watch France play he plays fantastically. He is everywhere if there is action he is there. Not sure whats his best position as i dont watch him in domestic competitions.

For him to be MoM i can live with it, but feel Croft shades it simply for his try from nothing showed creativity/guile and was the winning try. He also had 2 steals in the lineout?

It just shows when the BBC have to choose MoM we appreciate other sides players who are MoM (when was last time Brian moore gave a England player MoM at twickhanam??)
there has been some dodgy MoM awards from Other television networks favouring the televisions networks origin.

I love how, whenever English do vaguely well, you get trolls from other nations going "AH BLOODY ARROGANT POMS", despite no (well, one) English people going on about it.

Oh hush up you arrogant, whinging Pom!

3 tries to 1, the french team simply wasnt good enough, i think most would agree that if england lost it would have been unfair on the team that showed most of the intensity and had the better mentality throughout. A bit of sour grapes from you sir. (bit like the french media giving harinordoquy the man of the match).

lol dear Lord, you english supporters are insatiable ! You all refer to the game itself. Yeah, you guys dominated us during the first half for sure, I'm not denying facts am I ?
I mean all in all, in retrospect, and looking at this game from a text book point of view (as if it hadn't happened yet): it's a bit silly isn't it that we let England beat us. The only thing wrong with what I'm assessing is that prior to this they handled Wales alright at home...
And it's amazing isn't it ? Here I am justifying that this French team shouldn't have lost at home against this English team. For the 5th time or something. And I get pathetic comments merely accusing me of "trolling" lol. It's childish !

Oh and, for everyone calling me "sour": THAT's THE WHOLE POINT OF ME POSTING HERE, I've admitted it openly like 3 times lol !! Of course I'm *sour*, just as I am about that 9-8 AB finals score. How in the world wouldn't I be ?!
And yeah, props to England, they pulled it off surprisingly well...great composure and concentration.

And you wanna talk media overhyping and bias ? the 6nations official website called it a "historical victory" for England lol. If THAT doesn't imply England were underdogs...

As a english man Harinordoquy again was great, everytime i watch France play he plays fantastically. He is everywhere if there is action he is there. Not sure whats his best position as i dont watch him in domestic competitions.

For him to be MoM i can live with it, but feel Croft shades it simply for his try from nothing showed creativity/guile and was the winning try. He also had 2 steals in the lineout?

It just shows when the BBC have to choose MoM we appreciate other sides players who are MoM (when was last time Brian moore gave a England player MoM at twickhanam??)
there has been some dodgy MoM awards from Other television networks favouring the televisions networks origin.

Yeah, obviously Imanol played amazingly well...he always plays super hard and the results show...
But he might have not been the MoM, granted...

yoe91 said:
France were moral victors. It was a screw job. English fans are arrogant. We were hard done by. England didnt deserve a win. That game didn't count. France were in the world cup final. Etc.

Ftfy

Last edited:
And you wanna talk media overhyping and bias ? the 6nations official website called it a "historical victory" for England lol. If THAT doesn't imply England were underdogs...
It's historical more because of how fast this team has been put together based on trying to perform well in the future. No-one expected the results that have come. I'd happily call the Wales game an historic loss: a great performance against a very decent team which came down to the wire and sets England up for the future. Don't arrogantly think that England had no chance of beating France: France aren't special. Other than narrowly losing in the WC final, in the last year, France have achieved:

losing to last years wooden spoon team
relying on other results going France's way to get out of the pools of the WC after losing to Tonga
unconvincingly beating England when England were at rock bottom
narrowly beating a team who had lost their stand-out player to a red card
not done anything special in this six nations
no dominance in European club rugby, as may have been the case in the past

For what it's worth, I think France can be a force. I just don't understand what you were basing France being out of England's reach on...

France were moral victors. It was a screw job. English fans are arrogant. We were hard done by. England didnt deserve a win. That game didn't count. France were in the world cup final. Etc.

I didn't post that you idiot, what the hell is wrong with you ?!