• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - The Final Chapter - Live on ITV

Sorry - have I missed something?
Why would it be illegitimate?

I've also explicitly said that I'm not talking about just finals, just winning, or just the premiership - further, that it was a throw-away comment based on feeling and memory, not a deep look at the various squads of both teams in various competitions.
Really not sure it needs a detailed post-mortem on the accuracy.

If my gut is wrong, and there's only 5-6 Saints players who've been in high-pressure knock-out matches (like a European Semi-final in Croke Park, which I was specifically thinking of); then I'm happy to put my hands up. This Bath squad and this Saints squad have precisely equal experience of playing high-pressure knock-out rugby as each other.

Are people really counting the 2019 Prem Cup as a legit final? Even if you do then Waller, Ludlam, Mitchell and Furbank are the only players from that game who are likely to appear on Saturday.

Yes. As they should. It is a final after all. Still that big game day pressure.

Just looking up the lineup from the last Northampton side that won the premiership in 2014. Doesn't look that strong a team. This current team is much better.

Curious to see what people's combined teams would look like (shirt-for-shirt, no switching locks/wingers or putting opensides at blindside, etc.).

Think I'd go for:
Obano, Langdon, Du Toit
Roux, Coles
Lawes, Barbeary, Underhill
Mitchell, Russell
Redpath, Lawrence
Sleightholme, Furbank, Freeman

Very close calls at 4, 9, 10 and 11. An 8:7 split in Bath's favour.

I'd take Spencer over Mitchell tbh, but some of that depends how you want to play - don't think either 9 would thrive in the others side (though Spencer would do better for Saints than Mitchell for Bath)

I'd take Spencer over Mitchell tbh, but some of that depends how you want to play - don't think either 9 would thrive in the others side (though Spencer would do better for Saints than Mitchell for Bath)
I don't know, Spencer is consistantly excellent and probably could thrive in a NH game plan, Mitchell at 100% is probably slightly better but he has far fewer big games in general. I was impressed with him in the semi final had a moment or two of DuPont esk play, looked to have no chance of doing much but get hit off slow ball and still managed to break whilst looking like a dear in headlights (No before anyone says it, I am not saying he is anywhere near DuPont).

Just arrived at home, enjoying atmosphere.
Obviously hoping for Saints win ,but feel to close to call.

Curious to see what people's combined teams would look like (shirt-for-shirt, no switching locks/wingers or putting opensides at blindside, etc.).

Think I'd go for:
Obano, Langdon, Du Toit
Roux, Coles
Lawes, Barbeary, Underhill
Mitchell, Russell
Redpath, Lawrence
Sleightholme, Furbank, Freeman

Very close calls at 4, 9, 10 and 11. An 8:7 split in Bath's favour.
Very close at 12 for me prefer Dingers over Redpath but close call in numerous slots.

Getting excited.
"Breakfast" is starting g to smell good.
1st beer is open.

0_russey.jpg

That's definitely late, you can see on the replay he wasn't committed before the pass

Not high but that's still a penalty (which doesn't really matter cause of the ruck penalty after, tbf)

Wasn't that taken out of Mitchell's hand by the player on the floor?

Think this is gonna end up being a pretty great final. Some serious skill and physicality on display already.