• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Grand Final

According those flyers, both teams are gonna wear their away kits? Saracens (white) and Sharks (burgundy or something like that)
Yep,

It's a new initiative to stop kits clashing for people who are colour blind,
I believe from next season all away kits have to be white so that there is no clash between home and away strips

The thought process was:
Saracens are top seeds so play in their home kit, but that clashes with Sales away kit
Sale haven't earned the advantage of wearing their home kit as they came second, so both teams will wear away:

believe from next season all away kits have to be white so that there is no clash between home and away strips
Kind of annoyed about that. Always enjoy quins away kits because we are broadly so constrained with out home ones and the quarters.

Fully appreciate that it's nice making it fully accessible for colourblind people, but disappointed nevertheless.

Would be interested to know how many people genuinely cannot tell the difference (I thought it was mainly green and red that was the problem in sport).

Kind of annoyed about that. Always enjoy quins away kits because we are broadly so constrained with out home ones and the quarters.

Fully appreciate that it's nice making it fully accessible for colourblind people, but disappointed nevertheless.

Would be interested to know how many people genuinely cannot tell the difference (I thought it was mainly green and red that was the problem in sport).
I imagine the decision for everyone is based on it being fair, so all teams have to do it, not just those with colours that more commonly cause problems. On top if everyone has a white away kit you don't have to worry if the match up conflicts and if one of the teams has a suitable colour. Universal white means there should be no issues no matter who plays or when.

I imagine the decision for everyone is based on it being fair, so all teams have to do it, not just those with colours that more commonly cause problems. On top if everyone has a white away kit you don't have to worry if the match up conflicts and if one of the teams has a suitable colour. Universal white means there should be no issues no matter who plays or when.
It's boring af tho.

I do get the logistics, I just don't like it.

As far as I know, no other sports do it - I may be wrong tho?

It's boring af tho.

I do get the logistics, I just don't like it.

As far as I know, no other sports do it - I may be wrong tho?
I'm not sure if other sports do it, but just because they don't, doesn't make it wrong.

Tbh I reckon you'll barely notice it after a few years and will just get used to it, but if you continue to really not like it, then I'll say the same thing as I do about those who complain about high tackle laws ruining the sport. Player welfare is more important than your entertainment and helping those with disabilities should be more important than your personal taste in kits.

Seems like they are making a big deal about a minority in a minority sport. Wild be really Interested how many rugby fans would actually be effected by this.

Seems like they are making a big deal about a minority in a minority sport. Wild be really Interested how many rugby fans would actually be effected by this.
Some how I feel like if you liked rugby and were colour blind then it would be a big deal. I'm not really sure what the downside is other than people moaning they don't get to look at colourful kits as often. It won't affect the rugby and the only other issue I can potentially see is a small loss in revenue from kit sales. However, I doubt very much that rugby clubs sell huge numbers of away kits anyway.

I'm not sure if other sports do it, but just because they don't, doesn't make it wrong.

Tbh I reckon you'll barely notice it after a few years and will just get used to it, but if you continue to really not like it, then I'll say the same thing as I do about those who complain about high tackle laws ruining the sport. Player welfare is more important than your entertainment and helping those with disabilities should be more important than your personal taste in kits.
It would just be interesting if we had identified it as a problem before anyone else really had.

Yeah I'll definitely stop noticing it, I just hope teams can still get creative with it (Quins shash is a fav of mine for example).

I'll watch it, but I'm disappointed there is only one New Zealander across the two sides and he's the most boring NZ winger to have ever played super rugby

I'll watch it, but I'm disappointed there is only one New Zealander across the two sides and he's the most boring NZ winger to have ever played super rugby
Sam Tuitupou works for Sale Sharks in some sort of behind the scenes capacity,
Johnny Leota coaches in the academy too
If that swings your support our way :p

Latest posts