• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 19

Not really Bath won by 2
Re should win MotM as well - fair play to Pearce, he was very good today - had some big decisions to make, but I don't think he got any wrong (when accounting for my bias), or missed anything obvious. Was chivvying both teams along to stop time wasting (though there's not much he can do if they just ignore him)

Sparked Ford out, so was a pretty hefty collision

I was surprised it wasn't a red, tbh - seen them given for it more often than not
I agree I was taking the **** out of Tigers medics/management leaving him on, a disgrace IMO.

Sarries 9 should've been given a Red
Green should've been given a yellow
At least 1 Sarries player should've been given a yellow for the amount of pens.

100% agree!!!

I thought the ref was weak all game to be honest. I'd have carded the sarries player and made sure Ford went for a HIA.

Also would have done several cards to sarries for their constant offences .

I bet Northampton are kicking themselves after that today, if they hadn't gifted us the two tries in the first half they would have won

Another great afternoon of rugby in north London. It was bitterly cold and very windy. I felt that Sarries gave away too many penalties whilst Leicester failed to take advantage of various mismatches on the field. Overall there was an enjoyable if nervous intensity throughout the game, but ultimately it was a good spectacle. I suspect this pairing will be what we see in the final, but that score could be anyone's to guess.

The Davies hit on Ford was a deserved yellow, but I'm struggling to see how that could be considered a red card offence. I've rewatched the match and the commentators outline the mitigating factor behind the colour of card awarded (time to adjust down). If we're saying that the Davies ought to have been a red, what about the completely pointless diving elbow by Murimurivalu on Lewington in the 29th minute, where only a yellow was shown? Or the neck roll on Vunipola by Green in the 62nd minute (no card shown), where even the commentators were questioning why nothing was done.

I was also surprised by the lack of Ford not going off for a HIA, he looked dazed for a few minutes. It isn't a good look for the sport if there is any possible risk to health of the player.

How is stepping a mitigating factor? He was always high and made zero effort to go lower and as a results smacked Ford in the head it's 100% reckless and should've been a red.

Murimurivalu was correct with the yellow, completely different to a head shot.
Green was wrong which I have said before.

In the BT sport commentary with Care and Dallaglio (neither of whom can exactly be classed as biased towards Saracens), of the three big hit incidents of the match, words from Care/Dallaglio of "that's what we have to stamp out of the game" weren't used to describe the Davies hit, but they were used in the Murimurivalu and Green hits. In the post-match analysis, Care and Dallaglio actually covered the mitigation behind why Davies received a yellow, and why Naulago (in Bath v Bristol) was awarded a red.

The Murimuri hit wasn't to the head, but that doesn't discount that it was a completely aimless high-speed shoulder barge on Lewington who had already scored the try. The camera view from behind is pretty damning to show the force of the impact. The commentary team even state that a yellow was a 'positive' outcome for Leicester, and go onto to highlight the various injuries players have picked up from such acts of late reckless play.

If any incident in the match was deserving of a card/a red, it was the Green neck roll, so it will be interesting to see if he gets cited.