• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pre-Season 21/22

Yep. Exeter have historically nailed that balance. Having players who are very good but not in the international picture like Joe Simmonds, Armand, Whitten, Yeandle, Woodburn etc. plus bit part test players who are unlikely to be called up like Moon, Hepburn, Williams, Skinner and even Sam Simmonds makes for a very strong squad.

Quite a few of those stalwarts are getting on a bit though and will be hard to replace. Whitten, Yeandle, Moon, Armand etc. are all well over 30 and the players replacing them aren't that obvious at the moment. It's going to be tough to keep that going much longer IMO. Also, as a case in point, Steenson hasn't been missed yet, but if Joe Simmonds were to pick up an injury, the drop off would be huge. Who replaces him? Devoto out of position, Harvey Skinner or Walsh isn't like having a Steenson to call upon.

Well this is where we'll really see just how capable Mr Baxter is.

Also for everyone wondering about Alfie Barbeary... suffered a hamstring tear WARMING UP on Saturday against Cov. couple of months out.

Charlie Atkinson also being assessed for a knew injury too.

Harlequins will be streaming the Leinster game on Facebook this weekend.

Also for everyone wondering about Alfie Barbeary... suffered a hamstring tear WARMING UP on Saturday against Cov. couple of months out.
Didn't his last injury come in the warm up/captains run, as well?

Is this how Blackett runs his sessions?
triple h fighting GIF by WWE

Didn't his last injury come in the warm up/captains run, as well?

Is this how Blackett runs his sessions?
triple h fighting GIF by WWE

Yes before the Tigers game in the last game of the season.
IDK I wonder if he's coming back too soon?

Did they rush him back so he could play v Tigers and get that England call up in the summer?
Likewise did they rush him back to give him a warm up game before the actual season starts?

Yes before the Tigers game in the last game of the season.
IDK I wonder if he's coming back too soon?

Did they rush him back so he could play v Tigers and get that England call up in the summer?
Likewise did they rush him back to give him a warm up game before the actual season starts?
I was thinking the same but I'm pretty sure his injury at the end of last season was a fractured cheekbone or something - I don't think that'd have any carry over into a hamstring injury

Charlie Atkinson also being assessed for a knew injury too.
He seems to pick up alot of minor injuries..not good to see.

Yes. I thought the same. Pretty sure this isn't the first hamstring issue either.

Yes. I thought the same. Pretty sure this isn't the first hamstring issue either.
Yeah, I was looking on the Wasps forum and they brought up a game he played last season (first back from injury) where he was noticeably limping before the game even started - remember seeing that as well

I think he just needs a sustained period away. Treat him like Willis and Launchbury. Let him rest until christmas and come back in the new year.

Realistically we have Cruse, Oghre and Frost (who looks very good) at hooker and then T Willis, Carr, Fifita, Youngs, Morris, Shields and Curran to covery back row so we can afford let let him rest.

The Atkinson injury worries me as we have Umaga, Gops (whose about 99) , Mills (whose always injured) and Miller who can play 10.

I can be very critical of Dean Richards at times, but thats one area i do give him credit. He will simply not return anyone back to playing unless they are absolutely ready to be back. It can be frustrating, but its absolutely the right way.

Smith could do with a rest, we need him to add a couple of stone, get slower, bulk up and forget how to pass and then the mighty Farrell can sweep in to the England 10 shirt where he belongs.

Treviso vs Sale tonight, £3 for the stream which I'm happy enough with

No RdP in the side so a good chance for Wilkinson and Curtis to get some game time

Latest posts