• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

OK Mario - how we shaping?

Originally posted by sanzar@Jul 27 2005, 04:41 PM
Hay, is anyone still regularly visiting the official sidhe RL2 forums? If so can you compile a list of the new info thats been released? I can't be f***ed going to it anymore... nothing ever seems to happen and there are too many school kids *****ing.
This thread will give you most of the answers you are after...............

http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread.php?t=3417

I'm in your boat in regards to the official SIDHE RL2 site - too many bored people repeating the same old questions over and over.....................perhaps Mario could sticky the thread I just linked to on the site and encourage the guy who posted it to keep it up to date - he was doing a good service.

yes yes and yes

No offense to the Sidhe boys but that forum is out of control and unconstructive

its a mess
<

too many kids, *****es and bored idiots

its that bad even the little whipper snappers have hit-up the Melbourne cup thread and turned that into a thread-fest..........one thread ***led "will there be biff" in the Melbourne cup section

this is why i am a proud TRF member
<

Originally posted by NZL fan+Jul 27 2005, 04:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Jul 27 2005, 04:51 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Jul 27 2005, 04:41 PM
Hay, is anyone still regularly visiting the official sidhe RL2 forums? If so can you compile a list of the new info thats been released? I can't be f***ed going to it anymore... nothing ever seems to happen and there are too many school kids *****ing.
This thread will give you most of the answers you are after...............

http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread.php?t=3417

I'm in your boat in regards to the official SIDHE RL2 site - too many bored people repeating the same old questions over and over.....................perhaps Mario could sticky the thread I just linked to on the site and encourage the guy who posted it to keep it up to date - he was doing a good service. [/b]
ive got the full list of what mario has said or confirmed
in the rugby league 2 insider.
its called Mario insider.
http://leaguegaming.7.forumer.com/

if the usa tomahawks are in the game does that mean its safe to assume the irish wolfhounds are in it too? and mario, do u know if the squad for ireland( if included) is the proper irish team drawn from Rugby League Ireland, that plays in the nations cup or the mickey mouse one we had in the last world cup where the only thing irish about most of the team was that they iked the odd guinness?

Even though it has been discussed in this thread with Mario already I can't but fell bummed out that the players still have the same old attributes based out of 10..............

The more I think about it the more I think SIDHE have dropped the ball on this one, as it would have made the new Franchise mode so much more a rewarding experience. At it stands there will be 100 odd clones of the same basic player model to choose from when constructing your team, with little difference between them.

I mean some of the new things like ball stripping (hardly a priority I would have thought) have been included at the expense of other more important things?? online play should only be implemented (though some would disagree) once the one player mode has been vastly improved, as it is easily the most played mode. I mean how many versions has the PES series gone through before finally going online??

From what I've seen from the suggestions for rugby league 2, one of the most popular was for "holding down in the tackle" (a great feature from EAs old ARL game), but that didn't get the go ahead?? "Ball stripping" occurs once a blue moon (and isn't that relevant) whilst "holding down in the tackle" happens every second tackle (and is an important strategy in the real game)?? Would have been great to have this feature along with the ref being clearly heard to say "get off him", "dominant" etc

I presume whenever a new version is confirmed the top SIDHE brass sit around brainstorming about what to include/not include?? (maybe Mario could give us a behind the scenes look at this process).

Perhaps I might get an invite next time to plead the case for more individual player abilities (including a bigger range for player stats, more player abilities, *special* player abilities), FORM RATINGS (to encourage us to change our starting lineup during the season, and faithfully recreate those players that are erratic in their performance from game to game).

This would have extended the fun factor (especially in creating teams in franchise mode) of the game tenfold . Hopefully at least fatigue plays a part in how effective players are from game to game in franchise/season mode??

......and lastly (if you are still reading) I find it a little ironic that some members on this thread are criticising the SIDHE forums when SOME of our (long term) members are turning some of the rugby forums threads (including this thread) into mindless, off topic chatter (Oh, and Ripper, it was ME
<
).

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jul 28 2005, 08:32 AM
Even though it has been discussed in this thread with Mario already I can't but fell bummed out that the players still have the same old attributes based out of 10..............

The more I think about it the more I think SIDHE have dropped the ball on this one, as it would have made the new Franchise mode so much more a rewarding experience. At it stands there will be 100 odd clones of the same basic player model to choose from when constructing your team, with little difference between them.

I mean some of the new things like ball stripping (hardly a priority I would have thought) have been included at the expense of other more important things?? online play should only be implemented (though some would disagree) once the one player mode has been vastly improved, as it is easily the most played mode. I mean how many versions has the PES series gone through before finally going online??

From what I've seen from the suggestions for rugby league 2, one of the most popular was for "holding down in the tackle" (a great feature from EAs old ARL game), but that didn't get the go ahead?? "Ball stripping" occurs once a blue moon (and isn't that relevant) whilst "holding down in the tackle" happens every second tackle (and is an important strategy in the real game)?? Would have been great to have this feature along with the ref being clearly heard to say "get off him", "dominant" etc
I agree with everything you said

player ratings out of 100 is a necessity
holding down on the tackle - i thought this was included - totally bummed out now

Yeah i cannot stand it when developers go for online play when the basics arent good enough

I believe it is the going trend these days with developers - GET IT ONLINE, SELLS MORE COPIES

I do not want to think about the sacrifices made to inlcude online feature

No point building on a game without the foundations fully approved - and RL1 was a mixed reaction.........PES series is never debated - only within its own editions

Originally posted by ak47@Jul 28 2005, 10:47 AM
holding down on the tackle - i thought this was included - totally bummed out now

Holding down in the tackle is included. You can even be penalised for it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I believe it is the going trend these days with developers - GET IT ONLINE, SELLS MORE COPIES[/b]

Its not motivated by sales, but by giving people what they want. Online play was the second most requested feature from fans behind Franchise Mode.

Originally posted by Mario+Jul 28 2005, 11:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jul 28 2005, 11:25 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jul 28 2005, 10:47 AM

Holding down in the tackle is included. You can even be penalised for it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I believe it is the going trend these days with developers - GET IT ONLINE, SELLS MORE COPIES[/b]

Its not motivated by sales, but by giving people what they want. Online play was the second most requested feature from fans behind Franchise Mode. [/b]
Whoops sorry Mario (went through the official sites "features" list and didn't see it there)............

That is excellent news. Does the ref make calls relating to the play the ball area ie. "get off him" "release" etc?? (not a biggie though...)

Edit: Is this "new" news on the game?? Holding down in the tackle is not mentioned in the "features" in the official site, neither could I find Mario confirming this in the past??

Player ratings out of 10 could work a lot better if you utilised the whole range of numbers (rather then just the middle/top end), and perhaps SIDHE have implemented this instead?? eg. average/good players have ratings between say 4-7 (maybe with the odd higher or lower stat), great players between 8-10 (maybe with the odd lower stat), below standard (for top flight footy anyhow) players 1-3 (maybe with the odd higher stat).

This would therefore spread the range of ratings, and make individual players less alike.

A "1" wouldn't mean they couldn't catch and pass anything, instead a "1" would be like a very basic "run of the mill" standard (ie. Can do the basics, but nothing special). This would reflect the fact that any top grade footy player has at least an above average playing ability to make it that far in the first place.....

Originally posted by Mario@Jul 28 2005, 11:25 AM
Online play was the second most requested feature from fans behind Franchise Mode.
Thats a pity

Obviously these people were very satisfied with everything else
was that request from the PC users??

ie PC users have a patched copy - no gameplay gripes
same people request online - coz pc online is the standard

I trust its nearly perfect if online was implemented
regardless of feedback..u know ur stuff, u know rugby league, so personally urself u must be extremely satisfied with everything else, to include the online feature

would have thought these should be addressed for optimum realism
left footed kickers was more important
progressive dirt
dominant tackles
customised replays
I know for a fact console online has not really taken off, especially in australia/nz and especially when compared to the online pc market

Seems the 2nd most requested feature was from pc users whom have the patched copy - DO YOU NOT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS?..I do.....they dont use the shelved copy!

Edit

furthur to all this u can already see the massive demand the online for the next rugby 2006
we all already know for a fact alot of issues need to be adressed before online can be implemented in rugby 2006

its these unedcuated requests i hope havent polluted Sidhe's priorities for Rugby League 2

Thanks for the info on 'holding down in the tackle' - VERY GOOD NEWS
<

Originally posted by ak47+Jul 28 2005, 12:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jul 28 2005, 12:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario
@Jul 28 2005, 11:25 AM
Online play was the second most requested feature from fans behind Franchise Mode.
Thats a pity

Obviously these people were very satisfied with everything else
was that request from the PC users??

ie PC users have a patched copy - no gameplay gripes
same people request online - coz pc online is the standard [/b]
Actually, the majority of requests for online play came from console users.

**** aye

well i will be expecting the perfect game then

Heck Madden only got online a few years ago

already on rugby league 2

i hope the gameplay has improved in the same respect
visually it has come on leaps and bounds, so i shouldnt be so negative towards the gameplay.......

Just dont wanna be as excited as last time, as i felt empty with NRL after a few weeks of play

Just to reiterate on my idea of minipulating the current "player ratings out of 10" - the numbers could be made to relate to the following percentages.........

1 = 55% ability rating
2 = 60%
3 = 64%
4 = 68%
5 = 72%
6 = 76%
7 = 81%
8 = 86%
9 = 92%
10 = 97% (NO ONES perfect)

Surely this would allow for more variety between the different players rather then the current method which has a mass of players scoring around the 6-7 mark (2 ratings) in most abilities?? By using this model the bulk of these same players would be spread over 2-6 (5 ratings)..........

I know exactly what ur saying NZL

IMO - thats the best/only way to get the most out of the stats that max at 10

good thinking

I hope Sidhe have implemented

Once again - who is the A-Hole, who instead of owning up takes the cowardly way out and deletes all the posts asking who was the A-Hole who deleted all the posts...

Im sure its NZL_Fan...

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 28 2005, 05:10 PM
Once again - who is the A-Hole, who instead of owning up takes the cowardly way out and deletes all the posts asking who was the A-Hole who deleted all the posts...

Im sure its NZL_Fan...
See my post half way up the page.........

Originally posted by NZL fan+Jul 28 2005, 06:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Jul 28 2005, 06:12 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jul 28 2005, 05:10 PM

Im sure its NZL_Fan...
See my post half way up the page......... [/b]
you are interevening unnecessarily my sub1000 posts....like the dude who becomes a cop cos he got beat up at school and wants to bully everyone else, like, as if, once having learned it is bad, then it is somehow not even worse to do it yourself.

Good one NZL fan...

legend buddy.

Delet that...go on...there it goes....out the door and into the trash in the hands of the nazi. Don't spill any Henrich....

Alright... I sense a PM war between TRF's very own Nazi and NZL_Fan...

Post the carnage here.

Its simple really, stick to topic and I wont have to delete posts.

If you want to talk "off topic" use the relevant threads on this forum.

Number of posts made is not whats important, QUALITY of posts made is what is important.

Now feel free to talk about rugby league 2 all you like............

Latest posts