• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

OK Mario - how we shaping?

and your reason for deleting the stuff in the Off-Topic discussion?

The ***le of the board is clearly OFF-TOPIC, we werent offending anyone, even a fellow mod in St Helens said the *****ing thread was one of the best he's seen in ages, you should be stripped of your rank just for deleting the Rassie v Chiro war...

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 28 2005, 06:59 PM
and your reason for deleting the stuff in the Off-Topic discussion?

The ***le of the board is clearly OFF-TOPIC, we werent offending anyone, even a fellow mod in St Helens said the *****ing thread was one of the best he's seen in ages, you should be stripped of your rank just for deleting the Rassie v Chiro war...
there have been #)+ posts here - over HALF on the topic I starter ARSE BREATH!!!.....f***ing stop killing normal speech and go away and write the sequel to 1984 you f****ing a**ho*e NZL fan you heathen ba**ard.

Jesus pal, what is wrong with you?

come on - leave this be - let the people decide.

VOX POPULIS....VOX DEI

"THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE............

IS THE VOICE OF GOD."

Think about it pal.

proberly asked before, but jason stevens - does he do wedgie tackles?

and ripper wanted to know, when you use hapouati, and hold on in a tackle does he, erm, you know?

Finally, the thread is back ON topic!

Mario - could you tell us about the minimum specifications for the PC version of the game?

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Aug 20 2005, 03:36 AM
Finally, the thread is back ON topic!

Mario - could you tell us about the minimum specifications for the PC version of the game?
Same as the previous version except we no longer support Windows 98.

anyone see the news report on this on channel 3?

yeh i dont know...graphics look WAY better..animations looked tweak

but the gameplay still looks shoddy..steven price was playing the game against the comp i think it twas..the coverboy himself said he was having fun...

i noticed tho..it was the warriors vs the knights i believe
i noticed from the scrum once stacey picked up the ball he stopped..then ran...which was the same thing that happened on part 1..stop an go..no on the burst or running onto it

he also ran directly into the opposing defender from the scrum and tried to swerve away before contact..which looked blocky an unrealistic becoz the impact just stopped an collapsed...when usually players either progress forward or backward or sideways one on one...

yeh..gameplay looks samey..which is a shame
hopefully u prove me wrong rl2..

also..the career mode is sounding stronger by the day which is rilly cool..sounds really indepth..
even sjrl was a surprise with all the gaming an sub gaming options they had was awesome so this sequel sounds much better and sound like the big draw card "the franchise mode"<awesome

but gameplay looks samey....<lamey

Originally posted by sambad5@Aug 19 2005, 10:32 PM
proberly asked before, but jason stevens - does he do wedgie tackles?

and ripper wanted to know, when you use hapouati, and hold on in a tackle does he, erm, you know?
Sambad wants to know if you have any ideas He can pass on to his Lesbian, Leftist Puppet Masters on how to spend even more and more on the Health System while making the hospital waiting lists even longer.

George Hawkins is also wondering if you know of any good Taxi Companies he could redirect the 111 Ph Number too.

Mario: Just going back to the player ability ratings again..................do the numbers 1-10 equate to 0-100% ability (ie. a 1 is 10%), or do they reflect something else??

If they do reflect something else has Sidhe utilised the whole range of numbers more, rather then just mainly 6-9 as was the case in Rugby league one??(ie. are there more 1s-4s)
<

ie.something like I mentioned before,

1 = 55% ability rating
2 = 60%
3 = 64%
4 = 68%
5 = 72%
6 = 76%
7 = 81%
8 = 86%
9 = 92%
10 = 97% (NO ONES perfect)

Originally posted by NZL fan@Aug 24 2005, 01:48 PM
Mario: Just going back to the player ability ratings again..................do the numbers 1-10 equate to 0-100% ability (ie. a 1 is 10%), or do they reflect something else??

If they do reflect something else has Sidhe utilised the whole range of numbers more, rather then just mainly 6-9 as was the case in Rugby league one??(ie. are there more 1s-4s)
<

ie.something like I mentioned before,

1 = 55% ability rating
2 = 60%
3 = 64%
4 = 68%
5 = 72%
6 = 76%
7 = 81%
8 = 86%
9 = 92%
10 = 97% (NO ONES perfect)
I can see what you are getting at, but what you are proposing doesn't really make sense mathematically in the context of the game.

It will be the case that the majority of players will have stats in the 4-7+ range, but the game also has scope to support lower ratings for players degrading in Franchise, custom players, and the occassional limited default players.

Doing what you propose would allow for more variation in one sense, but would actually restrict it in another (you'd trade off more individuality at the upper end with having a much larger pool of "samey" players at the lower end).

In any case, you have the ability to adjust gameplay sliders and edit the stats as you see fit, so you can customise individual players and teams to your own preferences.

Thanks for the reply....

........no my idea isn't ideal, but when you are working with stats only out of 10 a bit of creative thinking was needed.......I'd rather the rubbish players were "samey", then the middle to top players.......

So to recap: Is a 1 rating in ability equivalent to 10% ability??Ie. A person with a "1" for handling has a 90% chance of dropping the ball??

Originally posted by Mario@Aug 24 2005, 02:45 PM
In any case, you have the ability to adjust gameplay sliders and edit the stats as you see fit, so you can customise individual players and teams to your own preferences.
Does this mean we can amend the overall rating of a team??

ie say the Tigers, Bulldogs and Roosters

Have Sidhe amended the teams overall ratings to their current state - or is that something locked in already for our adjusting

Coz even in my "Raiders" opinion the Tigers should be atleast top5 teams within the game

I suppose either way in frachise this is all negated after the 1st batch of negotiations

Originally posted by ak47+Aug 24 2005, 02:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Aug 24 2005, 02:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario
@Aug 24 2005, 02:45 PM
Does this mean we can amend the overall rating of a team??

ie say the Tigers, Bulldogs and Roosters

Have Sidhe amended the teams overall ratings to their current state - or is that something locked in already for our adjusting

Coz even in my "Raiders" opinion the Tigers should be atleast top5 teams within the game

I suppose either way in frachise this is all negated after the 1st batch of negotiations [/b]
You can edit default team stuff too.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Aug 24 2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the reply....

........no my idea isn't ideal, but when you are working with stats only out of 10 a bit of creative thinking was needed.......I'd rather the rubbish players were "samey", then the middle to top players.......

So to recap: Is a 1 rating in ability equivalent to 10% ability??Ie. A person with a "1" for handling has a 90% chance of dropping the ball??
Its not really that linear for the most part.

Originally posted by Mario+Aug 24 2005, 05:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Aug 24 2005, 05:09 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Aug 24 2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the reply....

Its not really that linear for the most part. [/b]
..and thats political speak for??

Really the reason I am interested is that I might want to edit teams and spread the ability ratings over a wider range - HOWEVER if a 1-3 means that the player would not be able to function basic abilities, then I'd probably leave it as is.........

Good news about the team ratings though - games like rugby 2005 have team ratings that are set, without the ability to customise..........which is a pain.

Originally posted by NZL fan+Aug 25 2005, 09:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Aug 25 2005, 09:40 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Mario@Aug 24 2005, 05:09 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Aug 24 2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the reply....

Its not really that linear for the most part.
..and thats political speak for??

Really the reason I am interested is that I might want to edit teams and spread the ability ratings over a wider range - HOWEVER if a 1-3 means that the player would not be able to function basic abilities, then I'd probably leave it as is.........

Good news about the team ratings though - games like rugby 2005 have team ratings that are set, without the ability to customise..........which is a pain. [/b]
"Linear" is a mathematical reference. In saying that its not linear means their isn't necessarily a direct correlation between a player's individual stat and a given action. There are other factors that influence any given situation. In some situations multiple stats are used in combination with environmental and situational factors (such as confidence levels) to determine outcomes.

I don't really have the time or the inclination to explain it any more than this. I'll just reiterate that I understand what you are proposing but you are oversimplifying the situation, and the argument is therefore flawed.

In my view, you should leave the stats the way they are when you get the game as thats what the gameplay has been balanced around.

Cheers..............I'll just make the "odd" minor player ability adjustment then at the top end of the stats.........

Hopefully in version three we can get the stats out of 100, and at least triple the amount of abilities being rated, as well as some "hidden" abilities that cannot be seen or changed by the user (ie. consistancy, "big game"/pressure ability, leadership)...........

Originally posted by NZL fan@Aug 25 2005, 10:40 AM
Cheers..............I'll just make the "odd" minor player ability adjustment then at the top end of the stats.........

Hopefully in version three we can get the stats out of 100, and at least triple the amount of abilities being rated, as well as some "hidden" abilities that cannot be seen or changed by the user (ie. consistancy, "big game"/pressure ability, leadership)...........
YES NZL FAN

PES special abilities, which have STAR ratings

Good thinking

Latest posts