• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official RFU announcement and screens for The Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

I looks good. But, I thought the RFU licence came with the IRB/World Cup Licence...??
Nice screen shots, looks ssooooo much better!! :D

it just seems rash now that they scared everyone so much with the initial screenshots. When they came out and said it was because of compression it just sounded like damage control to me, HB thank you for proving me wrong xx

Also it looks as though there's dynamic lighting as shadows are cast realistically across their shirts, I'm hyped.

Last edited:
To be honest HB have been very honest and with the initial screenshots they put their hands up and admitted it was a mistake on their part.

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP (Even if it is england ;) )

Never doubted it for one second, as many have said screens are getting better and better :D :D Cannot wait to see whats in store next :D Really looking to be an exiting summer of rugby gaming.
As long as i can play Wales vs England in either Millennium stadium or twickenham, then i'll be happy :p (makes sence seeing as SIDHE have exclusive licences to Australia and NZ).

Keep up the good work HB and TRF :D

What I ment was that in the game the teams should all be using their world cup shirts as its based of the RWC..

Playing at Twickenham in world cup shirts just isn't going to happen though is it? Hence why they should have regular shirts also.

can anybody work out who england are playing in the first screenshot? looks like tonga?

Looks good. Confused me a bit when I saw the screens on Facebook, and thought, "is that Twickenham?"

can anybody work out who england are playing in the first screenshot? looks like tonga?

I'm not 100% but it looks like Japan, I can't tell completely because the zoom on mac blurs the screen, but I see white around the red on the jersey, which looks slightly like the Japan 2007 RWC jersey.

japan.jpg

Don t see any licensed real boots. Probably not too high on the list, but would add to the realism of the game.

I know people are suggesting who the teams are in the first screenshot, but would it be too obvious to say England v Wales??? red with white lines down the side, seems plausible. Not that i matters anyways :p fun fun fun

Don t see any licensed real boots. Probably not too high on the list, but would add to the realism of the game.

When you're actually playing the game, using side cam or the end cam option (or whatever camera options are actually ingame), are you really going to notice what make a set of boots are? C'mon now...

Just HB pulling the wool over our eyes.

Trying to distract us from the real point. Why aren't they answering the big questions!?!?

Are the Red's licenced? And will the ref's have licenced ear-pieces?

Licenced ear-pieces would really add to the realism.

I know people are suggesting who the teams are in the first screenshot, but would it be too obvious to say England v Wales??? red with white lines down the side, seems plausible. Not that i matters anyways :p fun fun fun

I was thinking that at first... I thought far too obvious and just immediately dismissed them :lol:, but I think the team playing in red are wearing black shorts :p.

Great to get a close up! Graphics look fantastic. If the gameplay is as good as the graphics and the preview we're in for a treat. Good to see that there will be stadia other than the ones made for the world cup itself. Twickenham looks wonderful.
Some people may be eating their words I think. Thanks HB! looking forward to further updates!!! :D