• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

More Licence info released...

Shots are looking really good. Both rugby games are looking better than I thought they would. Really looking forward to August!!
Thanks HB and keep up the good work!! :D

Graphics look good enough, the game play will be the deciding factor.

Can't help thinking Rwc 2011 will not have the longevity seeing as we can only play as 20 teams.Rugby challenge has 95 teams?

I don't think that will necessarily be the case for fans of Rugby. In my experience last year I continued to play the FIFA World Cup game many months after the WC ended and considering there has been a FIFA game released annually since I can remember, and no rugby game since 2007 I am craving the opportunity to play the game even if it's just including the RWC Teams. Also taking into account that I am not interested in football the sport (not exactly the same as liking or playing the game I know) and still played it for a long time, I believe rugby fans will be able to do the exact same, but this is just coming from my point of view.
Also with the opportunity to play against friends and opponents online will obviously add to the longevity of the game.

In my experience last year I continued to play the FIFA World Cup game many months after the WC ended and considering there has been a FIFA game released annually since I can remember, and no rugby game since 2007 I am craving the opportunity to play the game even if it's just including the RWC Teams.

In fairness though, FIFA World Cup South Africa had 199 teams in it

Yeah fair enough, but I would imagine if you prefer rugby more than football, you'll be able to get more enjoyment out of the game, which also improves longevity.

Although you're probably right the reason I was able to play the WC game for longer was because there was a massive list of teams to play, but I still think you have to be optimistic about it, in my eyes the game looks great and I bet I'll enjoy the game thoroughly.

Oh I agree, I think the game is shaping up nicely and I'm sure I will enjoy it, I just don't know for how long. Looking forward to getting my hands on it though

I still play Rugby 08 almost every day, but these days I'll often just play one of two 'friendlies' between two internationals, so it doesn't really bother me :p
I understand I'll be in the vast vast vast minority, but it won't really effect me (during the season I'll often play games with Sale vs whoever they're against that week, but will often just revert to England vs Wales/Ireland/whoever :p )

Fifa WC 2010 has awesome gameplay and it is my most played game. Online is awesome in WC.

The screens do not reflcet the final version of the game, there still tweeking some stuff of the game, if you read the lazy gamer review it says that they are still working on the game and should be ready in time for August. I think that people whould be happy that a rugby game has been released since 2007. If your not happy with this game then buy rugby challenge, I know i'm gonna buy both games.

Is the France license exclusive? I kinda hope not, seeing as RC has clubs I'd like the Top 14 available so there can hypothetically be a chance of the HC in the "Franchise" mode. P.S. I also find it a bit weird that there's talk of RC "fanbois" slandering this game by members who seem to be mods? Whereas on the RC forum it's slightly more constructive rebuffs. You can't label me as an RC "fanboi" as I've never played let alone purchased a SIDHE game before. I'm just hoping both these forums don't end up being pathetic RC vs. HB flamewars ala FIFA/PES

liking the grapics but i just wished both games wud at least like hav the liscences to all the teams but aniway the game is lookin gud:D

I read in one of the threads earlier, you have another couple of new screen shots that your waiting to get the nod on before posting? ..do you think thats gonna be relatively soon (like maybe later on/tomorrow) or just near future? I'm hoping your waiting to get the nod as its possibly a new licence??? :D

Again, the referee has taken a sick day. Surely they'll have referees and touch judges?

What is it with everyone's obsession with referee's and touch judges?! Who gives a toss. I'd rather see the effort go into putting in a wider variety of sidesteps & fends etc.

I only notice the refs in FIFA when there's a stoppage, and I try to tackle him. :p

I only notice the refs in FIFA when there's a stoppage, and I try to tackle him. :p
How ridiculous*

*ly good, it's what I do too :p

France is exclusive to Rugby World Cup, according to the Facebook page :) (they posted it a few minutes ago)

How ridiculous*

*ly good, it's what I do too :p

France is exclusive to Rugby World Cup, according to the Facebook page :) (they posted it a few minutes ago)

Coo-eee:

The Rugby Forum is pleased to announce the following Unions have announced that they will feature in Rugby World Cup 2011 developed by HB Studios and Published by 505 Games.

France
and
South Africa

The Screenshots below have been provided to The Rugby Forum by HB Studios, 505 Games and Things With Wings. These are not exclusive, but if you do redistribute these images across the Internet please do link back to us.

256637_164887426910176_143146185750967_411688_6930178_o.jpg

257997_164887476910171_143146185750967_411689_809984_o.jpg

272209_164887603576825_143146185750967_411693_8259262_o.jpg

259213_164887576910161_143146185750967_411692_3775594_o.jpg

266213_164887523576833_143146185750967_411690_8386777_o.jpg

New screenshots released.

Last edited:
Aye, I was saying that it was exclusive, something which wasn't known before :p

Loving the new screens, there's a new view of the lineout on their FB as well

Someone on FB was complaining about everyone chasing the ball, despite only 2 people actually moving towards the ball carrier in the screenshot....
Looking good though, and NZ look "All Black" enough to not notice they aren't licensed, imo

Cool, looks lekka. Not close to Rugby Challenge's Graphics by any means; but still Chuffed. Well Done HB. I can clearly see that 4 is Bakkies and 14 is JPP...good stuff. Frans Steyn's face could do with some improvement though. Like all the Screenshots and announcements we are getting from both HB and Sidhe...excitement def. Building!!!