• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

More Licence info released...

Trying not to get too excited, but no d-pad in the lineout pic makes me :D!

Looking good!
Nice little glimpse of the "HUD" as well

Lineout looks good, as do the French players in the closeup

lineouts looks identical to rugby 08

I was disappointed with recent screenshots, it seems true and lawful Rugby 08 with improved graphics

rugby-08-20070726111216154.jpg

0.jpg

look the players poses

and replaying rugby 08 on ps2, I realized that, it would seem from the screenshots, that even the movements of the players have not changed at all.

Looking pretty good, although not groundbreaking and considering that the gameplay looks like it will follow very closely with 08's design, not a significant improvement from previous iterations. However this is not necessarily a bad thing as 06 and 08 were fairly good games, the only obvious drawback for me is that this would have been a perfect time to take the series to a new level in line with the next-gen platform, possibly enough to entice new consumers to the series.

I think its best to approach this game with cautious expectations, otherwise you may be in for a let down. Lets hope the team at HB have put a bit of extra effort and resources in to bring some new features and approaches to the table, which would certainly be a nice way to distance themselves from the EA brand which the average consumer will continue to associate with this series.

Last edited:
lineouts looks identical to rugby 08

I was disappointed with recent screenshots, it seems true and lawful Rugby 08 with improved graphics

rugby-08-20070726111216154.jpg

0.jpg

look the players poses

and replaying rugby 08 on ps2, I realized that, it would seem from the screenshots, that even the movements of the players have not changed at all.

Agree 100%

People see what they want to see, and when people are already negative about a product they will nit pick ;)

Can you post the video with the movements of the players?
I haven't seen that one yet

Or have you played the game? I'm keen for that too :)

yeah there is gonna be a few little things that people will pick at, but i think this game is gonna be amazing overall. would sell my soul for the game to get the wru licence!!! lol.

Wow what exactly are you guys *****ing about!!! Don't you understand economics? They don't have the budget to make massive changes or take it to the "next level".

Maybe its just me but I am never blown away by Fifa's graphics in game. In fact most of the time I wonder why its not 10 times better with the budget and the money that the game makes. How exactly do you expect them to compete? Hell one of the biggest publishers in gaming is not even interested in getting involved.

Maybe RC is better and hopefully they make an amazing game, hell find me one rugby gamer that is wishing that they fail. I am hoping like hell that it is going to be hard to decide which one is better.

p.s if another game doesn't come out next year and theres no downloadable content/updates, a thread on here would be amazing to share created players (kinda like caw's on the wrestling games back in the day)

Guys, worse case scenrio the game is 08 with updated players amd a few extras. That still better than what we have now. I love the mods but not one mod has nailed it down because of the fact to the world its like throwing a pebble in the ocean and expecting a tidal wave. With NH, SH, ITM, ERC, and Currie we are all left wanting in some way. This new game from HB and Sidhe is going to give a few months of playing with up to date rosters and face without having to spend so much time on TRF asking for someone to make John Smith and his new do. As much as I love TRF I'd much rather spend the months leading up to the WC getting Xbox finger and wrist than coming to TRF everyday hoping that there is a time machine mod that will take my 2007 game and pull it into 2011. I'm buying both and playing them until the kickoff of the 1st game and then again at the final whistle of each match until the eden park final (and prob getting a divorce in the process) Support Rugby we need positives this yea because next year the game will be outdated and we are 3 years out from the next all world comp. Damn a homeless man would never pass on a cracker saying "Yeah but its not a steak"

Wow what exactly are you guys *****ing about!!! Don't you understand economics? They don't have the budget to make massive changes or take it to the "next level".

Maybe its just me but I am never blown away by Fifa's graphics in game. In fact most of the time I wonder why its not 10 times better with the budget and the money that the game makes. How exactly do you expect them to compete? Hell one of the biggest publishers in gaming is not even interested in getting involved.

No one is wishing this to fail, but others like me and annoyed by what we have seen so far this game is reusing a lot of assets from a game that was made 6 years ago. Is it really too much to ask to change these aspects that people had been complaining about? Show us something new in these screen shots to get exited about instead of screenshots that can be recreated in Rugby 08 within a few minutes.

No one is wishing this to fail, but others like me and annoyed by what we have seen so far this game is reusing a lot of assets from a game that was made 6 years ago. Is it really too much to ask to change these aspects that people had been complaining about? Show us something new in these screen shots to get exited about instead of screenshots that can be recreated in Rugby 08 within a few minutes.

You're right and I totally agree.
I also read somewhere that HB studios have budget constraints which might indeed have them using rugby 08 material - there is most certainly evidence of this in these images, especially the lineout image, where player animations look exactly like Rugby 08 (the French backline have the same animation and the two respective scrumhalfs look like duplicates facing opposite directions)

You're right and I totally agree.
I also read somewhere that HB studios have budget constraints which might indeed have them using rugby 08 material - there is most certainly evidence of this in these images, especially the lineout image, where player animations look exactly like Rugby 08 (the French backline have the same animation and the two respective scrumhalfs look like duplicates facing opposite directions)

The thing that got people excited about RC (apparent from the graphics) was what they showed was new. All the animations they had were different thus to any rugby game fan the screen shots appear fresh and exiting.

We then go to RWC2011 who's screenshots have looked painfully familiar to Rugby 08. Why not give us a screenshot of the chip kick that you 's did? Or the new defensive strategies? Something we he haven't seen before in a HB rugby game? Then you'll see proper excitement.

I'd love to know where these "reliable" sources get their info from. TRF is the only place HB are talking.

Only a handful of people have played it, all of them have either been full of praise or silent in approval because of the gagging orders.

These "reusing everything from 08" comments are speculation from people being so unbelievably anal they want to nit pick any minor point they find. Or, even more the case, people who don't know what they're looking for and repeating the most outlandish comments they've seen written 15 posts earlier. Or, worst of all, Sidhe fanbois trolling like they're part of some elite crew (I notice they never mention the RC animations make every player waddle around like they've a carrot shoved up their arse).

This rugby game looks a little like another rugby game which looks a bit like the sport of rugby itself, you say? Well **** the bed, you do surprise me.

I'm not too worried about some most aspects of this game, HB have a huge head start in making very good rugby games. This appears to have all the hallmarks of an awesome game!

The advanced previews of Rugby Challenge have been warm responses. Not red hot. Forward play has met a VERY tepid response. It seems there is NO breakdown contest. Sidhe have made decent, then poor, then (from all accounts) reasonable (but not flash) Rugby League games. I sincerely wish them nothing but success, I have nothing to lose by that.

Still I feel there's far too much fear in HB's legal advice. Too many "what if someone gets angry about you enabling this" type feedbacks. Enabling is not putting something into a game. Stop playing safe!

Check PES and many other VERY EDITABLE games. IT IS POSSIBLE. End of story.

The thing that got people excited about RC (apparent from the graphics) was what they showed was new. All the animations they had were different thus to any rugby game fan the screen shots appear fresh and exiting.

We then go to RWC2011 who's screenshots have looked painfully familiar to Rugby 08. Why not give us a screenshot of the chip kick that you 's did? Or the new defensive strategies? Something we he haven't seen before in a HB rugby game? Then you'll see proper excitement.

I was unaware any gameplay footage had been released for either game to compare animations?

I'm not too worried about some most aspects of this game, HB have a huge head start in making very good rugby games. This appears to have all the hallmarks of an awesome game!

The advanced previews of Rugby Challenge have been warm responses. Not red hot. Forward play has met a VERY tepid response. It seems there is NO breakdown contest. Sidhe have made decent, then poor, then (from all accounts) reasonable (but not flash) Rugby League games. I sincerely wish them nothing but success, I have nothing to lose by that.

Check PES and many other VERY EDITABLE games. IT IS POSSIBLE. End of story.

Sorry but im taking every preview up until release with a pinch of Salt, NZGamer, LazyGamer and the two blogs that got to play the respective Rugby Games were hardly going to come out and say

"Worst sports game ever, what the hell were they thinking?"

None of the reviews done have been objective they have all been done with rose tinted glasses and you can't deny that. Until someone has played the game who really has nothing to loose by stating their mind then i won't be listening to the previewers opinion but just what features they mentioned.

"Still I feel there's far too much fear in HB's legal advice. Too many "what if someone gets angry about you enabling this" type feedbacks. Enabling is not putting something into a game. Stop playing safe!"

What do you mean? Like you think that maybe they should of taken on board some of the ruck (highly detailed) ideas that have been suggested over the years ? I don't think they would risk it when they already had a format for how their own rucks worked and just implemented something the community asked for which was quick ruck ball. I just think that for a game that looks so familiar they should of been pushing a few screenshots that would blow people away and go "Wow this is RWC2011" not "Nice but hey wasn't that in Rugby 08?".

Latest posts