• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

More Licence info released...

Its a shame these game will not be for PC.I'm really sad whith that,sure there isn't any chance of that?

I think Rugby Challenge is gonna be on PC mate. I just noticed the SA hookers shoulders and arms on the second shot.....seriously dodge!!

Looks a lot like gameplay will be same as 08 - just slightly updated - lets hope its bee updated a lot more. but looking at past history this is to be expected. RC looks more like JLR by sounds of it - that has my vote at the mo

Ireland next :)<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">function SOswitchMenu() {var el = document.getElementById('bodyDiv');if ( el.style.display != "none" ) { el.style.display = 'none';}else { el.style.display = '';}var el2 = document.getElementById('h2');if ( el2.className == "calHeader goog-zippy-expanded normalText" ) { el2.className = "calHeader goog-zippy-collapsed normalText";return;}if ( el2.className == "calHeader goog-zippy-collapsed normalText" ) { el2.className = "calHeader goog-zippy-expanded normalText";return;}}</script><script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">function SOframeReload() {var f = document.getElementById('soFrame');f.src = f.src;}</script>

HB this game is looking extremely good from my perspective. I can't wait for the box to hit the shelves so I can spend countless hours on it :) Looking at reviews online from people who have trialed the game they all rate the game extremely high which is great news! The screenshots look great, the graphics look amazing, the licensing is great so far (hurray for England!) and I can't wait to see who else is licensed! Can't wait for a trailer to appear if there is going to be one and I wish it were the 26th tommorow because I am really looking forward to playing this game! Thanks for all the work you've put in and are putting in to make this game amazing!

Quite like that gameplay shot! The backline could be a bit wider (the defence is wide) but it looks really good I think. Hope Lineouts are from that view.

the graphics are ok, not liking the way that all the players stances are exactly the same

the hooker s arms!! terrible im not getting this game. Plus the way there talking about licenses is like its only 5 teams wid it. very bad hb i hope the graphics are still in development ass-well:( just hoping ea announce a rugby game in the up coming seconds minutes hours days weeks months years decades centenarys lets just hope fingers cross.

France? Brilliant! I can sing my Vincent Clerc song and really annoy anyone I'm playing against! It all looks very nice.

Brilain Briliant Briliant. Keep it up HB. This is gonna be sick!!!!
Ellis Park looks spot on.

Ireland and Wales next maybe,fingers crossed ,btw game looks absolutely brilliant,fair play

Ellis Park doesnt look good. You can see its Ellis Park, but the finer details isnt good. And besides the close-up screenshot which looks awesome, the others looks poor. losing hope on RWC being a good game:-( Rugby Challenge looks better, but they dont have South African Licenses.

looks looks looks. Who cares, how often do you play the game with the camera right in someones face anyway. You normally play at with the camera at a distance. So which ever ***le has the slight superiority on the closes ups, it will count for nothing once the game starts. The fluidity of the graphics is far more important

Haha some people are so biased, they really want this game to fail. Any slight problem with a picture and its get ripped apart. So what if the plays looked roughly the same. I liked that part of 08, there was rarely a problem with the formations it was what happened after that which was the issue. They said they have worked hard at it to improve and the breakdown area, so will take their word and wait until we get to play it or see t in action. RC have said you can only put people in the ruck not take them out. This sounds a little dodgy to me as once you have commited to the ruck thats it. But it may work really well, who knows. Try not come on here and just criticise, its pointless unless constructive.

The shot of the two French players is very promising but judging from the rest of the images, this one has added effects in 'graphics'.
If you look at the big tv screen in the stadium shot - it's exactly the same as Rugby 08! - just a pointless shot of the corner of the field!:(and the background buildings look awful! The in-game shot is full of poor animations -both scrumhalfs look mirrored and the entire French backline have exactly the same stance :(It seems to me so far that the animations are no different from Rugby08's. Sorry if i seem picky here but flashy graphics do poor animations no favours. AND judging form those images, short lineouts are not an option:(

PS: I would love to be proven wrong with future updates and I certainly hope HB studios put their Springbok license to good use especially at the expense of the very promising RUGBY CHALLENGE :)

Last edited: