English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
xcfEeV7.png

What players are you hoping/excited to see potentially play in this years LV Cup.

Really wish they would join this with the A league as its one of my favourite comps.

From a Tigers POV potentially like to see
Maksymiw
Worth
Yawayawa
Simmons/White

could maybe also see Tuilagi Jnr and Betts getting game time aswell.

64mpJjq.jpg

Josh Charnley should be making his debut on Friday, and I'm very excited for that.
Because we've had so many injuries early on this season I think we'll mostly be using the LV to get them back to fitness (think we've got 9 first team players returning from injury this week)
Be interested to see George Nott play some senior rugby, and also Jeffers and Morton.
Bedlow didn't look out of place against Bristol, on short notice (he was travelling reserve, then went to the bench after Jennings failed a late fitness test and then played >60 after Addison went off) so would be good to see him get some more game time to press for a first team place.

Last edited:
From a Quins point of view, I'm looking forward to seeing whether a few of our young backs get a look in - I'm hoping to see Mikalcius, Aspland-Robinson, Ibitoye and Lang.

Aaron Morris should definitely get some game time, so I'm also interested to see how he shapes up as a possible long-term successor to Brown.

From a more general perspective, there's a few I'm keen to see:

Bath - Jack Walker (when fit)

Exeter - Maunder, Simmonds

Leicester - Evans

Newcastle - Chick

Northampton - Ludlam

Sale - Tom & Ben Curry, Nott, Mitchell and Charnley

Saracens - Isiekwe, Malins, Taylor

Wasps - Ehiodze, Willis

Worcester - Kitchener, Taylor

Croft is back

Leicester Tigers (v Bath Rugby, away, Friday 7.45pm)
15 George Worth
14 Tom Brady
13 Matt Smith (c)
12 Jack Roberts
11 George Catchpole
10 Freddie Burns
9 Jono Kitto
1 Greg Bateman
2 Harry Thacker
3 Fraser Balmain
4 Harry Wells
5 Joe Maksymiw
6 Luke Hamilton
7 Will Evans
8 Tomas Leonardi

Replacements
16 George McGuigan
17 Riccardo Brugnara
18 Pat Cilliers
19 Tom Croft
20 Fred Tuilagi
21 Sam Harrison
22 Oli Bryant
23 Charlie Thacker

Lots of returns from injury, and academy players, getting game time.
Curry Curry backrow!

Sale Sharks: 15. Tom Arscott, 14. Nev Edwards, 13. Sam Bedlow, 12. Mark Jennings, 11. Charlie Ingall, 10. Sam James, 9. Mike Phillips (c), 1. Ross Harrison, 2. Cameron Neild, 3. Brian Mujati, 4. Andrei Ostrikov, 5. Lou Reed, 6. Ben Curry, 7. Tom Curry, 8. Laurence Pearce

Replacements: 16. Curtis Langdon, 17. James Flynn, 18. Ciaran Parker, 19. George Nott, 20. Matt Rogerson, 21. James Mitchell, 22. Dan Mugford, 23. Josh Charnley

[FONT=&amp]Bath Rugby team to face Leicester Tigers
15. Darren Atkins
14. Jeff Williams
13. Aled Brew
12. Dan Bowden
11. Jack Wilson
10. Adam Hastings
9. Will Homer[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]1. Beno Obano
2. Michael van Vuuren
3. Shaun Knight
4. Elliott Stooke
5. Alex Humfrey
6. Levi Douglas
7. Guy Mercer ( c )
8. Zach Mercer[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Replacements
16. Gabriel Oghre
17. Max Lahiff
18. Kane Palma-Newport
19. Tom Ellis
20. Josh Bayliss
21. Darren Allinson
22. Rhys Priestland
23. Rory Jennings
[/FONT]
Obano and Douglas are both super powerful... expect some strong carries and tackles.

[FONT=&amp]Bath Rugby team to face Leicester Tigers
15. Darren Atkins
14. Jeff Williams
13. Aled Brew
12. Dan Bowden
11. Jack Wilson
10. Adam Hastings
9. Will Homer[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]1. Beno Obano
2. Michael van Vuuren
3. Shaun Knight
4. Elliott Stooke
5. Alex Humfrey
6. Levi Douglas
7. Guy Mercer ( c )
8. Zach Mercer[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Replacements
16. Gabriel Oghre
17. Max Lahiff
18. Kane Palma-Newport
19. Tom Ellis
20. Josh Bayliss
21. Darren Allinson
22. Rhys Priestland
23. Rory Jennings
[/FONT]
Obano and Douglas are both super powerful... expect some strong carries and tackles.

I've heard good things about both, but I've never seen either play. A Bath fan I know thinks Obano may end up overtaking the much-hyped Auterac. Douglas is apparently very raw but has the makings of a very good, aggressive 6.

I've heard good things about both, but I've never seen either play. A Bath fan I know thinks Obano may end up overtaking the much-hyped Auterac. Douglas is apparently very raw but has the makings of a very good, aggressive 6.

Auterac hasn't impressed me massively this season especially in the loose. He carries quite a lot but never seems to break the gainline.

Wilson making his debut pretty much fresh off the boat from NZ.

I've seen little of Douglas, but what I have seen has been very promising... he's looked like a bigger version of Teimana Harrison.

Obano probably would have been in the u20's had he not had a stress fracture in his spine! (He's also Maro's cousin, FWIW)

Lots of returns from injury, and academy players, getting game time.
Curry Curry backrow!

Sale Sharks: 15. Tom Arscott, 14. Nev Edwards, 13. Sam Bedlow, 12. Mark Jennings, 11. Charlie Ingall, 10. Sam James, 9. Mike Phillips (c), 1. Ross Harrison, 2. Cameron Neild, 3. Brian Mujati, 4. Andrei Ostrikov, 5. Lou Reed, 6. Ben Curry, 7. Tom Curry, 8. Laurence Pearce

Replacements: 16. Curtis Langdon, 17. James Flynn, 18. Ciaran Parker, 19. George Nott, 20. Matt Rogerson, 21. James Mitchell, 22. Dan Mugford, 23. Josh Charnley

Are either of the curry brothers in the 7 mould?

Aye, both are 7s, though they've both (though Ben moreso) played 6 and 8 to fit them both on the same backrow.

Evans
Ludlam
Underhill
Curry and Curry

I mean if they could all develop to the potential being touted then our 7 position in the next 5 years will be stacked.

Evans
Ludlam
Underhill
Curry and Curry

I mean if they could all develop to the potential being touted then our 7 position in the next 5 years will be stacked.

Ship the lot of them out to to NZ to learn how to do play 7 properly.

There's a conveyor belt of exciting talent coming through.From those I want to see a few really dominant characters emerge who will totally nail down positions for both club and country.

Ship the lot of them out to to NZ to learn how to do play 7 properly.

There's a conveyor belt of exciting talent coming through.From those I want to see a few really dominant characters emerge who will totally nail down positions for both club and country.

TBH they are all proper 7's already really.

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE HARLEQUINS

15 Phil Dollman
14 Max Bodilly
13 Ollie Devoto
12 Sam Hill
11 James Short
10 Will Hooley
9 Jack Maunder (capt)
1 Ben Moon
2 Shaun Malton
3 Greg Holmes
4 Ollie Atkins