• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Luncheon - the food thread

goodNumber10

International
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
London Wasps
Don't recall any of us doing this before, but i wnat to know what you had for lunch.

I just had a steak Burritto from Chipotle - with pretty much everything on it. :D

It's my once in a while treat to myself, I'm now so stuffed I can barely move at my desk.

What did you have?

Don't know about lunch, but I'm going to grinding some steak to make some burgers for supper.

Gonna wash it down with some stout whilst watching the World Club Series!

Don't know about lunch, but I'm going to grinding some steak to make some burgers for supper.

Gonna wash it down with some stout whilst watching the World Club Series!

nice!

the mrs is on dinner duty (i'll cook over the weekend).

I had a salad and soup...the soup had some croutons with it though.

And a dairy milk (not in the soup, on the side).

The life of a low paid writer is not filled with culinary excellence.

Made quesadillas from yesterday's leftover taco filling and ate them watching the third Lions test on DVD, because why not.

I don't really get croutons. I want my soup wet and my fried bread crunchy, and never the twain shall meet.

well this could be my thread as i do al the cooking at home.......
Lunch we had pan fied fillet of Biche,(young deer) grilled tomatoes, mushrooms and green beans.
tomorrow poule au pot ( boiled hen with loads of diffrent veggies served with mustards and flavoured mayos great typical french farmhouse dish.

- - - Updated - - -

Made quesadillas from yesterday's leftover taco filling and ate them watching the third Lions test on DVD, because why not.

I don't really get croutons. I want my soup wet and my fried bread crunchy, and never the twain shall meet.

if you fry your croutons in garlic oil they stay crunchy even when you add the soup excellent

They were free and as the world's most waif like back row I need my carbs!

Talking of French food, I was in Toulouse earlier in the week and had a delicious, incredibly tender bit of veal for lunch. So I guess I can't complain.

As quite an experienced drunk student, the last meal I ate was two Chicken Kievs and six sausages at the slightly later than usual time of 3 15. The foods didn't compliment each other and ketchup and garlic shouldn't mix. Overall a great meal though, might treat myself to bourbon creams now!

Who invited the French to a food conversation ...

without the French you would not have a conversation, best cuisine in the world along with Italien and Asian...............
our international rugby may not be up to much at the moment, but the food and club rugby exquisite.............

Last edited:
great fish in Portugal, especially the resturants where you choose from the fridge and they just keep cooking it till you say no more.......excellent

without the French you would not have a conversation, best cuisine in the world along with Italien and Asian...............
our international rugby may not be up to much at the moment, but the food and club rugby exquisite.............

how to cook French:

Fry some meat in some butter (garlic optional)
Pour in some Cream
Give it a fancy name
Serve with Baguette

:D

I'm a big fan of Asian food. Italian is nice - very simple compared to the french.

French gastronomy - definitely the most influential/important.

French food in general? Less influential I feel.

French gastronomy - definitely the most influential/important.

French food in general? Less influential I feel.

It's pretty much like anything, you get to the big cities and it's overpriced rubbish, but you get out into the rustic towns and it's lovely and simple and hearty and exactly what you want when you come of a cold wet rugby pitch.

Get a nice cote de Boeuf, with oven boiled new potatoes........ oh my gawd!

Last edited:
how to cook French:

Fry some meat in some butter (garlic optional)
Pour in some Cream
Give it a fancy name
Serve with Baguette

:D

I'm a big fan of Asian food. Italian is nice - very simple compared to the french.

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY TALKING OF CITY FOOD come to the south butter is replaced by olive oil excellent for everything health wise, very little cream and still excellent food with no fancy names just French names Cassoulet, Choucroute,Poule au Pot, Ratatouille, Bouillebaisse i could go on, all served with no butter or cream!!!!!!!

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY TALKING OF CITY FOOD come to the south butter is replaced by olive oil excellent for everything health wise, very little cream and still excellent food with no fancy names just French names Cassoulet, Choucroute,Poule au Pot, Ratatouille, Bouillebaisse i could go on, all served with no butter or cream!!!!!!!

:)

it's true about the cities overpriced trash or fast food... that's why M&S is doing so well here.

agree about olive oil, one of my favourite dishes is spaghetti with lardon (done in olive oil in the oven) just all mixed together... no sauce, just plain boiled spaghetti and then oil and lardons added after and mixed all in the one pot.

Sounds ridiculous but it's amazing.

Last edited: