• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions no.10 (right now)

To be serious it's going to be Sexton and another.

If it's a round the corner, defensive type game plan then it's Bigger or Farrell. If its more attack minded then possibly Cipriani or Ford

Can't believe people would pick Halfpenny at 15.
Brown, Kearney, Williams, Hogg - all should be ahead.
Don't pick a guy just cause he's a kicker when the 10s are good enough.

1 vunipola
2 best
3 lee
4 aw jones
5 launchbury
6 o brien
7 Tipuric
8 vunipola

9 Murray
10 sexton
11 north
12 (don't know)
13 Joseph
14 Watson
15 Hogg or brown.

1 vunipola
2 best
3 lee
4 aw jones
5 launchbury
6 o brien
7 Tipuric
8 vunipola

9 Murray
10 sexton
11 north
12 (don't know)
13 Joseph
14 Watson
15 Hogg or brown.

No way would I pick Samson Lee . I'd have Brookes or Cole ahead of him everyday . Also I'd pick Scott Williams at 12 in a heartbeat no questions asked

No way would I pick Samson Lee . I'd have Brookes or Cole ahead of him everyday . Also I'd pick Scott Williams at 12 in a heartbeat no questions asked

I like Williams but he isn't special, I expect someone will come out of nowhere (hopefully) to take it.

I was thinking cole but didn't want to be called bias. Was tempted by auterac to be honest.

I've been surprised at people saying Williams for the Lions, too.
When Jon Davies is back he won't be starting for Wales.

Fair enough

Still cant see Ford even it was was serious
I'm a little more seious if Ford can nail down the England shirt (he's been quite unfaily treated in my book by the current management if he was no 1 he should of dropped before Wales) I don't see why he won't make it in 2 years he's only 22 still learning hid trade. Still big IF to get and keep the England shirt.

Currently Ford isn't a big game player and not a player I trust behind a backwards pack.
Agreed, but that can change the more he experiences it. He's probably played in his pro career something like 4-5 big games as a starter.

Sexton is known quantity so is Biggar and to lesser extent Farrell. In two years they'll be the same players they are now their question will be are the in form? Ford's is more where does he go from here? We say he's not big game player because he hasn't played well in finals he's been involved in but 2 years from now he could conceivably have a 6 nations ***le & premiership ***le. Think he'll get better at the big games over time.

- - - Updated - - -

What about Cipriani?
Cips won't be selected no point in brining him up. I doubt we'll see him in an England shirt again no matter who the management who comes in. Unless there are injuries. It's wrong and grossly unfair n him but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

Agreed, but that can change the more he experiences it. He's probably played in his pro career something like 4-5 big games as a starter.

Sexton is known quantity so is Biggar and to lesser extent Farrell. In two years they'll be the same players they are now their question will be are the in form? Ford's is more where does he go from here? We say he's not big game player because he hasn't played well in finals he's been involved in but 2 years from now he could conceivably have a 6 nations ***le & premiership ***le. Think he'll get better at the big games over time.

- - - Updated - - -

Cips won't be selected no point in brining him up. I doubt we'll see him in an England shirt again no matter who the management who comes in. Unless there are injuries. It's wrong and grossly unfair n him but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

That's irrelevant if the lion's coach wants him he will be picked makes no odds that SL doesn't pick him for England

Also Farrell is a known quantity because he has already been a lion unlike Bigger

Last edited:
I thought this was about 10's right now?
Yeah but that's a stupid question Lions tour is two years from now and just an excuse to coon about Biggar. Better to talk about where the current crop maybe in 2 years.

Yeah but that's a stupid question Lions tour is two years from now and just an excuse to coon about Biggar. Better to talk about where the current crop maybe in 2 years.

Most questions on this forum are an excuse to big up or tear down a player TBH.

It's 2017 it's midway through a cycle. Always

I've been surprised at people saying Williams for the Lions, too.
When Jon Davies is back he won't be starting for Wales.

As an Englishman you should understand that just because the head coach doesn't play a player doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a spot . Scott Williams is Wales' best centre imo

Seems on the balance of opinion that sexton will start with Farrell on the bench , I couldn't argue with that , there be no need for halpenny as these 10s all kick , brown is better than Williams so he will be fullback.

- - - Updated - - -

As an Englishman you should understand that just because the head coach doesn't play a player doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a spot . Scott Williams is Wales' best centre imo

Yes he is

- - - Updated - - -

It's 2017 it's midway through a cycle. Always

Gutted.:(

Latest posts