• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Joe Schmidt Circlejerk Thread

I dunno NZ might be quite fickle if they screw up in the QF of possibly Ire/Fra, it's not like they haven't done that in RWC before.

I seriously doubt that Hansen would go if they bow out at the QF stage, the only time that that occurred in the past, they retained the whole coaching team until after the next cup. I believe the plan is to retain Hansen and ease the successor in (at least I hope that's the plan). I'd like to see whoever that is, involved in the coaching set up, before Hansen departs, but none of the existing assistants inspire me with confidence.

I seriously doubt that Hansen would go if they bow out at the QF stage, the only time that that occurred in the past, they retained the whole coaching team until after the next cup. I believe the plan is to retain Hansen and ease the successor in (at least I hope that's the plan). I'd like to see whoever that is, involved in the coaching set up, before Hansen departs, but none of the existing assistants inspire me with confidence.

Except Wayne Smith is coming back this year ;).

But yes, an AB team coached by Ian Foster would probably make me lose my ****.

I've no doubt he's respected in NZ but i doubt they'd take him directly from the Ireland job. Super Rugby job leading to the NZ job perhaps.

As much as i respect Schmidts achievements with Ireland things could get stale if he's there for too long. Mark McCall or Stuart Lancaster taking the reigns in 2020 wouldn't be a disaster.

Kathy Bates got her chebs out in "About Schmidt" so that will forever be a black mark against his legacy.

I would love for Lancaster to take over from Schmidt please.
Let's face it without Sexton Schmidt is nothing. NOTHING dammit.

Latest posts