Joe Schmidt Circlejerk Thread

Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Ireland are no better than Wales, France or England in terms of talent. Two ***le is a row speak more of a head coach who has done nothing but won in his entire career. Please god he never gets the All Blacks gig.

Also, woooooooooooo!!!

A gameplan is only as good as the players' ability to execute it. Certain of the key Irish players need to take a larger share of the credit.

Feic, I literally spent all day riding my friend's couch whenever Italy, Ireland or France scored. Said couch looks like a cinnabon now, I'll join in tomorrow.

I would pedantically demur at saying Ireland have no more talent than England, France or Wales - I think they have a critical 5%, maybe 2-3% superiority - but no doubting he's one hell of a coach. Plus, no small part of Ireland having that nose ahead in terms of talent.

A gameplan is only as good as the players' ability to execute it. Certain of the key Irish players need to take a larger share of the credit.

True, but a good gameplan is always sculpted around the resources at your disposal. I don't think anyone is better at tailoring a gameplan to his team's strength than Joe. I'd love to say we'd won because we're better than the teams around us, but in reality it's because the Leinster branch of the IRFU made a vert good decision about 5 years ago.

True, but a good gameplan is always sculpted around the resources at your disposal. I don't think anyone is better at tailoring a gameplan to his team's strength than Joe. I'd love to say we'd won because we're better than the teams around us, but in reality it's because the Leinster branch of the IRFU made a vert good decision about 5 years ago.

According to an article a couple weeks back, Schmidt called up Isa Nacewa wanting to bring him over to Clermont, then Nacewa then persuaded Schmidt to pursue the Leinster head coach job.

According to an article a couple weeks back, Schmidt called up Isa Nacewa wanting to bring him over to Clermont, then Nacewa then persuaded Schmidt to pursue the Leinster head coach job.

As if Nacewa didn't already demand all of my love.

Ireland are no better than Wales, France or England in terms of talent. Two ***le is a row speak more of a head coach who has done nothing but won in his entire career. Please god he never gets the All Blacks gig.

Also, woooooooooooo!!!

Hmmmn .... When's he off contract :)

... He probably has to coach the B&I Lions first :)

Congrats Ireland on the Six Nations ***le

Hmmmn .... When's he off contract :)

... He probably has to coach the B&I Lions first :)

Congrats Ireland on the Six Nations ***le

Seriously though, if he ever gets the All Blacks gig rugby is pretty much done. There'd be no more competition.

I'm hoping that Schmidt is the type of guy who plays as a non league team in Football Manager because picking a Premier League side is no fun.

We need to get a move on and get another contract signed for Joe before he's snatched by New Zealand. I do think we'll probably have him for another few years yet, he is settled here and his family will play a part, so will the potential management of the Lions tour. Just would be nice to know he won't be leaving us next year.

Rather Schmidt than the gurning Gatland for the AB job when Hansen is finally lifted off the throne by a Hi-Ab crane.

Agree with Feic in saying that if Jow gets the AB's job other nations should give up for a however long it lasts. However you do wonder how a Schmidt team would go with out his player incarnation Sexton on the pitch.

On the note of Isa suggesting Leinster get Joe/Vice versa does he have any other suggestions for us? I'm not sure if i'm going to be able to bare watching Leinster again for the next few months.

Reading reports that the IFRU are in talks about offering Joe an extension of his contract.

The IRFU "let's give him a contract before his biggest challenge as a coach" job. You gotta love it! I can't see it backfiring with Schmidt like it did with the last two but I am completely against the idea.

I'm in two different minds about it really. I feel like it needs to be done before the World Cup, because it's very likely he'll be wanted in NZ afterwards. Then again, doing it before may change his mindset. He may feel at ease knowing he's under no pressure really. Hmmm.

Lads whether he's contracted or not the IRFU won't stand in Schmidts way if he wants job. He's delivered for us and look it's the jobs he's always, understandably, wanted. For what it's worth I don't think he will leave us for any other jobs so there's no panic as well Schmidt will stay if All Blacks don't call.

Hansen's contract is up in 2017, so we're safe til then hopefully

I dunno NZ might be quite fickle if they screw up in the QF of possibly Ire/Fra, it's not like they haven't done that in RWC before.

Latest posts