• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jaminet released and suspended from French squad after racist remarks

Organisations pay out all the time lmao

settlements are usually a lot cheaper than lawyer fees.
Falou got well under half of what he was asking for, if he and his star studded legal team was also 100% sure they would've kept going hence their rejection of the first offer

It's literally what 99% of firms tend to do with legal matters, even if they are 99% sure of winning it's still usually cheaper to pay out a settlement. Happens in all levels of business

Last edited:
Because organisations always give money to fired ex employees out of the goodness of their heart just before a class action lawsuit hahahahaha

ARU were advised that their case wasnt going to win in court, and that thos loss would set a nation wide precedent for speech, especially regarding religious beliefs.

The consequence ultimately were on the ARU, Folau won his salary back AND earnt elsewhere at the same time.
He got just over 25% of what he sued for after crowd funding AUD 2 million for legal fees (as an aside, what a scumbag exploiting fans for something he could afford already). The ARU saw a long and drawn out case with loads of negative media attention and paid out relatively small.

A quick look at Australian discrimination laws and employment laws shows he hadn't a prayer (oi oi) of winning a case.

Organisations pay out all the time lmao

settlements are usually a lot cheaper than lawyer fees.
Falou got well under half of what he was asking for, if he and his star studded legal team was also 100% sure they would've kept going hence their rejection of the first offer

It's literally what 99% of firms tend to do with legal matters, even if they are 99% sure of winning it's still usually cheaper to pay out a settlement. Happens in all levels of business
this^^^

as much as we dont like it, companies would often rather get someone out the door as quickly as possible than pay the same amount to a lawyer but have the person hanging around poisoning the culture

Noone has said this is acceptable, I have never said there are context in which this becomes acceptable.

this you?

Have you ever said anything in your life people would seem unacceptable, I know I have, and every person I have ever met has also...

Doesnt mean you are a specific thing. There are lots of contexts in which abhorrent language would be deemed excusable

Banned for 26 weeks by the FFR. Just about enough time to extract a grant of probate in Ireland.

Banned for 26 weeks by the FFR. Just about enough time to extract a grant of probate in Ireland.
I'm genuinely surprised at that length - fair ***** to the FFR.

Genuinely hope he sees the error of his ways, works on himself and comes back a better bloke with a fantastic career.

Latest posts