• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Izzy Folau

Wouldnt it be better if we just developed a level of affinity with the NRC teams rather than trying to crowbar in the clubs? Obviously it will take time but you have to start somewhere.

When you have 100 years of history with club rugby it's hard to get fans to connect with a new club in a new format. I've never been invited to an NRC game. I've got friends who play in the NRC and they never talk about it. It just seems like forcing a new club on people isn't the way to go, but I get what you mean, it worked in NZ and SA why not here.

So I see the Mediation between RA and Folau will continue on Wednesday, to hopefully prevent a court case from happening.

What bothers me though was what Castle said outside the mediation:

Earlier in the day, Rugby Australia chief Raelene Castle said she was keen for a "sensible" settlement.

"Israel admitted he's caused harm with his comments and stated he would not curb his social media use and would post whatever he likes whenever he feels the need to share his view," she told reporters outside the courtroom.

"But we come here today with a genuine desire to find a settlement that is sensible and reasonable so that we can return all of our focus and resources to growing the game of rugby."

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/rug...end-mediation-over-anti-gay-comments-20191202

Now the part that bothers me the most is "Sensible Settlement". To me this means that they are willing to make concessions and perhaps even pay Folau a decent amount of money.

Why didn't she use the word "agreement"??

So I see the Mediation between RA and Folau will continue on Wednesday, to hopefully prevent a court case from happening.

What bothers me though was what Castle said outside the mediation:

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/rug...end-mediation-over-anti-gay-comments-20191202

Now the part that bothers me the most is "Sensible Settlement". To me this means that they are willing to make concessions and perhaps even pay Folau a decent amount of money.

Why didn't she use the word "agreement"??
Only a mong would risk 14 million + legal fees if they can get away with paying a couple.

I doubt they can afford more than a couple anyway. Plus, Folau is a proper knobber and i doubt he'll accept anything less than what 'god' demands (14 million).

Only a mong would risk 14 million + legal fees if they can get away with paying a couple.

I doubt they can afford more than a couple anyway. Plus, Folau is a proper knobber and i doubt he'll accept anything less than what 'god' demands (14 million).
Looks like theyve settled for a confidential amount.

Looks like theyve settled for a confidential amount.

He looked incredibly happy with himself as he left the court. A safe bet is he got half of what he demanded.
A common tactic in cases like this is to ask for double of what you want, that way if it gets to a trial and the judge decides what's reasonable you usually get around the ballpark of what you wanted originally.

In the US this got ridiculous and that's why you see lawsuits for $500,000,000.00 because some slipped on a grape at Woolworths and the outcome is like $125,000.00 if they're lucky.

I'm happy its over and we don't have to hear more about the ball hog.

happy at the thought i never have to hear about him again, disappointed its confidential

I'm happy its over and we don't have to hear more about the ball hog.

I don't think it's the last of him, and he will continue to post on social media.

Happy that it was resolved, guess both parties got what they wanted out of the agreement. And I guess a non-disclosure agreement was part of the deal. Nothing is preventing him from still playing rugby league or union for that matter.

I don't think it's the last of him, and he will continue to post on social media.

Happy that it was resolved, guess both parties got what they wanted out of the agreement. And I guess a non-disclosure agreement was part of the deal. Nothing is preventing him from still playing rugby league or union for that matter.
Except all the teams hes asked have told him to get stuffed i suppose...

Cant see him in England, France or Aus ever again.

Except all the teams hes asked have told him to get stuffed i suppose...

Cant see him in England, France or Aus ever again.

Well he could go back to the Pacific Islands, Maybe play 7's, or go to an emerging market such as the USA or Canada.

All I'm saying is that he still has options available to him.

Well he could go back to the Pacific Islands, Maybe play 7's, or go to an emerging market such as the USA or Canada.

All I'm saying is that he still has options available to him.
He was poised to play league for Tonga for a bit but it got scuppered. But yeah, in theory he could play sport again.

Bit annoyed he's walked away with anything but reality is RA and many other groups didn't want this anywhere near a court. Far safer to pay him off and not have courts make a decision in similar cases potentially allowing work place bigotry and people to tarnish your brand.

Proves it was only about the money in Falou's eyes if he wanted to prove freedom of speech in this manner was a complete right full of zero consequences he'd have never settled.

Bit annoyed he's walked away with anything but reality is RA and many other groups didn't want this anywhere near a court. Far safer to pay him off and not have courts make a decision in similar cases potentially allowing work place bigotry and people to tarnish your brand.
Couldn't add much more hopefully any future employer thinks once ,twice and the forgets it.

Proves it was only about the money in Falou's eyes if he wanted to prove freedom of speech in this manner was a complete right full of zero consequences he'd have never settled.

Claims he has been vindicated and thanks god for his help.

Not unusual, he's wrong and always will remain wrong. Sadly out of court settlements are common and actually important for people who are victims of wrongful termination.

TBF in the joint statement the excerpt here

What did the two sides say?
In a statement from both parties, the 30-year-old full-back said he had not intended to harm or offend people when he uploaded the post.

"Mr Folau wants all Australians to know that he does not condone discrimination of any kind against any person on the grounds of their sexuality," the statement read.

RA said it did not "in any way" agree with the content of the post, adding inclusivity was "core" to the sport.
I don't think RA are claiming this a victory for Falou and they still think he's a massive tosspot.

TBF in the joint statement the excerpt here

I don't think RA are claiming this a victory for Falou and they still think he's a massive tosspot.

He is a massive tosspot.

I just think they wanted to get this over and done with as soon as possible. A court case would have dragged on and on, and the possibility is always there that they might have lost. Plus the negative publicity associated with a court case, and the possible zealots protesting outside the court building is just unnecessary for them.

Cut their losses and move on.

Izzy was proved right, he should NOT have bn sacked. All he did as you know was interpret what God wants, and IMO God does not want us to have same gender sex, or for gay ppl to be able to adopt. YES to freedom of speech. Iesu/Isa/Iesus/Jehsws said, do NOT associate with non Christians.

Latest posts