• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Izzy Folau

i started questioning his sanity...too many knocks to the head?...when he claimed god spoke to him telling him he was doing the right thing

Hey, that was good enough for Tony Blair and George Bush Jnr before bombing Iraq. Maybe the Christian god does speak, and just offers catastrophic advice. :D

An English footballer called Glen Hoddle came out with similar bull about disabled people deserving it because they had sinned in a past life and he continues to be a TV football pundit in England. So this could be good for Izzy's media profile in the times we live in.

Hey, that was good enough for Tony Blair and George Bush Jnr before bombing Iraq. Maybe the Christian god does speak, and just offers catastrophic advice. :D

An English footballer called Glen Hoddle came out with similar bull about disabled people deserving it because they had sinned in a past life and he continues to be a TV football pundit in England. So this could be good for Izzy's media profile in the times we live in.
most differentiate between god speaking to them metaphorically " I knew god was speaking to me through this opportunity or cause"...and the actually the words of god...that is normally reserved for prophets and mad men

There's only one God. I've never heard God speak. Saddam Hussain needed to be overthrown, think of all those Kurdish women.

There's only one God. I've never heard God speak. Saddam Hussain needed to be overthrown, think of all those Kurdish women.

Pray tell, who is the one true deity reigning supreme in south Wales and how do you know the others are false idols?

The Kurdish women? Do you mean the ones being killed in the past weeks by Turkish forces in Syria after being sold down the river by Trump following the fallout of the spread of Daesh caused by the overthrow of Saddam?

OR

the ones killed in Iraq by Daesh during the power vacuum shortly after the overthrow of Saddam?

OR

the ones killed by Saddam a couple of decades before he was overthrow, and cited 15 years later as feeble pretence for military action against him following collective prayer session with the wise and omnipresent military advisor?

Sorry to go for full 'shock and awe' or 'bunker bomb' on a new poster. Probably serves me right for bringing up religion on the internet. Because that always ends well. :D

How do you know there is only one god?
To be fair, I think we can all agree that we don't believe in ~28,000,000 of the various gods - so we're not that far apart really; it's just that some disbelieve in 28,000,000, some disbelieve in 28,000,001 and some disbelieve in 27,999,692.

However, this may not be the thread for such a discussion.

Last edited:
To be fair, I think we can all agree that we don't believe in ~28,000,000 of the various gods - so we're not that far apart really; it's just that some disbelieve in 28,000,000, some disbelieve in 28,000,001 and some disbelieve in 27,999,692.

However, this may not be the thread for such a discussion.

Agreed. I don't think we need to get blasphemous now. 56 pages on this thread and it has been mostly civil amongst member of all faith/religions as well as the atheists.

Those who believe in only one God, can believe that, while others who don't, won't. There is no need to get personal on this issue.

Agreed. I don't think we need to get blasphemous now. 56 pages on this thread and it has been mostly civil amongst member of all faith/religions as well as the atheists.

Those who believe in only one God, can believe that, while others who don't, won't. There is no need to get personal on this issue.

It was a simple question: he stated there was only one God, I asked him how he knew.

It was a simple question: he stated there was only one God, I asked him how he knew.
For me it comes down to cause. Some 'thing' causes another 'thing'. Logically (to me at least) you can't have infinite causes. At some point there has to be an 'uncaused cause'. That to me is God.

I also believe that 'original cause' to be intentional. Why is a whole thread on its own.

Suffice to say I am happy enough that my beliefs and experiences correlate close enough with the Judeo-Christian faith.

I do however feel that many (vast majority) of Christians and non-Christians take the Bible and either misquote or take it out of context or see the written word as the be all and end all. Folau is the type that to me grossly misrepresents the faith and God and it is horrible that he is such a high profile 'Christian' and is actively working against what he is professing to be for IMO.

EDIT: That said I don't want to bash Folau but his words should be put under scrutiny. No one ever said Christians were perfect. In fact Jesus said he came for the sick and not the healthy.

I've always like the theory that this universe was created by a trainee God and we're just one of his failed practice attempts, which would certainly explain a lot.

Isn't that just a reference to the fact the three religions that are most in conflict (Christianity/Islam/Judaism) are all Abrahamic and so the singular god the all worship is the same one...which also makes all the conflict even more stupid because they are arguing over the twists "Man" has put on "gods will"

No no no, it's that android thing where dislikes happen automatically, apologies. Which post is it?
...so you're saying Android supports Folau? ;)

Folau has increased his claim to 14 million Aud and has claimed he lost the opportunity to captain the Wallabies at the world cup.

If this lunatic sinks Aussie rugby for good i will be bitterly dissapointed.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/israel...nsation-claim-against-rugby-australia-2019112

I didn't realise he was also claiming for the lose of overseas contracts...as if his firing stopped someone else hiring him and not what he has said, i'd love to know if he has a club on record saying thats why they havent hired him

he seems to be getting less and less support, at the start there were people coming out in the press with the "i dont agree with him but believe he should be able to say it"...you dont seem them much anymore

I can't seem to open the link. But I've read what other media outlets have been reporting, which is perhaps a bit of a summary of what the main article is about. I just wanted to actually read the part about overseas contracts. Is he now saying that RA deliberately prevented him from joining an overseas team? If not, then it's a very outrageous statement to make. My guess is that the overseas teams are in consensus with RA and that they don't really want a person like Folau in their squad, which to me makes a lot more sense, he's a poison and will affect that team as well.