• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Izzy Folau

wow cant believe RA did the right thing so quick.
also surprised how strongly the NRL has come out condemning him and saying he cant come to league.
nice izzy. freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequence.
Jesus loves the gays too
Loig have a massive image problem. Im not surprised at all.

end of story right there. Maria is an amazing sportswoman but she must surely have the same beliefs. How else would she end up associated with izzy and Destiny...
i dont love her anymore

Unfortunately this kind of viewpoint is much more widespread than people think, especially in religious groups. Folau speaks out where others stay quiet.

Much as I disagree with his views of the world I don't like the idea of banning sportsmen for the personal beliefs they have.

Freedom of speech does not insulate you from the consequences of what you say. He's allowed to have any beliefs he likes, he just isn't allowed to express them if they conflict with the law or his employer's standard. Any employee of mine coming out with crap like that will be shown the door immediately.

This would have been unlikely to happen, but what if Qantas, the major sponsor of Wallaby Rugby (who just happen to have an openly gay man as their CEO) were to say

"he goes or we go"

I know they have ditched him, but the ARU had decided to stand by their man, would they still have done so under those circumstances?

Last edited:
ugh Destiny. what a blight on our isles. shouldve known izzy was a fkhed when this photo was taken. cant believe maria let herself be in this photo
View attachment 7146

oh, he's Destiny Church... explains a lot. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

For those non-Kiwis here who might never have heard of this crowd, let me tell you a few things about Destiny Church that you probably won't find in their brochures....

1. Members must sign an oath of loyalty and obedience to their leader, Brian Tamaki.

2. There is a protocol for interacting with Tamaki - you must always be respectful, you must stop talking when he speaks, you must never disagree with him in front of others and you must stand when he and his wife enter a room and you can only sit when they sit.

3. Tamaki once thought Destiny Church would rule New Zealand

4. Tamaki blames gays, murderers and sinners for the Christchurch Earthquakes of 2010 and 2011

5. Destiny Church is patriarchal, women are considered weak.

6. Destiny Church raises members to be ready for war. Tamaki has repeatedly stated that it wants power. His blackshirts marched on Parliament in 2004 against civil unions. It claimed the government was "evil" with a "radical homosexual agenda".

Tamaki is a power-hungry, manipulative scumbag.
Destiny Church is a Cult, not a church, and its a fraud.
Their "blackshirts" are morons.

Last edited:
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Agree but I wouldn't have been so nice about it.
Religious nazis with tamaki a reincarnation of hitler. If there ever was an anti christ it'd be brianTamaki
Can't believe my Maria is associated with them.

Man if Folau is subject to the influence of a cult that actually kind of changes things...

Yeah, it's more or less totally disregarded with the exception of extreme fundamentalists if I'm not mistaken, it's useful to point out the hypocrisy of anyone using the negative messages found in the rest of the book at the same time.
Even the most extreme fundamentalists like to pick a chose which parts of Leviticus they want to pay attention to. They of course also ignore Jesus basically tore up most of the old testament and promoted a very different way of thinking.

Intriguing though "I'm not perfect I'm at least everything on that list at least at one point in my life."

FUUUUUUUUU

He's not going to be injured for RWC and is going to get suspended instead isn't he?

Seriously do these guys not have agents to stop them doing this.

I mean it was misguided but well meaning then he had to add this bit "Man was made for woman to pro create that was the goal no?".
Re-reading the post, that one sentence just seems so out of place. It's like he had a semi-coherent argument that, while I wouldn't have agreed with I also wouldn't have condemned him for, and then he decided to sprinkle in a sentence of homophobia right in the middle just to spice it up.

Re-reading the post, that one sentence just seems so out of place. It's like he had a semi-coherent argument that, while I wouldn't have agreed with I also wouldn't have condemned him for, and then he decided to sprinkle in a sentence of homophobia right in the middle just to spice it up.
It has a hint misogyny as well, whilst I'm certain was not his intent it does suggest the "women are just incubators for small people" line.

I know I broke it up but whats really weird is the sentence after that was the other one I quoted. It was like he wrote something someone edited it to be palatable but he wouldn't let get of that one comment.

It has a hint misogyny as well, whilst I'm certain was not his intent it does suggest the "women are just incubators for small people" line.

I know I broke it up but whats really weird is the sentence after that was the other one I quoted. It was like he wrote something someone edited it to be palatable but he wouldn't let get of that one comment.
I think he was quite wary in the misogyny regard in that he specifically worded it so that men were made for women, not women for men, despite that in the Bible it was the other way around but yeah it does still have that connotation.

Latest posts