• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Izzy Folau

I think from reading Cruz' posts he's more arguing that Folau shouldn't be banned from playing rugby, which I agree with if he can find anyone willing to accept him, whether it be in Australia or worldwide. He's said a few times he thinks it's fair that his employer dismissed him.
I read it the same as you.

However, it should be made clear that he has not been banned from playing rugby. A private body (ARU/Waratahs) have revoked his contract with them. He can play rugby elsewhere outside the jurisdiction of the ARU. Be that playing rugby overseas, playing another variant or indeed playing socially at home. All that he has had happen is his existing contract with ARU and the Waratahs has been revoked. There is nothing that has said he won't be able to reapply to be a member of the ARU.

To be clear, if I posted what he did on social media, I have no doubt I'd be up for disciplinary at my work, and my membership of my professional body would be up for debate, especially if it was a repeated offence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47894279

Looks like Izzy isn't the only one getting sacked over offensive tweets. But at least in these two cases they were historic tweets. Izzy getting sacked for his second offence; well either he's just plain dumb or really did not want to play in the RWC and wanted an immediate way out of his ARU contract.

wow cant believe RA did the right thing so quick.
also surprised how strongly the NRL has come out condemning him and saying he cant come to league.
nice izzy. freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequence.
Jesus loves the gays too

wow cant believe RA did the right thing so quick.
also surprised how strongly the NRL has come out condemning him and saying he cant come to league.
nice izzy. freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequence.
Jesus loves the gays too

Reminds me of a message on a place mat I once saw in a pub "Jesus loves you (in this case Izzy) but everyone else thinks you're a prick."

hes likely just spouting what his church has conditioned him to believe over years of indoctrination.
Its a shame because he is such a great player. But he has to go. I'd hope that if a NZ player came out with the same religious bullcrap that the NZRU would do the same.
Seems like the NRL wont want him either they have even more problems with their public image.
I cant believe NZ's golden girl married this idiot... I guess we cant consider her the golden girl anymore last I saw she had only backed him up.

hes likely just spouting what his church has conditioned him to believe over years of indoctrination....I cant believe NZ's golden girl married this idiot... I guess we cant consider her the golden girl anymore last I saw she had only backed him up.

larksea i was raised a christian in a samoan community, similar to izzy and i never had this attitude. if i had i'd be condemning all my gay cousins that in our culture are called fafafine's. i love my cousins and theyre the same people they were when we were growing up as kids.
yeah poor mariaTutaia. she is such an awesome role model for girls and the pacific island community. i wonder what she'll do? hopefully come back to NZ when izzy scores a contract overseas.

Remember in 2014 when Izzy was on the front page of gay mans magazine and supportive of the Bingham Cup?

How times have changed; he must have found Jesus after this...

larksea i was raised a christian in a samoan community, similar to izzy and i never had this attitude. if i had i'd be condemning all my gay cousins that in our culture are called fafafine's. i love my cousins and theyre the same people they were when we were growing up as kids.
yeah poor mariaTutaia. she is such an awesome role model for girls and the pacific island community. i wonder what she'll do? hopefully come back to NZ when izzy scores a contract overseas.

yeah I think the PI culture with fafafine's is great. I am of course speculating but we all know not all churches are the same. They can interpret the bible how ever they want to promote particular ideas over others. There are many churches that are still anti gay and either cast out gays or have conversion programs. In NZ we have destiny church, from their history Izzy would fit right in there...

Its pretty obvious that the underlying tone of Israels beliefs is a religious one. You can be fairly certain that whatever church he's going to isn't likely to be very open minded when it comes to gay rights.

Remember in 2014 when Izzy was on the front page of gay mans magazine and supportive of the Bingham Cup?

How times have changed; he must have found Jesus after this...

wow, seriously?

ezLvoR8.jpg

Leviticus 19:28 "You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord."

Go to hell!
ugh Leviticus probably the most hateful chapter in the bible

ugh Leviticus probably the most hateful chapter in the bible
Yeah, it's more or less totally disregarded with the exception of extreme fundamentalists if I'm not mistaken, it's useful to point out the hypocrisy of anyone using the negative messages found in the rest of the book at the same time.

You can't fire someone in the UK based on their religion either.

The reality is the two things aren't mutually compatible. But he wasn't fired for his religion he was fired publicly for marginlising people.
They arent firing him because he's christian, though. That would be illegal.

They have a social media policy basically saying what their values are and requiring Izzy, as an employee and face of the game, to not publicly contradict those values.

You don't really even need to analyse what Izzy has said to know that he's in trouble. I think it does raise interesting questions about where the private sphere and public sphere meet, and what is and isn't considered private communication though.

Obviously Izzy is able to say whatever the **** he wants in private. Is twitter a private communication? I doubt it, but in my opinion (legal perspective) that's his best defence.

yeah I think the PI culture with fafafine's is great. I am of course speculating but we all know not all churches are the same. They can interpret the bible how ever they want to promote particular ideas over others. There are many churches that are still anti gay and either cast out gays or have conversion programs. In NZ we have destiny church, from their history Izzy would fit right in there...

Its pretty obvious that the underlying tone of Israels beliefs is a religious one. You can be fairly certain that whatever church he's going to isn't likely to be very open minded when it comes to gay rights.
ugh Destiny. what a blight on our isles. shouldve known izzy was a fkhed when this photo was taken. cant believe maria let herself be in this photo
upload_2019-4-12_11-37-3.png

Latest posts