• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ITM CUP - Round 3

I wonder how many different teams we can break dry Shield spells for this year...

EDIT: And/or give teams their first ever Shield holding! Counties have never had it before, and they get the first challenge in a week!

Last edited:
I will say one thing. How good has Ihaia West been for Hawkes Bay these last three week?!

His running game has been easily the best in the ITM Cup (maybe Sopoaga coming close), his passing and kicking have been great and he's been very clinical from the tee.

I only bring it up so when he gets ignored by the Hurricanes and signs with someone else (probably the Rebels...) my pain is well established. But I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Tusi Pisi...

I will say one thing. How good has Ihaia West been for Hawkes Bay these last three week?!

His running game has been easily the best in the ITM Cup (maybe Sopoaga coming close), his passing and kicking have been great and he's been very clinical from the tee.

I only bring it up so when he gets ignored by the Hurricanes and signs with someone else (probably the Rebels...) my pain is well established. But I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Tusi Pisi...

I havent seen enough of his all round game yet, although I did make a positive comment on him after rnd 1. His running game is exceptional - maybe expected due to his 7s background. I'm yet to be convinced he has the all round skills required for a Super Rugby spot (not saying he doesnt, I just havent seen enough of him yet).
Great to see a young fullah coming through so strong though, and what a run to score the try which eventually proved to be a match winner!

Re Tusi Pisi - yes I hope that is the last we have seen of him. I like him and he is a quality player for Samoa but he is not the player we need off the bench for the Canes!

Ben Franks can **** off back to Canterbury.. if you don't know your team is winning in a match with as much importance and intensity as a Ranfurly Shield match you need to be kicked in the groin lol...
That just tops off for me what I thought was a very very poor performance from an All Black. His first carry resulted in a turnover. His tackling technique was lucky not to be penalised numerous times for not using the arms and the try that let Otago back into the match near the end was pretty much gift wrapped to them by Franks.. He was within arms reach of the tryscorer and made no attempt at all to stop him. He had the touch line, could have made contact with the shoulder and attempted to drive him out or atleast make a tackle but no he decided I just wont even try and let him score.
Also I feel like his scrummagging wasn't as dominant as everyone was expecting.. Yes it was solid, I will definitely give him that, but it wasn't like, "**** Franks is going to cause problems for Otago"

Just caught the Shield match - what a nail-biter! Great game! Congrats to HB!

das

Latest posts