• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland Squad

Do I dare look at online comments elsewhere or not...

Last edited:
Big issue is how do you manage Sexton in groups. Does he need to be involved in all 4 pool games or do we hope he just comes back vs SA and goes straight in.

Like if you are realistic to make final then it is 7 games in 8 weeks. Sexton can't go that length. Not many can but also will be interesting to see how squad is managed

Do I there look at online comments elsewhere or not...
South African Twitter and that Fissler guy are fun to read.

Big issue is how do you manage Sexton in groups. Does he need to be involved in all 4 pool games or do we hope he just comes back vs SA and goes straight in.

Like if you are realistic to make final then it is 7 games in 8 weeks. Sexton can't go that length. Not many can but also will be interesting to see how squad is managed
Straight in for SA, he's done it countless times.

Calling a ref a ******* disgrace is foul play and warrants a short suspension.

Making a 20 minute long video and posting it on a burner is unhinged behavior and should get you involuntarily committed.

7.5k to avoid playing in that jersey for 3 extra games

Bargain
Leinster pay it too and he doesn't have to wear the horrible new castore jersey. Double win.

This is also a reduction on the EPCR ban for the Pau coach for verbally abusing a ref and physically touching him. Any comparisons to Rassie (and there are ******* loads) are unhinged.

Rugby Twitter and reddit is full of soy boys, I'm enjoying it on this one.

Absolutely don't. It's Hartley comparisons abound and 'games gone' types seething.
There's also a lot of "think of the children" type comments. Don't know if it's the assistant refs' children made up by SA media, the Welsh starting XV when all of their players over the age of 15 retire or just children in general but it's funny.

3 games so can close the book now.

@Whore of Shame I agree Sexton has done it plenty of times before but it just the fact he coming back off an injury and effectively a huge layoff (in terms of games) it hard to judge. I think maybe play him the 1st pool game too even if it 40mins

Personally I'm surprised they've been so lenient, but it'll be a better tournament for his involvement.

From reading the transcripts I think it's a fair ban. Most people's issue seems to be that he's only missing warm-up games, if he'd been banned for 3 world cup games I doubt people would care. These are technically full test matches which is being blatantly ignored.

To be honest, if it was anyone but Sexton no one would care I don't think. He's box office.

Sidestepping legal consequences is a proud part of our South Dublin heritage. Anyone who doesn't understand that is bigoted.

Edit: worrying amount of people who pay for Twitter very upset about the three weeks lol

Last edited:
With Hartley Lancaster could still have picked him for the World Cup but chose not to because of the whole mightier than thou attitude he thought all England players should follow IIRC.

3 games so can close the book now.

@Whore of Shame I agree Sexton has done it plenty of times before but it just the fact he coming back off an injury and effectively a huge layoff (in terms of games) it hard to judge. I think maybe play him the 1st pool game too even if it 40mins
Tbh how much was Sexton going to play in the warmups anyway? Like a half of rugby, maybe two? I don't think we can afford to not start him. The Tongans will definitely try to rattle him, but what's new there?

It might be a blessing in disguise if it means Crowley in particular gets significant gametime, and gives Byrne a chance to redeem his reputation after a horrendous end to the season. The harsh reality is that there is no way Sexton will be injury free for all our big games, regardless of whether or not he was suspension free for the warm up games, so we need to see if Crowley can live up to expectations, and if Byrne can grow some balls.

Latest posts