• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland RWC 11 Thread

Has anyone here actually played flanker? they only difference between 6 and 7 is 7 has to cover a bit more ground on a defensive scrum, and to hit the 10, O'Brien will do fine at 7 and so would Ferris,

im a flanker :D

however its not really as simple as that its nearly a mental style type thing

sob has never played the same in a 7 shirt as a 6 mabey due to the roles kidney gives to each flanker or what we realy on are open side and blindside do

iv never seen ferris play at openside though

Has anyone here actually played flanker? they only difference between 6 and 7 is 7 has to cover a bit more ground on a defensive scrum, and to hit the 10, O'Brien will do fine at 7 and so would Ferris,
Obviously you don't play flanker :)

There is alot of differences and well some of their roles at breakdowns is alot different.

poster.jpg

Bahahahah

I don't think you have :/

Well i have played flanker for 3 years now, (moving to No.8 this season) and IMO its a very easy position to be versatile in, easy to switch between open and blind side

Well i have played flanker for 3 years now, (moving to No.8 this season) and IMO its a very easy position to be versatile in, easy to switch between open and blind side

What grade do you play in.. The difference between 6 and 7 is colossal. Kaino at 7? christ no.

Either you at very early part of underage or standard is terrible because even at J1 level and as stated in a huge way at professional level you don't get versatility because the roles are that different, Sean O'Brien can play 7 but is ok there yet he a world class 6. There is differences and well I presume you are at a lower level and dare I say without being bad it a bad sign if you been moved so much and not left in one spot. Are you a jack of all trades and a master of none.

they only difference between 6 and 7 is 7 has to cover a bit more ground on a defensive scrum, and to hit the 10, O'Brien will do fine at 7 and so would Ferris,
You are dead right. And you know, the difference between 4 and 6 is even less. You have to pack down at the scrum and do invisible **** at four, while if youre at 6, you dont really have to do much once you are versatile and "put in a shift".

I'm with you on this my friend. These idiots are being two restrictive. Versatility thats what the wolrd of rugby needs, good old fashioned versatility. Look at Leamy! He may be shite, but by christ he can be shite in lots of different positions. He even played 7 against England and by his standards was pretty shite. Consistency and Versatility. Vital.

Personally if I was a coach, I'd put the outhalf right into the second row of a scrum. That way the scrumhalf wouldnt need to pass the ball at all, the outhalf could just pick it up and kick it from the middle of the scrum. It would be awesomely fast ball and you could play another winger (score lots of tries), or a number 8 if your English, instead of the scrumhalf who would no longer be needed.

Btw Jennings was told he wouldn't be involved at the W.C. before the France game so that probably effected his performance.

If so then that speaks a lot of his character, and you have to question whether he deserves his spot

That's one way to look at it and I'm believer that you give your best every time you walk on to pitch. However look at it from his point of veiw he's spent over a year trying to get on the plane then told all the work was for nothing but we'd like you to do some more work. Have you ever been in that position? It's not nice.

Latest posts