• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Investec Champions Cup 23/24 - Rd 4

I'd be inclined to agree with that if we hadn't had 30 minutes of commentary saying there's no such thing as an accident and any knee to head contact is a straight red regardless
I didn't have the benefit of commentary or repeated replays but from screen and could hear communication of ref it was clear Frisch got legs up and away. It was caused by weather too like he didn't go to do man. I equally should say the yellow was blatant yellow. No mpre though. That rule is clear for criteria. For the red I can promise noone expected a red in the stadium. My comment was what ref said per Saints medical team when I spoke to them. That it was a duty of care which warranted the red. Noone for 1 second thought it was an intent knee to face

I didn't have the benefit of commentary or repeated replays but from screen and could hear communication of ref it was clear Frisch got legs up and away. It was caused by weather too like he didn't go to do man. I equally should say the yellow was blatant yellow. No mpre though. That rule is clear for criteria. For the red I can promise noone expected a red in the stadium. My comment was what ref said per Saints medical team when I spoke to them. That it was a duty of care which warranted the red. Noone for 1 second thought it was an intent knee to face
The only commentary I had wouldn't have helped here, as it was something which could negatively impacted Munster it wasn't discussed.

The only commentary I had wouldn't have helped here, as it was something which could negatively impacted Munster it wasn't discussed.
Not much more could have negatively impacted Munster more. When POM nearly knocked Gav out of having kids the momentum changed and we never were getting it back.
But it was looked at and if replays are looked at it can be seen Frisch getting lets up and to side. So again not sure what issue was. At worst it would have been a yellow if he did go for him I feel unless he effectively kicked him.in head which didn't happen either

This result is setting up a Bordeaux v Sarries match.

Haven't figured out the 2nd v 3rd ties but a good chance half the games will be repeat fixtures. Desperate stuff.

Rotimi Segun has been very impressive.

Itoje been good too.
Yeah Itoje's really finding his form, which is even more impressive considering how stuttering Saracens have been this season

I know I've been championing him for ages but I think Isiekwe was quietly efficient at tight head lock - if we've pencilled in George Martin in the 23 then I think Isiekwe is the closest thing we have to a replacement now that he's injured

Theo Dan MOTM....Segum is a canny player.

Isiekwe is a big fella...could he start at 6..or Roots?

Seems very strong and bloody quick. I haven't heard much of him though, has he had few games or just not been performing like this?
He's been around for Sarries for ages now, mostly as a bit part player. Had an injury that kept him out for most of this season so far but he's had a few games on the bounce looking impressive now. Even looked good against Bordeaux off the bench last week.

Latest posts