• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Investec Champions Cup 23/24 - Rd 1

Bamber and Hill look too similar, I can't tell them apart - bring back Hills absolutely gopping mullet

Sale look like they can move this Stade side around- they just aren't accurate at the moment in finishing.

The Stade plan has been very limited but for the one phase 1 try- do we expect to see them edge the physical battle as the game wears on - espec with Sale already having to use two off the bench?

Sale definitely winning the 9-10 battle but haven't put it on the scoreboard yet.

Our accuracy in the 22 is terrible, it's been an issue for ages - very frustrating that we've been up to their line so many times and they score from their first proper attack

Manu's head has taken a clattering today
So many upright tackles, so frustrating the refereeing differences from league to league

Our accuracy in the 22 is terrible, it's been an issue for ages - very frustrating that we've been up to their line so many times and they score from their first proper attack
It's almost as if you've caught Mad Borthwick Disease; kicking it away, badly, in the 22.

It's almost as if you've caught Mad Borthwick Disease; kicking it away, badly, in the 22.
Yeah it's so frustrating - definitely think it's coming from the coaches, there's no way Raffi box kicks on the 22 under his own volition

I reckon RdP will start at 10 next week, our attack looked very different to this early in the season so will be interesting to see how he plays

Cannot believe that Asher is only 19
Two more years of age grade rugby ahead of him and he's winning scrum penalties against internationals in the champions cup

I'm not sure the suggestion that Sale are almost deliberately failing to score in the first 60 minutes to soften up the French holds much merit; surely 'scoring lots of points at any time' is still a valid tactic..?

Opoku-Fordjour has looked at home. Again.

I'm not sure the suggestion that Sale are almost deliberately failing to score in the first 60 minutes to soften up the French holds much merit; surely 'scoring lots of points at any time' is still a valid tactic..?
Too controversial to say that changing our 10s at 60min has made a difference?

Too controversial to say that changing our 10s at 60min has made a difference?
I did wonder if taking Ford off when there was a game to manage was a good move, but the lad Curtis has looked nice and solid and Quirke has looked like Old Raffi.

Funnily enough, going quickly through phases makes holes in defences. It'll never catch on...

Dugdale well deserved MOTM,
Really brought the physicality with both Du Preez twins absent

Always had a soft spot for him after he was released during COVID and worked his way back in as a injury cover, then earned another full-time contract

Dugdale well deserved MOTM,
Really brought the physicality with both Du Preez twins absent

Always had a soft spot for him after he was released during COVID and worked his way back in as a injury cover, then earned another full-time contract

I like Dugdale a lot.

One of those players I wouldn't say is international quality but at club level he's works very hard and shines.

Kinda reminds me of Miles Reid at Bath

England have a lot of promising TH's coming through.
I feel that by the next RWC we should have a top quilting crop that will be hitting there prime by 2031

Latest posts