• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How confident are you about your country in the World Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, because it's been the Welsh *****ing and moaning about the fact you can't play your games at Cardiff. You might need reminding that England are the host nation, not Wales. Also funny seeing the amount of butthurt some of the Kiwis are showing over saint McCaw being even slightly criticised.

England played all three of their group games at Twickenham in 1999 when the World Cup was hosted by Wales. You Utter moron.

Another post which exemplifies why this forum has gone to potty. It's nothing about where you from, it is just a coincidence that most of the English posters on here are complete bell ends.

Last edited:
England played all three of their group games at Twickenham in 1999 when the World Cup was hosted by Wales. You Utter moron.

Another post which exemplifies why this forum has gone to potty. It's nothing about where you from, it is just a coincidence that most of the English posters on here are complete bell ends.
Wasn't that because Wales doesn't have the stadia to host a full international class tournament? We're using a lot of football stadiums as most of the rugger ones aren't up to snuff.

1999 wasn't a solo bid though this is.

Wales were principal bidders but all 5 nations teams were involved in the bid and hosting on the basis they'd play games at home, in the same way 2007 was France principal hosts but wales and Scotland also hosted games.

2015 is a solo bid, we're just using Mill Stadium o increase ticket availability, and one of the conditions of England getting the World Cup and being able to use Mill Stadium is that Wales wold not play their pool games at home.

and one of the conditions of England getting the World Cup and being able to use Mill Stadium is that Wales wold not play their pool games at home.
But they are playing two games there Fiji and Uruguay. It's only Aus and Eng they are not...obviously Eng aren't going to give up home territory as that's madness. The Aus decision has always baffled me though....

But they are playing two games there Fiji and Uruguay. It's only Aus and Eng they are not...obviously Eng aren't going to give up home territory as that's madness. The Aus decision has always baffled me though....

sorry, your absolutely right, i meant to say "THAT Pool GAME".

It makes perfect sense to me, it's to maximise tickets sales, if they were playing in Gloucester or somewhere they'd not be able to sell as many - but they won't fill Twickenham whereas Wales vs Aus will, so on the two "smaller" gmes they will ply them where they are abel to generate the most revenue.

The fundmental point is wales is not a host nations they get no say in where their games are played and should get no home advantage (certainly not in the big pool games), England in 1999 were a host nation so got a say.

Last edited:
Your confusing highlights with sarcastic trolling of other rugby playing nations.

To be clear, for the record, I'm not in favour of any of those things. Although trolling turns out to be a lot more fun than considered, thought out answers respectfully disagreeing with someone else's point. I'm starting to see why people do it, to be honest.

I actually went out of my way to include an offence against every major rugby-playing nation, but I couldn't think of one for Italy. They keep changing sides just in time.

Wales was not the sole host in 1999, all the British nations, France and Ireland were in the 1999 bid. 2015 is a sole bid by England "you utter moron." It took 5 seconds to find that, try and do a teeny bit of research so you don't look like a complete idiot in future mkay?

Trying not to laugh....

Wales was not the sole host in 1999, all the British nations, France and Ireland were in the 1999 bid. 2015 is a sole bid by England "you utter moron." It took 5 seconds to find that, try and do a teeny bit of research so you don't look like a complete idiot in future mkay?

Trying not to laugh....

The fundmental point is wales is not a host nations they get no say in where their games are played and should get no home advantage (certainly not in the big pool games), England in 1999 were a host nation so got a say.

Read this you arrogant idiots (excluding one of you) - http://www.millenniumstadium.com/news/1086.php#.VV4fNPlViko

When Wales was chosen as the host nation for the 1999 world cup by the IRB, they split the games between the home nations and France. This was down on the understanding that when any of those countries assumed the Host Nation status in the future they would give games to Wales (second paragraph).

Don't like my source? Provide a better one to back your misguided and patronising assertions :)

Last edited:
Read this you arrogant idiots (excluding one of you) - http://www.millenniumstadium.com/news/1086.php#.VV4fNPlViko

When Wales was chosen as the host nation for the 1999 world cup by the IRB, they split the games between the home nations and France. This was down on the understanding that when any of those countries assumed the Host Nation status in the future they would give games to Wales (second paragraph).

Don't like my source? Provide a better one to back your misguided and patronising assertions :)
Fair enough but how long did you spend looking this up? Seriously it's not even a quote on article 5 years after the event. I think it's a little unfair to call people idiots when just about every readily available source say it was co hosted and memories of 16 years ago.

It merely says give games to Wales, not ALL the games to Wales, so surely the host has the choice of which games to give?

Tell me, where are Wales playing Uraguay and Fiji? That is "Giving games to Wales" is it not? You also have the following at the Millennium stadium:

Australia vs Fiji
New Zealand vs Georgia
France vs Ireland
1/4 final
1/2 final

Yet still some Welsh like yourself are *****ing about who plays when at the Millennium. You are NOT hosts and are already getting plenty of games there, including 2 involving Wales.

Now are you going to shut up or do you want to keep digging? You are wrong, accept it while you still have a modicum of dignity left.

It merely says give games to Wales, not ALL the games to Wales, so surely the host has the choice of which games to give?

I'm not disputing this. I am disputing the people in this thread repeatedly going on about how Wales are not host nations and so should not have any games at home. I am responding to the idiots on here who seem to think their words are gospel and that they are fool proof, but actually know very little about what they are talking about. Look through the thread, you should see what i mean.

LOL @Ragerrancher Read my posts, you'll find that i did not suggest whatever point you're trying to make in the first place :) Stop putting words into mine and others mouths. I have not once complained about the scheduling or where games should be played, i don't really care I think we'll beat England on their own soil anyway. All i see is a load of you gob****s going on and on about the 'moaning Welsh' without providing any evidence or fact. Your last post definitely confirms to me that you are either 14, or just really dense.

Anyway, calm down, you've been made to look a mug as usual. Get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough but how long did you spend looking this up? Seriously it's not even a quote on article 5 years after the event. I think it's a little unfair to call people idiots when just about every readily available source say it was co hosted and memories of 16 years ago.

Knew it anyway, just took 2 mins to find a source so the Anglo police like yourself wouldn't sit there refuting me without any reasonable argument.

Last edited:
Where did anyone say that Wales should not get any games? Your putting words in people's mouths now?

Where did anyone say that Wales should not get any games? Your putting words in people's mouths now?

Well just on this page GN10 said it...Others have too, but i'm not going back through to quote a load of posts just to prove you're clutching at straws to try and get one over on me (what has been going on with all of you Anglo police for before and especially since the 6N to everyone who dares question the crown and it's patrons), it's already been done with that example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts