• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"Heineken Cup" discussion thread

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 11 2005, 08:22 PM
And you've been to loads of Rorters and Bulldogs games, haven't you Ripper?

Never been on LU, I have no intention of doing so far. I only watch union if South Africa, the All Blacks and the Wallabies are playing, it's the only time I find union entertaining.
More then you...

Been to 3 Rooster Games and 2 Bulldog Games when I lived in Melbourne, as well as one of each at Ericsonn. And do some research to what the Bulldog Fans did after a game in 2004 when they lost...

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Oct 11 2005, 12:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 11 2005, 12:29 PM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Oct 11 2005, 11:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Oct 10 2005, 04:33 PM
Come to a St Helens vs. Wigan game and you'll see what passion is.

Exactly.
Go to any local derby and there will be passion regardless of the sport; Wigan V Saints, Saints v Leicester, Man Utd v Liverpool etc.

A derby match is not the way to gauge the passion of a bog standard match. [/b]
All I've heard from a Northampton match is a half-hearted 'Oh when the Saints'. You should hear it when Saints visit Wigan and they think they've got a chance of winning.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Oct 12 2005, 11:57 AM
You should hear it when Saints visit Wigan and they think they've got a chance of winning.
What do you mean "chance?"

We CANED you a few weeks back!

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Oct 12 2005, 11:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Oct 12 2005, 11:57 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Oct 11 2005, 12:29 PM

Exactly.

Go to any local derby and there will be passion regardless of the sport; Wigan V Saints, Saints v Leicester, Man Utd v Liverpool etc.

A derby match is not the way to gauge the passion of a bog standard match.
All I've heard from a Northampton match is a half-hearted 'Oh when the Saints'. You should hear it when Saints visit Wigan and they think they've got a chance of winning. [/b]
Shows how much, or little, you know.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Oct 12 2005, 12:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Oct 12 2005, 12:59 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-wigan_rlfc
@Oct 12 2005, 11:57 AM
You should hear it when Saints visit Wigan and they think they've got a chance of winning.
What do you mean "chance?"

We CANED you a few weeks back! [/b]
Once in about 5 years.

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Oct 12 2005, 01:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 12 2005, 01:02 PM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Oct 12 2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Oct 11 2005, 12:29 PM

Exactly.

A derby match is not the way to gauge the passion of a bog standard match.

All I've heard from a Northampton match is a half-hearted 'Oh when the Saints'. You should hear it when Saints visit Wigan and they think they've got a chance of winning.
Shows how much, or little, you know. [/b]
See if you can get a copy of the Good Friday game from this year. Then compare it to a Leicester vs Northampton match.

I'll tell you what, go to Franklins Gardens on April 15th next year. Oh, wait, you won't be able to, as it will already be a sellout.
<

I don't care how much you say it, Rugby League is a collapsing in on itself while the gate for Union is getting bigger and bigger each year; How many towns have a Rugby League side that has a bigger attendence than the local football team? Not many.

---------

Saying that, Rugby League at least doesn't have the f***ing RFU spannering everything up.
<

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Oct 12 2005, 01:18 PM
I'll tell you what, go to Franklins Gardens on April 15th next year. Oh, wait, you won't be able to, as it will already be a sellout.
<

I don't care how much you say it, Rugby League is a collapsing in on itself while the gate for Union is getting bigger and bigger each year; How many towns have a Rugby League side that has a bigger attendence than the local football team? Not many.

---------

Saying that, Rugby League at least doesn't have the f***ing RFU spannering everything up. 
<
Wigan vs St. Helens Good Friday 2005, att. 25,004

There you go.

25,004.... you are proud of 25,004?

NPC and S12 Games in New Zealand get more then that...

How pathetic, Pommyland has what... 60 million people? compared to 4 Million in NZ.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Oct 9 2005, 12:08 AM
Well you can't say the HC is the toughest club competition in the world. Hell, only Toulouse, Stade Francis, Leicester and Wasps would be anywhere near the SH club level.

Out of those 4, Toulouse would be the best side, yet they couldn't hold a candle to teams like ACT or Aukland.

And for once, don't say a Welsh would win it just to argue.
Give this Englishmen a medal...

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Oct 12 2005, 12:18 PM
I don't care how much you say it, Rugby League is a collapsing in on itself
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

Point and laugh at this knobheadish statement. That is dilusional! Rugby league is stronger than ever before in this country, prove that it isn't.

The Comical Ali award for biggest load of rubbish goes to Teh Mite.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Oct 13 2005, 09:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Oct 13 2005, 09:04 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Oct 12 2005, 12:18 PM

I don't care how much you say it, Rugby League is a collapsing in on itself
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

Point and laugh at this knobheadish statement. That is dilusional! Rugby league is stronger than ever before in this country, prove that it isn't.

The Comical Ali award for biggest load of rubbish goes to Teh Mite. [/b]
Well as strong as it has been since the 60's.

Originally posted by harrison2468+Oct 6 2005, 07:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Oct 6 2005, 07:31 AM)</div>
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 07:11 AM
more chance than all the english clubs progressing, ha leeds tykes scarlets stuffed them.
*Rubs hands at seeing Ospreys have to play Leicester, Scarlets vs Wasps and Dragons vs Sale* [/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-Lora

rub ur hands all you want mate, but i can assure you itll be me rubbing my hands after these matches,

Sale stuffed Dragons tonight, away aswell, 5 tries in the important cup competition for English clubs!

This year I am cheering on all English clubs in the HEC, even Leicester.

Which is odd coming from a Saintly guy.

COME ON ENGLAND!!

ospreys beat stade though mate, and they along with
the blues
scralets

all have a realistic shout of advancing to the qf.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 31 2005, 12:21 AM
ospreys beat stade though mate, and they along with
the blues
scralets

all have a realistic shout of advancing to the qf.
Scarlets have no chance in a group containing Toulouse. Blues are bad. Osprey's got thrashed by Clement, and shouldn't expect to take too much from the rest of their games.

yes but people also said that stade would thump the ospreys and they didnt.

and the blues do have a realistic shout of gaining one of the two best runner up spots, as the groups are so low scoring this year.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 31 2005, 08:42 PM
yes but people also said that stade would thump the ospreys and they didnt.
Toulouse are a cut above, especially in Europe. If Wasps can't beat them, there is no way the Scarlets will.

what have me saying the ospreys have a chance of qualifying got anything to do with tolouse

Latest posts