• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Habana or Rokokoko

habana was the best in 07 and he did win IRB player of the year which i don't think roko has done, however roko is still an awesome player. i love watching him play, more so than habana, he makes everything look so good. even his trademark dive is cool lol.

goodluck to both players for 08! i'm excited about what is going to come about it.

yes we're only talking about 07, so prolly, 03, 04 was when joe was the best? lol not having a stab, just that most people are talking about the recent events, fair enough because Habana has been awesome! gotta back the nz'ers lol

Joe never got the kind of attention Habana is getting. When Joe was at his prime he still wasnt talked about as the best in the world. Habana is the most marked player on Earth, and for good reason.

Its no contest, and everyone knows it.

Joe never got the kind of attention Habana is getting. When Joe was at his prime he still wasnt talked about as the best in the world. Habana is the most marked player on Earth, and for good reason.

[/b]

Habana is only talked about these days 'cos of his World Cup "heroics". SA does more talking than anyone else when it comes to him. He has also just won the player of the year the same year of the RWC, so go figure.

There is a contest, Joe has been out of form for a while but has still maintained a try scoring rate as Habana. Wingers are there to score tries, form or no form, Joe can score them.

I'd easily pick an in form Joe than an in form Habana. All round Joe has a better game, where Habana has a pace edge only.

Habana used to be able to do just one thing: run (very fast), in a straight line. No defensive game, no sidestepping. Looked more like an American football player, down to the gear. And how many of his tries came from interceptions?
He has definitely improved this last couple of years. Still, for my money, Rokocoko is the more complete winger.

Go onto youtube and search for the greatest individual try, and see whos name comes up.

Tell me rockopoontang has ever scored anything half as good as that.

Well Rockoko has only scored 1 try in the last 2 seasons for the Blues, kind of incredible considering his strike rate for the All Blacks. Maybe he just doesnt have anymore to offer, afterall back in 03 it was easier to break the line.

Well Rockoko has only scored 1 try in the last 2 seasons for the Blues, kind of incredible considering his strike rate for the All Blacks. Maybe he just doesnt have anymore to offer, afterall back in 03 it was easier to break the line.
[/b]

Remember though Schalk, Rokocoko didn't play a game last season when he returned from conditioning. That Nucifora monkey thought it was a good idea to leave him out.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Habana is only talked about these days 'cos of his World Cup "heroics". SA does more talking than anyone else when it comes to him. He has also just won the player of the year the same year of the RWC, so go figure.

There is a contest, Joe has been out of form for a while but has still maintained a try scoring rate as Habana. Wingers are there to score tries, form or no form, Joe can score them.

I'd easily pick an in form Joe than an in form Habana. All round Joe has a better game, where Habana has a pace edge only.
[/b][/quote]
And what about the S14? There was alot of hype around him before the WC

Go onto youtube and search for the greatest individual try, and see whos name comes up.

Tell me rockopoontang has ever scored anything half as good as that. [/b]
youtube! are you serious?! Most video's on youtube (including the one you are probably talking about) are posted up by "individuals", so this "GREATEST INDIVIDUAL TRY" is only one individuals opinion, how about i go post a Rokocoko try on there and label it as "GREATEST INDIVIDUAL TRY EVER!" will that mean he's the best?

and habana is not the most marked player in the world, get over that comment mate, i'd say Richie McKaw is targeted more than habana and so is probably Dan Carter. Stop licking brians ass. Yes he's a good player but stop putting him on a pedestal, he's had one or two great seasons, whoopdeedoo!

I think Habana edges this, merely because it just seems that when the chips are down, yadda, yadda, yadda, Habana just comes out of nowhere and without needing any help whatsoever scores.

Just ask Steve, his team got owned by a last minute Habana special. I don't think Rokokokokokoko would have seen the gap that Habana saw in order to make the Super 14 winning try.

Also, Steve, every time I watch clips of S14 action with the Sharks, John Smit always seemed to be on the sidelines looking worried? Was that a regular thing with the Sharks?

And how many "great" seasons has Rokocoko had? How many is ever enough?!
[/b]

2003, 2005 and the latter half of 2006. He scored 3 hat tricks in his debut season, all against SA, AUS and ENG. He is also the record holder for most tries in a calender season, which I might add, he accomplished on his debut season. What has Brian done compared to that? Face it, Bryan is having a good patch right now, but in no way has he done what Joe has done (apart from winning a WC).

I think Habana edges this, merely because it just seems that when the chips are down, yadda, yadda, yadda, Habana just comes out of nowhere and without needing any help whatsoever scores.

Just ask Steve, his team got owned by a last minute Habana special. I don't think Rokokokokokoko would have seen the gap that Habana saw in order to make the Super 14 winning try.

Also, Steve, every time I watch clips of S14 action with the Sharks, John Smit always seemed to be on the sidelines looking worried? Was that a regular thing with the Sharks?
[/b]

Prestwick, Matt Dunning could have spotted that gap a mile away, stopped for a super sized Big Mac combo en-route to the line and still scored with ample room for an apple pie.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Prestwick, Matt Dunning could have spotted that gap a mile away, stopped for a super sized Big Mac combo en-route to the line and still scored with ample room for an apple pie. [/b][/quote] nah habana deserves credit for that try, some players would've seen that gap but only he and maybe one or two others would've had the pace, acceleration and agility to score it.

Tell me rockopoontang has ever scored anything half as good as that. [/b]

Actually it say's "Great" Individual Try... and I don't really see how that help's your point - if I went to Wikipedia and edited Habana's page to say that he is a fat nancy who likes to wear womens underwear could I use that in this arguement?

Ah, but calling him a fat nancy would not be true. But the fact that that "could" be the greatest individual try ever is a very good possibility.

Like i said, a guy like Tonderai Chavhanga ate Rokokoko for breakfast. He humiliated him in every way. Ran circles around him and managed to score 4 tries in that game, all by whooping Joe. This was the Blues vs Stormers game in 2004.

Bryan Habana just has that flair that no one else has. He is more exciting to watch and he would whoop Joe in a foot race.

Joe is a very good player, make no mistake, but mark my words, this thread is going to overflow the day the Blues take on the Bulls this season, when we will see who shows up who. . . .

Ah, but calling him a fat nancy would not be true. But the fact that that "could" be the greatest individual try ever is a very good possibility.

Like i said, a guy like Tonderai Chavhanga ate Rokokoko for breakfast. He humiliated him in every way. Ran circles around him and managed to score 4 tries in that game, all by whooping Joe. This was the Blues vs Stormers game in 2004.

Bryan Habana just has that flair that no one else has. He is more exciting to watch and he would whoop Joe in a foot race.

Joe is a very good player, make no mistake, but mark my words, this thread is going to overflow the day the Blues take on the Bulls this season, when we will see who shows up who. . . .
[/b]

OK, no your just talking pure *****. Chavanga didn't eat Joe for breakfast, he scored 4 tries, whoop de-f***ing doo. Joe has scored a hat trick against the Boks with Habana as his marker, so I could just use that as an argument also. Habana hasn't got close to what Joe has in terms of try scoring against big teams.

WOW! He scored 4 against Samoa! Joe has hat tricks against the top 3 national teams, so he eats Habana for breakfast, using your argument.

Tadzeke Ngwenya SMOKED Habana, ran circles round him and broke Bryan's ankles as he scored, so does that mean he's better? Your talking bullshit now.

Fine. Arrogant New Zealanders.

Lets have a poll with neutral supporters, then we can see who they vote for. Who non springbok and non all blacks vote for.