• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Great game stories, Tries , defeats,

Zwicker and Donnison aren't in my WL squad. I chose Ulster n my replacements were all Ulster players. Most of whom had crapper stats than the crap fictional guys. go figure. I take it this is the same for every1on WL

I like the way there is a lot of movement in the transfer window between the other teams - a lot of big name trades as well as , well, no-names.

Has any1 picked up any good out halfs early yet? or a good goal kicker 4 cheap?
Sweeney's the best I've seen so far ... I'm waitin 4 someone better to show their interest.

I take it nobody has got far enough into WL to c how much a star impact player costs? Must b pricey

I played a 5 min RWC campaign on easy and unlocked a aussie training vid after completion.

Not that far yet in world league sorry

Well what a match I had last night

I won div 3 (in 2nd season) with the reds â€" whom now have the likes of M Dawson and Drew Mitchell, J Roe, Croft, Tipoki and Lavea â€" slowly turning into a powerhouse……..but wont buy too many good players coz I am awaiting my waratah contract…….which has taken a step back coz when I got promoted, so did the tahs to Elite division â€" f**CKERS

In my 1st game in 2nd division……playing the Necaslte Falcons…I was hit with something great…the AI was a lot better than 3rd division, and they were trying these crazy phases, that NO human player could do…..like offloading 10 times in approx 3 secs.

Was losing 7-nil with very little ball, and Wilko kicking bombs into my 22, and I had no where to go…kept kicking back and wilko would kick back…was semi forcing backs…this is what wilko will do all match….thats all he can do in real life anyways…and on top of that u have matty burke whom just ripps up ur kicks out of the 22m, and returns them for good yards

7-nil half time

Kay….i had to do something drastic…………kicking wasn’t working

Johnny long bomb wilko (sound like a senegalise midfielder), was at it again, kicking deep….i have drew Mitchell now………….lets give it to DREW……..i countered wilkos kick from my own 5m line and D Mitchell was in space flying down the flanks, tackled at the 50m, rucks formed, maintained ball…..booted in into the falcons 22m and found touch…finally I enter their red-zone.

From the line-out I pinched the ball, maul forms………â€oooooooooo ooooooooooo oooooooooo ooooooooâ€, I was chearing as the maul drives 10m, used the miss-pass set play, and commited to circle the far winger whom is Julies (or something), with pace, and the ai set wrong defense and had nobody in front of me, with FB coming in cover but too late….try time in the corner 7-5.

I have this FB called Frantjis (or something), Drew Mitchell is on my other wong, but this FB can kick a lot better than anyone I have used in Elite………..so I was able to slot the goal from the sidelines………7-7 game tied….wilko now looks for revenge.

Game was tight all the way, no breaks, mainly kicking around for territory, but when injury time hit…the kicking stopped from both sides, as we both wanted a win.

I nail some dude with a head high tackle on the 50m line……I thought it was a good area where they could miss the penalty if they got one, but they didn’t….i get the loose ball, and use my forwards to move up the field, and about 4 playes later, I am on the 35m, and I get hands in the ruck penalty…………….players now vent their frustration and a fracas breaks out, with the AI spitting sour grapes, at the penalty.

I choose to kick, and Frantjis line it up………he kicked like gold on the conversion…can he repeat

Not much wind around so I was confident, but in Elite kicking is something u gotto concentrate on

Lets it loose and it sail between the uprights……….newcaslte crowd a little silent, but u can hear the reds fans drinking warm beer, cheering their nuts off, as the reds come away from a very hard fought victory, with a kick in injury time

Commentary was like “oh what a great specatacle we have seen today, they have won in the finals stagesâ€
Grant Fox “oh yis thus wus a great win, the fans were on the idge of there seats, in what was an epic uncounter, right up until the final buzzer, look at the elaton on the players, they are extatictâ€

TRULY SATISFYING :bravo:
TRULY AMAZING :D
AIR FISTING MOMENT :cheers:

1 from 1 in division 2
but I was winning and getting BP in division 3 regularly, so this was as good as it gets

yea, great story...

1 more day for me!

it shipped today, and will be waiting in the store for me tomorrow..

Originally posted by DC13@Feb 15 2006, 09:54 AM
yea, great story...

1 more day for me!

it shipped today, and will be waiting in the store for me tomorrow..
fooking knew it.

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 15 2006, 09:19 AM
I have this FB called Frantjis (or something), Drew Mitchell is on my other wong, but this FB can kick a lot better than anyone I have used in Elite
I think it is Jantjis did you buy him from the Cats who i thnk were in the same division as you in the beginning. The man is a pretty gifted sportsman in real life and is now very close to the Springbok squad.

He represented SA under 21 at cricket, rugby & football. He has played against Jonny Wilkinson, Michael Owen(football) and one of the famous Pakistan players.

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 15 2006, 09:19 AM
Grant Fox “oh yis thus wus a great win, the fans were on the idge of there seats, in what was an epic uncounter, right up until the final buzzer, look at the elation on the players, they are extatictâ€

:lol2tn: :roflrol: :roflrol: :cheers:

Slightly off topic here as I aint got the game yet but as well as gameplay and all the usual has the stats been improved on this game? E.G Habana has like 87 for speed in '05 as did JR. Has the small things like that been looked at?

Seems promising, still making ym mind up if to buy or not!

Originally posted by TheBokke+Feb 16 2006, 04:56 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Feb 15 2006, 09:19 AM
I have this FB called Frantjis (or something), Drew Mitchell is on my other wong, but this FB can kick a lot better than anyone I have used in Elite
I think it is Jantjis did you buy him from the Cats who i thnk were in the same division as you in the beginning. The man is a pretty gifted sportsman in real life and is now very close to the Springbok squad.

He represented SA under 21 at cricket, rugby & football. He has played against Jonny Wilkinson, Michael Owen(football) and one of the famous Pakistan players. [/b]
yeah dude thats him

he is devasting for my team.........the fookin reds

:bravo: :cheers:

but cox.........cox has the been player of the division each year for me.....too much pace.........i played the blues last night............u can win...but u gotto stay away from rocketman..........oh and the star players reak havoc in WL

bloody montgomery single handedly nearly beat me on his own.......

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 15 2006, 08:51 PM-->
Originally posted by TheBokke@Feb 16 2006, 04:56 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Feb 15 2006, 09:19 AM

He represented SA under 21 at cricket, rugby & football. He has played against Jonny Wilkinson, Michael Owen(football) and one of the famous Pakistan players.
yeah dude thats him

he is devasting for my team.........the fookin reds

:bravo: :cheers:

but cox.........cox has the been player of the division each year for me.....too much pace.........i played the blues last night............u can win...but u gotto stay away from rocketman..........oh and the star players reak havoc in WL

bloody montgomery single handedly nearly beat me on his own....... [/b]
Hey mate - start with Bristol, and you get Cox to start with, along with Perry, Hilton, Kohn etc. to start with, all reasonably good players to start with.

Can somebody do me a favour and have a quick look (if you can pull yourself away from the game for a moment to assist us poor Kiwis......... :cryy: ) at what real Chiefs players you start with if you pick the chiefs as your team in world league mode??

Just had an (almost) re-inactment of the 2003 World cup final, only Cohen and Sailor (don't ask) scored the trys. A Wilkinson drop goal just as the clock ticked to 79 minuetes! :D

The final score was 23-20.

I am sold. I have to get this game now. ak mate awesome story and what I was hoping wl was like.

damn this game is fun.

USA (me) v Canada (cpu)
difficulty: elite
venue: vancouver.
length: 5 min.
cam: sideview

my first match this year was a rematch of my opening match last year in 2005.
same teams, hardest difficulty, and same venue.

if you want a recap of last years fixture, all the junk can be read here: Rugby 2005 First Match Thread (why you would want to - i don't actually know.)

suffice to say, i lost last years encounter 48 - 0.

as everyone has said, rugby06 immediately feels and plays different and it's all for the better. attacking is so much fun. i never much cared for sideview but it's changed with offloads, and that i think the camera has been slightly adjusted. i could be wrong, but the angle is a tad different.

i go up 14 - 0 at halftime on two well worked tries. offloads are glorious.

Canada come back with an unconverted try, then a drop goal soon after to chip away at the score. i put the nail in the coffin with a fine run near the 70 minute mark.

final: USA 19 v Canada 8. felt terrific.

then i go and lose as the Barbarians against South Africa when they score on the 80 minute mark (21 - 14).

then i take Samoa and play against Fiji and I'm down 21 - 0 at halftime. my friend asks if caucau is in the game. like a dick, i kick off to their left wing who proceeds to burn any players i had over there. i turn to him and nod my head.

am loving it.

I was playing SA in the tri nations (me all blacks) and i thought i had the game tied up. It was 19 14 to me, time is nearly up and i hav the ball 5 metres out from there line. Just as the clock turns red the boks steal the ball with hands in the ruck! They start spinning it wide, im still not worried as they are in their own in goal, i try to capitalise on this and go charging forward with dive tackles, miss, miss and miss and what do ya know brian habana is in space, before i know it hes past all cover defence and is just passed 22 with only the fullback to beat, i try not to panick. I decide to let the AI fullback tackle him as i have a tendancy to miss, and i would only get one shot against habana. Well, he stepped the full back clean! I watched in horror as he ran the rest of the field with not a defender in sight and stole the game out from under me. He dotted it down right under the posts, they needed the kick to win, and needless to say montgomery slotted it no problem. pure class, i couldnt believe it. in 2005 you were lucky to see any tries at all let alone a game winning one in stoppage time!!

@ Captain :lol: :bravo: :D

that is a class story mate..............that CAUCAU moment happened to me with ROCKETMAN

Ceejay

Habana is devasting.............thats also a great indication of a good game

i also have trouble tackling with FB, so i would let the AI tackle aswell, and chase him down myself from behind......but cant be done with STAR HABANA

cant wait till my WL team has both CAUCAU and HABANA

i can then go around the house singing

"look at CAUCAU, CAUCAU-HABANA" :p :p

lol. that would be an awesome wing combo. habana seems like defintely one to get in wl

Fantastic stories guys as always loving them as soon as i get the game I will try and give a few myself

Latest posts