RWC 2011 game Rankings.

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Hi, I've been thinking about this for a couple of days and I don't mind if it's closed because there is already an idea to do an official TRF system.
Basically what I've been thinking is to have a ranking system for people who play in the TRF HB RWC 2011 tournaments and I was thinking of using something similar enough to the IRB ranking system just much easier and simple to understand.

What I'm going to do is have everyone who plays start off with 40 points, like the IRB rankings.<br>Each game is worth zero points so the amount of games you play won't affect the rankings too much.
How it works is that each match you are playing for the other teams points so if you win you get 3 of their points and they lose three points.(The number might go down when rankings are spread out)
e.g Player A beats Player B in their very first match so Player A has 43 points and Player B has 37.

The teams you play as also effect the amount of points you get so if somebody as New Zealand beat Namibia they won't get full points.
How I plan to do this is that if you are playing a team 9 points worse than you you're handicapped 1 point and the other team get that point so if you win as NZ(93) you gain only 2 points and if you lose as Argentina(82) you lose only two points, but if Argentina were to win they'd gain 4 points and vice versa.
If you are a team 18 points better than the other team you are handicapped 2 points.
A draw means each team stay the same or lose and gain 1 or 2 points depending on team ratings.

I am planning to do a test run with Teldalati's European test league if they don't mind. (These points will be reset once the TRF league starts)

As I only use PS3 if somebody wanted to volunteer to do the Xbox rankings that would be greatly appreciated but I don't mind too much doing it myself if I have to.

Rankings will either appear in this thread, my signature or both.(Yes I might have to get rid of James :( )

Any feedback and/or other ideas would be great.

Thanks for reading cmac.

i'm liking this fine idea :) but would friendlies count , so for example if i played you outside of the leagues ? ( impossible as i'm on xbox and you are on ps3 )

It wouldn't for the first about 10 games or so, so we can get a bit of space between the top and bottom players but after that if you post in on the thread I'll count frendlies. I'll do a post on when friendlies start counting and maybe some rules such as them being worth less points or a match cap or something.

Like this idea, anybody volunteered to do the Xbox one yet? Depending on free time I might be able to do it, could update it on a certain day every week, which is what I think the IRB do with their real life rankings?

Ah screw it, I'll do the Xbox one, can't be that much hassle! What I was thinking we could do, do a separate thread each for the Xbox and PS3 ranking, get people to post their results, then lets say every Sunday (could be any day though) put all the results in one post followed by the rankings for that week.
Probably could get the results from the threads of each separate league anyway. Guessing you want to kick start it the same time as the proper competitions kick off?

Thanks, I was a bit apprehensive about doing both of them every week and I think we should do it on a particular day but we should probably use the first two or three weeks to see what day all the fixtures have been posts and then use whatever day that is as the day to do the rankings. :D

Thanks, I was a bit apprehensive about doing both of them every week and I think we should do it on a particular day but we should probably use the first two or three weeks to see what day all the fixtures have been posts and then use whatever day that is as the day to do the rankings. :D

Yeah I don't mind having a crack at doing the Xbox ones anyway. Think the plan for the leagues was that people have a week to fulfil fixtures, not sure though. That actually reminds me, what's the plan for non-completed fixtures? If one person hasn't made an effort or something will it be an automatic -3 points and +3 for the other player? Could get a bit dodgy if both seem to have not bothered
EDIT: Meant to ask, you planning on contactic Getofmeland and co to make this a bit more official (stickied threads and stuff)?

Good point, if people don't play their matches the rankings will change in whatever result the league determines it and I'm not sure what to do if neither complete the fixture, we could just have it that neither get any points or maybe a one point penalty I'm not sure. I haven't contacted TRF about it yet because I wanted to get a bit of feedback, I probably will in the coming days and the thread might become a sticky or they might decide that we should do it independently, either way I think it will be a success. :D

Get rid of JO'C you never! Did I slip in to a parallell world?

Just a quick draft of the rankings.

Last edited:

Looks good! Btw, with the 'up - down' columns, what're you planning on putting there? How many places they've risen I'm guessing?

TRF RWC2011 XBOX360 RANKINGS

[TABLE="class: cms_table"]
[TR]
[TD]Pos.[/TD]
[TD]TRF I.D[/TD]
[TD]Gamertag[/TD]
[TD]Games Played[/TD]
[TD]Points[/TD]
[TD]Up[/TD]
[TD]Down[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1.[/TD]
[TD]Conal[/TD]
[TD]conalb[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]46[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2.[/TD]
[TD]nato[/TD]
[TD]nato13e[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]46[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3.[/TD]
[TD]TRF_Olyy[/TD]
[TD]Olyy[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4.[/TD]
[TD]cimbojubi82[/TD]
[TD]jubigala[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]5.[/TD]
[TD]Angry Panda[/TD]
[TD]Angry Panda Z[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]6.[/TD]
[TD]Thingimubob[/TD]
[TD]Thingimubob[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]7.[/TD]
[TD]bendecars[/TD]
[TD]DerpSquadron[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8.[/TD]
[TD]Duckdee[/TD]
[TD]Duckdee[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]9.[/TD]
[TD]Feicarsinn[/TD]
[TD]Feicarsinn[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]10.[/TD]
[TD]Raziel Eire[/TD]
[TD]Ezeqiel[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]11.[/TD]
[TD]matt869[/TD]
[TD]matt869[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]12.[/TD]
[TD]mudannyfc[/TD]
[TD]mudannyfc[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13.[/TD]
[TD]Ayrshire Warrior[/TD]
[TD]??????[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]14.[/TD]
[TD]welshyboymorrio[/TD]
[TD]rodmorrisboy[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]15.[/TD]
[TD]IRFU[/TD]
[TD]thomas9124[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]34[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]16.[/TD]
[TD]TRF_Getofmeland[/TD]
[TD]Getofmeland[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]34[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Sorry about the delay! Just moved into my new uni house and only just set up my new internet connection! Anyway, wasn't sure how to rank people when they had the same number of points. Just went by no. of tries but it's not perfect and probably won't work in the long run. Will just have to figure something else out!

Last edited:
I was thinking about that and I'm not really sure if we can do much until eventually they spread out, anything else will require insane maths something I'm not great at. :D

I was thinking about that and I'm not really sure if we can do much until eventually they spread out, anything else will require insane maths something I'm not great at. :D

Yeah I'm useless at maths too :p hence the fact I'm a language student!
Doesn;t help though that we haven;t managed to get a full list of fixtures yet - as far as I know we've only managed to get 3 sets of players to play their first two games this week?

In terms of players on the same points, would they not all be ranked the same?

So if 2 players were on 42pts each, they would both be ranked 3rd? And anyone below that would start off as 5th ranked and so on (losing the 4th rank as it collapses due to 2 teams being joint 3rd?)

And how about the player who has played more games being ranked higher then other players on the same points, as with playing more games you'll have put more work in to keeping those ranking points then someone who has played fewer games? (not really applicable to the above situation as everyone is tied with 0 games played, but would apply better once everyone has a game played)

Latest posts