• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gouging incident in the T14 this weekend

How long should the ban be?

• Total voters
assisting the pacific nations = poaching....... you're not serious i hope, utter bull****.!!!!!!!!!!!!

assisting the pacific nations = poaching....... you're not serious i hope, utter bull****.!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need to swear...

I used to have the same viewpoint as you do, but that perception has been changed after a lot of posts on this forum from 2011 to now, as well as reading up on the situation.

But keep on truckin' frency! You are losing credibility by the day.

if you got of your very high horse and looked at things a little more realistically!!! but no like so many others that's not possible and you really make my laugh as a mod!!!!!!!!! swearing show me where i swore and do you pull rank on everyone who uses bull**** other terms with stars, or is it just me, ban me again if it so pleases you, i must bow to your almighty powers.
oh bytheway its Frenchy not frency, if i was losing credibility there would be no replies but there are my friend.!!!!!!

if you got of your very high horse and looked at things a little more realistically!!! but no like so many others that's not possible and you really make my laugh as a mod!!!!!!!!! swearing show me where i swore and do you pull rank on everyone who uses bull**** other terms with stars, or is it just me, ban me again if it so pleases you, i must bow to your almighty powers.
oh bytheway its Frenchy not frency, if i was losing credibility there would be no replies but there are my friend.!!!!!!

I stay away from capital letters now, just incase you think I mean something I don't...

Oh dear I'm worried

quote-five-exclamation-marks-the-sure-sign-of-an-insane-mind-terry-pratchett-148271.jpg

And you had 6!

carry on, that's your best shot ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not taking shots mate, I'm totally impartial in this, just enjoying the atmosphere

You are a bare-faced liar!!!

Fact: In the 132 year history of the New Zealand Rugby, there have been a total of 1153 All Blacks. Only 33 of them were born in the the Pacific Islands... 2.8% (and I can name every single one if you like)

Fact: In the whole history of Pacific Island rugby, there have been 153 New Zealand born players play for the three biggest Pacific Island teams (82 for Western/Manu Samoa, 57 for Tonga and 14 for Fiji). In the 2011 and 2015 World Cups alone Samoa had 24 NZ born players (and I can name all of them for you too)

Fact: Pacific Islands rugby has benefited hugely from New Zealand Rugby, far more then we have benefited from them.

Suggestion: Do some research and get some FACTS before you post so that you avoid showing everyone here what a liar you are.

whether its one or 100 poaching is poaching, and 33 is 33 poached, that is the word you are all using!!!!!!! so becareful "FACTS" upper case!!!!! Heineken will ban you.
You may carry on without me, this reminds of a very longtime ago its called playschool what will we have next "My daddy is bigger than your Daddy" pathetic and goodnight to you sir..!!!!!!!!

I find it amusing that of all people, you are accusing others of being juvenile.

Well it's not poaching as so many PI players have benefited from the rugby infastructure and resources in New Zealand, before playing internationally for their home countries. Sure a couple might play for the All Blacks, but the fact is that Samoa, Fiji etc while they produce very gifted athletes, don't have the money or expertise to make the best out of these players, and often New Zealand is their only route to a rugby career. I think the NZ poaching thing is the most trotted out fallacy in rugby at this point.
But I digress. It makes me sad that you've managed to drag this thread onto this national mud flinging route you so desperately wanted, when all it started as was people rightly criticising a very short ban dished out in the Top 14. I have no ill will towards France or French rugby. I admit I am not a fan of a dew teams, but that's just a European rivalry thing, and it's not exclusive to France. Honestly I don't have any interest in the Top 14 as a competition. What I do have an interest in is players across the globe being protected by their governing bodies and an example being made of thugs who put others at risk in a game whose foundations are all about a physical game balanced by constant respect for your opponent. If it happened in England I would say the same thing. If it happened in Ireland I would say the same thing.

Gaston seriously wtf is wrong with you? You are so tetchy and have the most incredible victim complex. As for biting vs gouging, it was a bit on an arm (that had been shoved in front of his mouth anyway) with a mouthguard on. At most it will leave some teeth marks in his arm. The gouge was vicious and he continued going for it even as players tried to drag him off. The consequences could be permanently blinding a player. Add to this the recent controversies regarding gouging and the disparity in the sentences and that is why you have such a long topic. It has NOTHING to do with some anti-French bandwagon apart from the fact that the French don't punish players as harshly as international bodies or English bodies do.

But no, you've dragged this whole thread into an "everyone hates France waa waa" slagging match and accuse everyone else of being immature... You are the most partisan poster here.

Not gonna make a judgement call on this, but will merely state some facts.

Vincent Debaty was born in Belgium
Uini Atonio was born in New Zealand
Thierry Dusautoir was born in Cote d'Ivoire
Bernard le Roux was born in RSA
Yannick Nyanga was born in DRC
Fulgence Ouedraogo was born in Burkina Faso
Rory Kockott was born in RSA
Sofiane Guitoune was born in Algeria
Noa Nakaitaci was born in Fiji
Scott Spedding was born in RSA

All memebers of France's 2015 RWC squad.

One question i just have to ask. Since you said
whether its one or 100 poaching is poaching
and since Atonio was born in NZ, would it be fair to say that france is poaching from NZ?
Anxiously awaiting for your answer.