• Total voters

ratsapprentice

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
<twitterwidget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" data-tweet-id="775042292910620672" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;"></twitterwidget><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Slower replay of the incident. Batlle is scoring a try here. <a href="https://t.co/SI8rKMHREb">pic.twitter.com/SI8rKMHREb</a></p>&mdash; Murray Kinsella (@Murray_Kinsella) <a href="https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/775042292910620672">September 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Probably the worst I've ever seen. Repeated, determined efforts to target the eyes.<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

Last edited:
It was a shocker alright. Give him a year at least.

Man I bet he wishes it was a Rugby Championship game he was in and he was wearing black shirt probably not even a yellow card there.

Okay more seriously, that's pretty aggregious he has absolutely no reason to have his hands anywhere near the head let alone the further actions. If he dodesn't get a extremely substantive ban it'll make a mockery of the entire citing process. Far more than the inconcistency we've seen recently.

That's shocking and there can't be any mitigation. I went for years not permanent, on the assumption that he didn't have much previous.

Earlier in the game there had been a spectacular mass brawl involving players, subs and staff resulting in 3 red cards. I guess the red mist had just descended on everyone, but that's still no excuse for gouging....although no doubt a lawyer will see it differently.

Went for life, he went right in there and was still trying to drive his fingers in as other players got involved. That is assault plain and simple and totally malicious.

he has been cited so will appear before the disiplinary in due time, as for the brawl must admit have not seen one like that for an awful long time.

Voted for life - simply got to stamp this out of our game; and the only way is with OTT punishments.

I thought "the french" had learned after Dupuis and Attoub picked up circa 2 years between them a few years ago ;)

Last edited:
About a year, maybe a bit over. Wouldn't be against longer bans being handed out for this sort of thing but I think that's the consistent answer atm.

Has he any previous? On the assumption that he hasn't I'd go for 24 months, he'd probably lose his contract and struggle to get a new one elsewhere being out of the game for 2years with a bad reputation. Gouging is disgusting and coming from someone who has been gouged twice and very nearly doing it in a fit of rage, the one thing I'm ashamed of doing on a pitch even though I pulled my hand away immediately once I realised I was touching his face, and all three having gone completely and wrongfully unpunished I'm pretty bitter about it. Life though is a bit much for a first offence however disgusting it is, 2years is almost the same thing but gives him a chance to reform and keep his career.

Why would any player in his right mind do this?

Probably should have a ban for a few years but I'd applaud if the scum was banned from the game for life.

Really? This thread seems to be entirely about that single incident.

Well, what are you asking then?

What do you think the appropriate punishment is.

Not - "in the context of previous sanctions, what do you think would be the consistent punishment"