• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gloves

I wear black kooga gloves because it just gives me that extra bit of confidence whilst I'm being thrown about 13 foot in the air by a prop and a number 8!

Originally posted by OhWhenTheSaints@Oct 7 2004, 08:20 PM
I wear black kooga gloves because it just gives me that extra bit of confidence whilst I'm being thrown about 13 foot in the air by a prop and a number 8!
At that height I would have thought you would be more worried about your head than your hands.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Oct 8 2004, 01:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Oct 8 2004, 01:46 AM)</div>
Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@Oct 7 2004, 04:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Oct 6 2004, 11:49 PM
I only got them because they were cheap, I wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

I was trying to be flash because only a couple of people had them at my school, they were worth it though IMO
Well they've kept my hands warm so far this year if nothing else. And an interception pass I took while playing the other day did stick very well. [/b]
I only ever trusted my bare hands. Found that any material coming between the skin and the ball felt too foreign, and was immediately perceived to be an 'enemy.'

Out of curiosity, do any of you walk around with a rugby ball? -- I'm talking about those at school/university? I think it should be mandatory.

I have been known to occasionally hold one and play around with it for no apparent reason.

I've been known to take the metro with a ball in my hands and rugby Canada jersey on my back.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Oct 9 2004, 07:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Oct 9 2004, 07:44 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-OhWhenTheSaints
@Oct 7 2004, 08:20 PM
At that height I would have thought you would be more worried about your head than your hands. [/b]
not really, I know that if they drop me I can kick them on the way down
<

I do take it too school everyday even if its raining strange thing is i took it all of this last week yet didnt use it once
<

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@Oct 10 2004, 02:27 AM
I do take it too school everyday even if its raining strange thing is i took it all of this last week yet didnt use it once
<
We've started carrying round frisbees and throwing them at people.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Oct 11 2004, 03:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Oct 11 2004, 03:40 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan
@Oct 10 2004, 02:27 AM
<
We've started carrying round frisbees and throwing them at people. [/b]
We usually go crazy and start kicking it at each other and any other people we dont like
<

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan+Oct 11 2004, 03:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan @ Oct 11 2004, 03:56 AM)</div>
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 11 2004, 03:40 AM
<

We usually go crazy and start kicking it at each other and any other people we dont like
<
[/b]
We usually go for little kids (well, 14 year olds) as their heads are just the right height.
<
<

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Oct 12 2004, 07:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Oct 12 2004, 07:11 AM)</div>
Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@Oct 11 2004, 03:56 AM
<

<
We usually go for little kids (well, 14 year olds) as their heads are just the right height.
<
<
[/b]
<
we especially enjoy kicking it at the 1st XV they get all hyped up its reallly funny
<

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan+Oct 12 2004, 06:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan @ Oct 12 2004, 06:32 AM)</div>
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 12 2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@Oct 11 2004, 03:56 AM
<

<

<
<
<
we especially enjoy kicking it at the 1st XV they get all hyped up its reallly funny
<
[/b]
I am one of the 1st XV..........nobody touches us
<
<
<

We dont give ours any respect they are all up themselves anyway think they all could play for the Hurricanes
<
hah yeah right

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@Oct 13 2004, 05:16 AM
We dont give ours any respect they are all up themselves anyway think they all could play for the Hurricanes
<
hah yeah right
Some of our team have massive egos, but we do have some very good players, one in particular who plays for England U18s and Saints reserves. We also have quite a few East Midlands players, which is a regional side.

We are only a state school, but we have already beaten Bedford this season who are one of the top rugby schools in the country.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Oct 13 2004, 07:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Oct 13 2004, 07:19 PM)</div>
@Oct 13 2004, 05:16 AM
<
  hah yeah right
Some of our team have massive egos, but we do have some very good players, one in particular who plays for England U18s and Saints reserves. We also have quite a few East Midlands players, which is a regional side.

We are only a state school, but we have already beaten Bedford this season who are one of the top rugby schools in the country. [/b]
We have 4 players in the first XV who have NRL scholarships and two other who were selected for the hurricanes secondary schools team

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Oct 10 2004, 01:12 AM
I've been known to take the metro with a ball in my hands and rugby Canada jersey on my back.
thats pretty much the story of my life
<

So I'm thinking of buying some. Anyone think it isn't a good idea? How much should I be looking to spend? (gloves I mean, not frisbees???)

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Oct 18 2004, 07:51 AM
So I'm thinking of buying some. Anyone think it isn't a good idea? How much should I be looking to spend? (gloves I mean, not frisbees???)
Its up too how flash you wanna look but then again i brought some $45 Canterbury gloves and they fell too pieces after two or three games so i brought some $25 Rugbytech ones and the have lasted me very well.

So right now there's a pair of canterbury gloves for 25$. You saying canterbury isn't worthwhile?

Latest posts