• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Global Rugby Manager

I have been playing around with GRM a bit and decided I want to try something new , for me anyway , normally I would go for a all out attack strategy and rely on my team to score more tries than the opposition although this did work mostly it still was not enough to bring me cup glory , as the stronger teams outscored me instead (very realistic btw so thumbs up) but now I want to try the opposite and be all defence and outmuscle my opposition with force and kicking (testing the GRM systems a bit) what I did so far is for 3 seasons now I have done some heavy defence training on all players so almost my entire starting XV has defence of about 85 and above and players speed is high as well as you cant tackle the player if he outruns you ( my thoughts ) but still I am leaking quite a few tries and with me now kicking a lot more I don't score as much tries (wish the BOKS will start seeing that kicking possession away results in less tries but anyway) any help here ?

I have been playing around with GRM a bit and decided I want to try something new , for me anyway , normally I would go for a all out attack strategy and rely on my team to score more tries than the opposition although this did work mostly it still was not enough to bring me cup glory , as the stronger teams outscored me instead (very realistic btw so thumbs up) but now I want to try the opposite and be all defence and outmuscle my opposition with force and kicking (testing the GRM systems a bit) what I did so far is for 3 seasons now I have done some heavy defence training on all players so almost my entire starting XV has defence of about 85 and above and players speed is high as well as you cant tackle the player if he outruns you ( my thoughts ) but still I am leaking quite a few tries and with me now kicking a lot more I don't score as much tries (wish the BOKS will start seeing that kicking possession away results in less tries but anyway) any help here ?

There are more missed tackles in this game than real life, which
leads to higher scores. This is by design, but something we may
change in the future.

I try to play a conservative and defensive game in my current
game. I find I have the most success kicking a lot out of my own
end but still attacking heavily as I get closer to my opponents tryline.

Lowering ruck numbers also helps to ensure you have a lot of guys
ready on defense.

Your best bet is also to look at the tries you are letting through and
see exactly what happened. That can help to make decisions on what might
or might not need work.

lowering ruck numbers help but then my team hardly has any ball and then we lose a lot of ground but i will have a look at what kind of tries they are scoring

Salute

my expeariance is that to win rucks depends on how many you send in (mostly). The higher the setting the more players directly in the near will be already moving to support as the tackle happens. Knowing this helps set up my defence. In the oppositions 20m I tend to contest the break downs and blitz from the line. If the opposition breaks through my faster guys have time to chase. Midfield I'll secure my own rucks but leave counter rucking for numbers to defend in the hope that the other team makes a mistake.

Again in my own 20m I'll try to counter ruck but the danger is quite high if the other team gets quick ball and goes wide.

For the most part my guys tackle quite well. It's just sometimes the first ball reciever is the one that makes a break through while my defender just stands looking at him.

As for kicking...it used to be like a ping pong match untill I decided only to clear my 20m and perhaps kick for touch when over the halfway line.
My only pet peeve is the opposition players that are standing between two wingers and intercepting the ball.

Latest posts