• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Giving In To The Fact Im Gutted !

this is a joke I got banned from Mario.
I was just posting like everyone else but no he wanted to keep deleting my posts
then I said that why do you keep deleting my posts?
but no won't answer just deleted posts.
then your banned
he is an absolute *****************
what the hell is wrong with him
just with agreeing with davidbrett and knowsly

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
You have been banned for the following reason:
Go find somebody else's time to waste for a week

Date the ban will be lifted: 07-01-2006, 11:00 AM[/b]

i started a thread on how people were getting ignored and banned on the forum. how long did it take for the following message to come up? 2 minutes.

You have been banned for the following reason:
Account created for abuse

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Can someone go onto the Sidhe forums and create a review that is absolutely dripping with sarcasm about how good RL2 is?

Just to see if Mario will delete praise if it is incrediblely over the top?

It would be a laugh to see, and I'm too lazy.

Hey, maybe I could work for them?

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 31 2005, 11:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 31 2005, 11:07 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
@Dec 31 2005, 12:55 AM
I agree.  It seems that he only want to be associated with the "RL2 is good" threads on the RL2 site.

On a side note, I was playing RL2 the other day against a friend of mine who'd never played it before!  We had a 20 minute match on reserve, and the final score was 0-0.... how realistic. 
<
No offence Locks, but I can't figure out how you keep getting such low scoring matches... The worst match I've had was 3-0 in a SOO match on Legend in a 15 min match, but when I play a human opponent there are generally more tries. I played a match against a mate of mine the other day and just beat him 24-16 in a 15 min game, and most of the online games I've played usually end up with scorelines like 18-10 etc and have only 6-6 match when there was massive lag. Anyway, my point being, how do you end up with such low scoring games? Maybe you just haven't gotten very good at attack yet? [/b]
You know what, I honestly couldn't tell you why. It's very rare that I make a clean break never mind score a try!

On reserve & seasoned mode I score tries against the AI, but can't seem to do it against a human opponent. Saying that though, I crossed the line 6 times but was held up everytime - shocking!

I just don't feel in control of my player most of the time and it really p****s me off so I can't get into the game like I'd love to.

Originally posted by locksley+Dec 31 2005, 07:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Dec 31 2005, 07:57 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Dec 31 2005, 11:07 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
I agree.  It seems that he only want to be associated with the "RL2 is good" threads on the RL2 site.

On a side note, I was playing RL2 the other day against a friend of mine who'd never played it before!  We had a 20 minute match on reserve, and the final score was 0-0.... how realistic. 
<

No offence Locks, but I can't figure out how you keep getting such low scoring matches... The worst match I've had was 3-0 in a SOO match on Legend in a 15 min match, but when I play a human opponent there are generally more tries. I played a match against a mate of mine the other day and just beat him 24-16 in a 15 min game, and most of the online games I've played usually end up with scorelines like 18-10 etc and have only 6-6 match when there was massive lag. Anyway, my point being, how do you end up with such low scoring games? Maybe you just haven't gotten very good at attack yet?
You know what, I honestly couldn't tell you why. It's very rare that I make a clean break never mind score a try!

On reserve & seasoned mode I score tries against the AI, but can't seem to do it against a human opponent. Saying that though, I crossed the line 6 times but was held up everytime - shocking!

I just don't feel in control of my player most of the time and it really p****s me off so I can't get into the game like I'd love to. [/b]
Maybe you just need more experimentation with the game? What camera angle are you using? I find that if you use the behind close cam, even though it sacrafices passing vision, you're much closer to the action and are able to time steps, shoulder charges, palms and offloads a lot better, which helps you make breaks and score tries on the harder levels. I'm currently playing a franchise on legend with 15 min games (though I made it 20 for SOO games after the 3-0 matcg), and I've had some pretty high scoring matches. Generally I'm beating the AI without too much trouble and score 4-6 tries a match on average (and I smashed the tigers 42-6), but today I had an absolute cracker of a match against the dogs which ended 28-24. I was up 18-0 in the first 4 mins after the first set of six saw me go the whole length for a try and was followed by a kick off out on the full and then a 40-20 by me, but then the dogs came back and scored 2 tries (1 was a cheeky chip over the top and regather) to make it 18-12 at half time. Early in the second half I knocked on and was under serious threat of an equaliser, but managed a strip and then made it within their 20 and forced a repeat set, from which I scored... they scored 2 more tries and took the lead before I came back with the winner in the last minute! It was a thrilling match!

Anyway, my point is, that if you get used to attack tries do indeed come quite often.

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 31 2005, 11:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 31 2005, 11:07 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley

<
No offence Locks, but I can't figure out how you keep getting such low scoring matches... The worst match I've had was 3-0 in a SOO match on Legend in a 15 min match, but when I play a human opponent there are generally more tries. I played a match against a mate of mine the other day and just beat him 24-16 in a 15 min game, and most of the online games I've played usually end up with scorelines like 18-10 etc and have only 6-6 match when there was massive lag. Anyway, my point being, how do you end up with such low scoring games? Maybe you just haven't gotten very good at attack yet? [/b]
To be fair m8 the fact that you can score tries and lox cant doesnt mean he is the one at fault. RL2 is the fault here. Glad you have stuck with it to master it but im afraid I cant bear to touch it. If I could pick it up and score 40 point against AI on legend wouldnt make it a good game for me. If I couldnt score tries because I was crap but I was enjoying the game I would still be playing it.

I play on RL1 and have been in a real slump and only scoring at best a couple of tries a game on Legend. Im still playing it though and am sure I will be sticking 30 past em sometime soon.

P.S As a side note im still going strong on the RL2 forum ... COME ON !!!!

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Dec 31 2005, 09:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Dec 31 2005, 09:02 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Dec 31 2005, 11:07 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley

<

No offence Locks, but I can't figure out how you keep getting such low scoring matches... The worst match I've had was 3-0 in a SOO match on Legend in a 15 min match, but when I play a human opponent there are generally more tries. I played a match against a mate of mine the other day and just beat him 24-16 in a 15 min game, and most of the online games I've played usually end up with scorelines like 18-10 etc and have only 6-6 match when there was massive lag. Anyway, my point being, how do you end up with such low scoring games? Maybe you just haven't gotten very good at attack yet?
To be fair m8 the fact that you can score tries and lox cant doesnt mean he is the one at fault. RL2 is the fault here. Glad you have stuck with it to master it but im afraid I cant bear to touch it. [/b]
Well in all honesty I didn't really have to "stick at it" or work hard to be able to beat the computer on Legend and score lots of tries... I just adjusted to the game gradually and have figured out different ways of scoring tries along the way. You make it sound like you have to "put yourself through pain and torture" to get good enough to enjoy the game, but I never found that to be the case for me, and I've been enjoying the game the whole way through. I know you've never felt that way, and have in fact seemingly felt betrayed because it's not the game you were waiting for, but I personally feel you're being more than a little harsh in some of your criticism... I know it's not perfect, and if you've been reading the sidhe forum you'll know there's a lot I want done for the next installment too because of things I'm not happy with in this version, but I still do find this a thoroughly enjoyable game and feel it is certainly more than a worthy sequel to the original. So you can't really say that RL2 "is the fault here" simply because you loathe it and it's not what you were expecting, especially when so many other people seem to be relatively happy with the game, if not totally choofed!
<

But I can say its the fault or RL2 m8. In my eyes it is the fault just as much as in your eyes its not. Just because you fall on the right side of the majority doesnt make you right does it ?

Lack of control over the players, ( my main gripe ) is a persistant issue with people on the forums albeit a limited number. Surely that means something isnt right ?

I also dont think im being overly critical. Wingers stood in touch ? How can you possibly defend a Rugby game that has this as a flaw ? Its a major issue and its like having a basketball game where the hoop has been boarded up.

I really am glad you are enjoying it and im not trying to convert you to my opinion, but to say RL2 isnt at fault for a fair amount of gamers being unhappy and not thinking its a worthy sequel is a little off. Features and sliders seem to have blinded some but not others...

I really don't like the game, but Sanzar could very likely be right. Other than the wealth of obvious faults, the game is likely to take some time to master.

It's just that some of us, (only some) don't enjoy the learning process, such is the level of frustration.

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Dec 31 2005, 11:25 PM
I really don't like the game, but Sanzar could very likely be right. Other than the wealth of obvious faults, the game is likely to take some time to master.

It's just that some of us, (only some) don't enjoy the learning process, such is the level of frustration.
I wouldnt say its all frustration, Its just not fun and its like your playing an interactive movie more than a sports game ( simulation or action orientated ).

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Dec 31 2005, 10:23 PM
But I can say its the fault or RL2 m8. In my eyes it is the fault just as much as in your eyes its not. Just because you fall on the right side of the majority doesnt make you right does it ?
I never said it did, I just pointed out that other opinions disagree with your's and therefore you can't really claim it as a faulty game because it didn't hit the mark in your opinion.

Lack of control over the players, ( my main gripe ) is a persistant issue with people on the forums albeit a limited number. Surely that means something isnt right ?[/b]
I actually agree with this and have stated numerous times on their forum that I feel sidhe needs to create a motion engine that is somewhere in between what is in RL2 and what is in WCR (which had the smoothest control, but I felt was unrealistic in it's manouverability).

I also dont think im being overly critical. Wingers stood in touch ? How can you possibly defend a Rugby game that has this as a flaw ? Its a major issue and its like having a basketball game where the hoop has been boarded up.[/b]

That doesn't happen to me very much to be honest, if at all... but maybe thats because I play the game up the middle a fair bit, but it's something they definately need to fix and I'm surprised they missed it.

I really am glad you are enjoying it and im not trying to convert you to my opinion, but to say RL2 isnt at fault for a fair amount of gamers being unhappy and not thinking its a worthy sequel is a little off. Features and sliders seem to have blinded some but not others...[/b]
This is sort of what I mean, statements like "features and sliders may have blinded some" is where I feel you get overzealous... fair enough you hate the game, but referring to those who feel the game meets their expectations or is enjoyable enough for them to like it as "blind" makes you sound a little like you're full of ****... no offence.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Dec 31 2005, 10:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Dec 31 2005, 10:31 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen
@Dec 31 2005, 11:25 PM

I wouldnt say its all frustration, Its just not fun and its like your playing an interactive movie more than a sports game ( simulation or action orientated ). [/b]
Maybe that's why I like it then, I always loved the Metal Gear Solid series
<

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 31 2005, 11:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 31 2005, 11:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Dec 31 2005, 10:23 PM
I never said it did, I just pointed out that other opinions disagree with your's and therefore you can't really claim it as a faulty game because it didn't hit the mark in your opinion.

Lack of control over the players, ( my main gripe ) is a persistant issue with people on the forums albeit a limited number. Surely that means something isnt right ?[/b]
I actually agree with this and have stated numerous times on their forum that I feel sidhe needs to create a motion engine that is somewhere in between what is in RL2 and what is in WCR (which had the smoothest control, but I felt was unrealistic in it's manouverability).

I also dont think im being overly critical. Wingers stood in touch ? How can you possibly defend a Rugby game that has this as a flaw ? Its a major issue and its like having a basketball game where the hoop has been boarded up.[/b]

That doesn't happen to me very much to be honest, if at all... but maybe thats because I play the game up the middle a fair bit, but it's something they definately need to fix and I'm surprised they missed it.

I really am glad you are enjoying it and im not trying to convert you to my opinion, but to say RL2 isnt at fault for a fair amount of gamers being unhappy and not thinking its a worthy sequel is a little off. Features and sliders seem to have blinded some but not others...[/b]
This is sort of what I mean, statements like "features and sliders may have blinded some" is where I feel you get overzealous... fair enough you hate the game, but referring to those who feel the game meets their expectations or is enjoyable enough for them to like it as "blind" makes you sound a little like you're full of ****... no offence. [/b]
Yeah I take your last comment on board fair play.

Although I still stand by that comment in that I feel the lack of control is an undeniable fault. I take that as fact. I do also think the amount of customisation of the game with the sliders have allowed some to get past the control aspect.

Thats what I meant although it did sound a little shitty the way I put it before. Apologies.

Sanzar is a rugby league fanatic, but he is a pretty fair guy opinion wise.

I think he understands people hating the game, but he just wants it known that he doesn't, and lets not try and pool opinions together into one bundle.

I think it's crap myself, but I'd defend Sanzars point of view to the bitter end that he has the right to give it 10/10 if he wanted.

Each to their own......

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jan 1 2006, 03:53 AM
Sanzar is a rugby league fanatic, but he is a pretty fair guy opinion wise.

I think he understands people hating the game, but he just wants it known that he doesn't, and lets not try and pool opinions together into one bundle.

I think it's crap myself, but I'd defend Sanzars point of view to the bitter end that he has the right to give it 10/10 if he wanted.

Each to their own......
Yeah I agree with that. Didnt mean it to sound I thought otherwise.

Having said that I kind of get the feeling that a lot of the people who like it are always kinda saying to those that dont, that maybe they didnt play it for long enough or that they are just not good enough a gamer to appreciate it.

In MY OPINION I think its a whole lot simpler than that... I just think its **** !
<

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 1 2006, 04:02 AM
In MY OPINION I think its a whole lot simpler than that... I just think its **** !
<
Fair enough I guess... You can't change the way you feel about something.
I feel that way about every Gridiron game ever made, but my mate still pushed me into giving Madden 2005 a fair go... needless to say I told him I thought was so bad that I'd smear my genitals with fish paste and dangle them over a pool of rabid prana before playing it again... the topic hasn't been raised since.

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 2 2006, 02:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 2 2006, 02:09 AM)</div>
@Jan 1 2006, 04:02 AM

<
I feel that way about every Gridiron game ever made, but my mate still pushed me into giving Madden 2005 a fair go... needless to say I told him I thought was so bad that I'd smear my genitals with fish paste and dangle them over a pool of rabid prana before playing it again... the topic hasn't been raised since. [/b]
And yet you would do that plus eat broken glass that has been dipped in oil and set on fire to have SIDHE make a League game of the same quality.

Originally posted by Ripper+Jan 2 2006, 07:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jan 2 2006, 07:38 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 2 2006, 02:09 AM

<

I feel that way about every Gridiron game ever made, but my mate still pushed me into giving Madden 2005 a fair go... needless to say I told him I thought was so bad that I'd smear my genitals with fish paste and dangle them over a pool of rabid prana before playing it again... the topic hasn't been raised since.
And yet you would do that plus eat broken glass that has been dipped in oil and set on fire to have SIDHE make a League game of the same quality. [/b]
Well if he wont I'll do it
<

Originally posted by Ripper+Jan 2 2006, 06:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jan 2 2006, 06:38 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 2 2006, 02:09 AM

<

And yet you would do that plus eat broken glass that has been dipped in oil and set on fire to have SIDHE make a League game of the same quality. [/b]
You remember when I played Madden don't you? I tried to like it, but the game is **** and it was never gonna happen
<
. I hate soccer as well, but recently I was playing PES 5, and THAT is the kind of game I'd like to see rugby have... not Madden.

Latest posts