• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gameplay Video

hey go back to the same link maddog gave us....theres a new video...its a preview

Yeah - someone posted that somewhere here in another thread - it doesnt give much more away, but at least they are getting their act together and posting stuff.

Just watched the new preview video and yup there are definately going to be issues with this game but not so bad that I will not be able to live with it.

If you watch the clip I think it is about 2min 30-35 seconds there is some play from a ruck or scrum without a set play and man the old magic trick is back
<
where you pass the ball and it looks to be going over the guys head only for it to dissapear for a split second and then appear in the players hand
<

The one thing I don`t like about 05 and it looks to be the same in 06 is the when you don`t use a set play and pass from a ruck the players in the backline(when the numbers are short) stand really close to each other so it gives the game a really cramped feel if the backs were spaced a bit further a part this problem would be solved and play alot better. They leave so much of the field open in these cases.

Just for all those getting to excited I think 06 will be good but keep a level head guys or else i am sure you will be let down.

Man the one thing I like from these vids is I love the running animations of the backs in full stride looks great.

I watched this video and I have to admit I really like the view. I went and looked at 05 and the side view on that almost looked like the field was going uphill to the opposit touchline compared to the bigger field of vision 06 seems to provide. the turning circles for the players also seems a lot sharper

it looks nice and smooth but the running lines are aweful cos its a pc d-pad being used. it will be infinitely better when you have 360 degree control (sorry die hard digital fans) and can move smoothly between defenders. also, is it just me or would have been nice to see an offload or two? and come to think of it even a pass would have done. all the tries were scored from get ball, turn 45 dgrees, run, turn to 90 degrees, run, dive.

possibly not the greatest advert from eas point of view.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
If you watch the clip I think it is about 2min 30-35 seconds there is some play from a ruck or scrum without a set play and man the old magic trick is back  where you pass the ball and it looks to be going over the guys head only for it to dissapear for a split second and then appear in the players hand [/b]

it is a preview version mind - so that means an early version - things would have been improved

Originally posted by Quintes@Jan 31 2006, 09:23 PM
I watched this video and I have to admit I really like the view. I went and looked at 05 and the side view on that almost looked like the field was going uphill to the opposit touchline compared to the bigger field of vision 06 seems to provide. the turning circles for the players also seems a lot sharper
hey! can't get them going myself (the vids)..

but good to hear!!
<

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 31 2006, 10:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
If you watch the clip I think it is about 2min 30-35 seconds there is some play from a ruck or scrum without a set play and man the old magic trick is back  where you pass the ball and it looks to be going over the guys head only for it to dissapear for a split second and then appear in the players hand 

it is a preview version mind - so that means an early version - things would have been improved [/b][/quote]
I wouldn't ever make that assumption. You can say "Ooh, it's an early version, it'll be fixed" about lot's of things. And lot's of times you will be wrong.

Originally posted by davidson@Jan 31 2006, 08:02 PM
Also, is it just me or would have been nice to see an offload or two? and come to think of it even a pass would have done. all the tries were scored from get ball, turn 45 dgrees, run, turn to 90 degrees, run, dive.

possibly not the greatest advert from eas point of view.
If you look reeeeeeeal closely in that video, and in the one i got before, u can see an offload pass, and the new kicking system (in the first one only). So its all there, u just have to have the eye for it
<

How cool just watched new clip again and if you pass it when it is showing you the world league it gives a percentage bar on your job security as manager. I know I know it is only a gimick but still little features like that do add up as well.

And job offers from other clubs. Sounds a lot like FIFA 06 Manager mode... I wish Rugby 06 has a billion teams like FIFA though...

who cares about rucking system jeez its just pushing focus on the real part scoreing points..i think its that guy with the canbra raiders picture hes really into his rucks..dude..just score trys n stuff oi

Im assuming your talking about our friend ak47. He has made it clear that he wants an interactive rucking system, which is fine, opinions are what forums are about.

Originally posted by maddog79@Feb 1 2006, 12:12 AM
Im assuming your talking about our friend ak47. He has made it clear that he wants an interactive rucking system, which is fine, opinions are what forums are about.
<

for sure...

and I'm with mark.

lol! sorry ak bro!
<
<

I hate all this speculation about the game, to be honest no one in this thread knows the truth so what position are we to say how good or bad it is or going to be! rc2006 has proved that its pointless going into playing it assuming anything about the game so i dont see why everyone is doing it again. No one can say its guaranteed to be **** or affected by these flaws cos we dont know how it plays now, to be fair locks hasnt given anywhere near the amount of info he normally does on the games so to be completely honest our knowledge is pretty limited, we only have ea's word, we only have 10 days to wait....lets just sit it out and stop 'spamming'!
<

Originally posted by paddyknight@Feb 1 2006, 12:08 AM
I hate all this speculation about the game, to be honest no one in this thread knows the truth so what position are we to say how good or bad it is or going to be! rc2006 has proved that its pointless going into playing it assuming anything about the game so i dont see why everyone is doing it again. No one can say its guaranteed to be **** or affected by these flaws cos we dont know how it plays now, to be fair locks hasnt given anywhere near the amount of info he normally does on the games so to be completely honest our knowledge is pretty limited, we only have ea's word, we only have 10 days to wait....lets just sit it out and stop 'spamming'!
<
Hey Paddy if you don`t like all the speculating on the game(as long as it is on topic) don`t enter the EA Rugby 2006 thread as most of it is speculation
<

I am glad that Locks is not giving to much info on this one as I reckon this time he is going to let us make up our own minds and I for one would like a couple of suprises for once. I want to put in my game for the first time and not feel like I have been playing it for ages which normally happens as we know so much about it.

I think Locks might have a life outside this forum
<
unlike some of us who spend day and night on it.

I think this is reason why we're always disappointed with these games. We just follow them for months and months, firstly get excited about the features, then from previews we start building up in our heads how the game will play, then one individual will get some hands on, and the hype reaches boiling point, we think we have the best game that's ever come out.

It's always the same, I know I should stay away from these boards pre-release, but I can't it's an addiction.

The other reason is because people on here are hardcore rugby fans, we know the ins and outs, the intricacies of defending, attacking and tactical play, so small flaws that may be overlooked by the casual gamer, stand out more to us.

RIGHT THATS IT, TIME TO THROW THE TOYS OUT OF THE PRAM. THIS FORUM IS SO GODDAMN BORING. NO FAULT OF YOU GUYS, JUST I FEEL STARVED OF:

NEW GAMEPLAY VIDEOS
NEW SCREENSHOTS
MORE FEEDBACK FROM OUR FRIEND MR LOCKS (i.e Q &A section...kidding
<
)
PREVIEWS
INSIGHTS INTO THE GAME

GIVE ME SOMETHING BEFORE I GO MAD!!
<

OK just taken some valium... feeling calmer now....rant over

thank you

<

p.s Please don't take this post seriously.

Thank you again

Originally posted by mikeeboy@Feb 1 2006, 01:43 AM
I think this is reason why we're always disappointed with these games. We just follow them for months and months, firstly get excited about the features, then from previews we start building up in our heads how the game will play, then one individual will get some hands on, and the hype reaches boiling point, we think we have the best game that's ever come out.

It's always the same, I know I should stay away from these boards pre-release, but I can't it's an addiction.

The other reason is because people on here are hardcore rugby fans, we know the ins and outs, the intricacies of defending, attacking and tactical play, so small flaws that may be overlooked by the casual gamer, stand out more to us.
<

so which is it?

too much hype or too much fussing over detail?

<

Latest posts