• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game of Thrones Discussion [SPOILERS]

I'm also interested to see if Gendry will return and if so what affect will he have?
I hope he isn't just a sidekick type person.

At the end was it definitely Bron who tackled Jamie into the water? I didn't get a good look but I thought that it was that bloke Dickon.

Lots of things happening ... Company of Gold to the Lannisters? Or is Jorah going to intercept them as screw the Lannisters over?

I reckon Bran will show Arya what Littlefinger is ... cue her adding him to the list!

Lots of things happening ... Company of Gold to the Lannisters? Or is Jorah going to intercept them as screw the Lannisters over?

I reckon Bran will show Arya what Littlefinger is ... cue her adding him to the list!

How will they pay for the Golden company now though?

What.....

Damn

Suppose the Dothraki v golden company will be fun.

Annoying cause against cavalry you form a square but them dragons.....

I thought it was weird but listening to the Dragons on the Wall podcast they confirmed that it was mentioned the money had reached Kings Landing :(

Randyll said before the attack that all the gold had reached Kings Landing.
That dagger is definitely gonna be used to off Littlefinger when the time comes. I'm anticipating Sansa acting like she's down for some backstabby plan with Littlefinger to lead fans off, before she betrays him and has lil sis do him good.Would be very Game of Thrones.

Yep, Randyll did say all the gold had reached King's landing. The rest of the Tarly-Lannister army were bringing in the Grain/food from the Reach to feed King's Landing before they were attacked. So, although they have the Gold, King's landing people will slowly starve if the gold is used to pay off Lannister's debts. Of course Cersei will still choose this, as this will now be her priority if she wants to borrow more from the Iron bank to increase her army stocks.

Last edited:
Will anyone accept a contract against dragons considering what they just did and their only plan failed.....misreably.

Will anyone accept a contract against dragons considering what they just did and their only plan failed.....misreably.

I don't think it did fail miserably really.

Now they know how to build them it shouldn't take that much longer to build more.

And Dany's doesn't know how many they have, all she knows is that her dragons are not invincible which adds alot more pressure on her since there are only 3 dragons left.

Why don't the dragons attack directly from above? These weapons don't seem to have the capability to fire directly upwards.

We don't know the fully altitude Dragons can fly at.

As the Scorpion has a full 360 degree rotation of fire the dragon is required to be out of its ballistic range before it can't be fired at for its attack from above.

Is there any real reason that Dany actually has to ride Drogon? She said Drakares but other than that she seems to have very little impact on what he actually does, it seems like it would make more sense to just let him do his own thing. He must know who to attack as there's no way that Dany was controlling who he was attacking just from being sat on his back, so her being there just seems like she's being unnecessarily risked.

I think the best tactic would just be to attack the army during transit. The dragons are much faster than the army are able to travel so there's no reason they couldn't effectively just do drive bys a few times a day, picking off the army and its supplies and then leaving before they're able to deploy the scorpion.

Is there any real reason that Dany actually has to ride Drogon? She said Drakares but other than that she seems to have very little impact on what he actually does, it seems like it would make more sense to just let him do his own thing. He must know who to attack as there's no way that Dany was controlling who he was attacking just from being sat on his back, so her being there just seems like she's being unnecessarily risked.

I think the best tactic would just be to attack the army during transit. The dragons are much faster than the army are able to travel so there's no reason they couldn't effectively just do drive bys a few times a day, picking off the army and its supplies and then leaving before they're able to deploy the scorpion.

I wouldn't worry to much about the tactics, they just charged cavalry head first into a bunch of spears... Whilst at it it would have made more sense for the dragon to fly along the line of spears rather than perpendicular to them. I think she goes into battle partially because she wants to prove herself as capable as any man leading their army. Also the dothraki probably expect it.

She also arguably saves Drogon (and herself) after he was hit in the shoulder by Bron's scorpion bolt , by breaking Drogon out of his fall. Otherwise both would have plummeted to their deaths.

She must have some sort of control over the Dragon, no way itd scorch all the way up the road taking out all the carriages over going buck wild over the people.
I dunno how, though - some sort of mind link or something?
I think she does have to be there because when she mentioned sending the dragons to take out Euron's fleet they all said it's too dangerous for her to go, no one mentioned sending them without her

Latest posts