11.) Nakaitaci
12.) Fofana
13.) Fritz
14.) Huget
15.) Dulin

21.) Machenaud
22.) Tales
23.) Bonneval

i'd swap Fritz for Lamerat, other wise yep.

yay, my new playground !
Some pretty backlines here, not much to say personally. Well done Scotty, you know your Top 14 shiit for a foreigner. Just make sure it isn't Patrice Lagisquet who's coaching those backs....
and yes, I'd have Lamerat somewhere in there probably although Fritz is excellent, and Guitoune needs a starting role, no doubt.

And I see my unparalleled wisdom has tainted onto you with your signature there. You see people, you can influence the youth of this world in a positive way, in a way that has absolutely nothing to do with the disproportionate ego-centric notion of being a guru and founding an occult sect or anything like that. Ha ha ha, no. Just a healthy, gradual, subconscious entry into the young mind. Healthy..
No but thank you Scotty, I feel thankful. As reward, you may keep your signature as you will.

yay, my new playground !
Some pretty backlines here, not much to say personally. Well done Scotty, you know your Top 14 shiit for a foreigner. Just make sure it isn't Patrice Lagisquet who's coaching those backs....
and yes, I'd have Lamerat somewhere in there probably although Fritz is excellent, and Guitoune needs a starting role, no doubt.

And I see my unparalleled wisdom has tainted onto you with your signature there. You see people, you can influence the youth of this world in a positive way, in a way that has absolutely nothing to do with the disproportionate ego-centric notion of being a guru and founding an occult sect or anything like that. Ha ha ha, no. Just a healthy, gradual, subconscious entry into the young mind. Healthy..
No but thank you Scotty, I feel thankful. As reward, you may keep your signature as you will.
to be honest it now seem's to be on bt sports now a days there are alot more top 14 games on it and i just watched it as it was rugby.

i dont know why i put huget there i just lost respect on him after what he did to the honey badger i'd say jealously clearly

Huget is a quality player, he's got a bit of backbone about him and never takes a backwards i'd have him in a NH squad that's for certain.

9.Parra 10.FTD 11.Guitone 12.Fofana 13.Fritz 14.Huget 15.Dulin
21.Doussain (i don't know why he was poor in a few games but he has ability) 22.Fickou 23.Fall

The starting line up kind of picks itself as they are all very talented but the bench is a little more open.

Lets see what Fall does with us this season, I am confident he will be excellent with Galthie behind him from the training he looks very sharp we will see tomorrow his first game against Sarries.

Huget is a quality player, he's got a bit of backbone about him and never takes a backwards i'd have him in a NH squad that's for certain.

I agree, fine marriage of power and pinpoint accuracy, and he's got so much better from about 3 years ago.

9.Parra 10.FTD 11.Guitone 12.Fofana 13.Fritz 14.Huget 15.Dulin
21.Doussain (i don't know why he was poor in a few games but he has ability) 22.Fickou 23.Fall

The starting line up kind of picks itself as they are all very talented but the bench is a little more open.

nice as well. Doussain for Toulouse and Doussain in the 2014 6N are literally day and night. He's a fantastic player with unique elements for a SH.
The 13 jersey is a hard one to pick though, in a year or two Lamerat will have improved that much more and might become a must.

I really wouldn't pick Fickou over Lamerat or Basteraud right now - did you see him in Australia?

You seriously can't judge a player from that tour. But I'd still pick Lamerat over Fickou anyways, but based on form (i.e. Top 14 form). And Bastareaud still represents too big a dimension to leave out of France's XV I think, even if he needs to work on a couple of things.

Lets see what Fall does with us this season, I am confident he will be excellent with Galthie behind him from the training he looks very sharp we will see tomorrow his first game against Sarries.

I have a feeling he'll get back to test level quickly. He was already basically there last year but just a forgotten soldier on a sinking ship, gesticulating on his own...this trade was the best thing that could've happened to him. He's the kind of guy who'll need a little time to get accustomed to his surroundings though I think based on what I understand from his psychological profile.

I really wouldn't pick Fickou over Lamerat or Basteraud right now - did you see him in Australia?
The whole squad apart from Chouly where well below par. What he has shown in other games is good enough to keep with him.

He is a great runner and hopefully he will get some serious chances in the blue shirt. Powerful runner and having him DUlin, Guitone in the back three could be incredible.

Fofana, Chouly, Maestri, Guirado, Bastareaud...some of the guys who managed to have a fine series Down Undah, in spite of the collective mayhem...and yes, for me the very very top wingers in France include Guitoune, Huget, Fall and O'Connor. Nakaitaci and his Fijian style isn't negligible either. On best form, I wouldn't know which two wingers to pick from, let's say, those first 3.

The whole squad apart from Chouly where well below par. What he has shown in other games is good enough to keep with him.

Not over Lamerat in my opinion. Fickou isn't even getting regular game time for Tolouse - look at the whole play off issue when fritz got smashed, they had Fickou on the side line and they still tried to get Fritz back on.

I don't rate Fickou that much, he's a big guy but he just seems clumsy.

Not over Lamerat in my opinion. Fickou isn't even getting regular game time for Tolouse - look at the whole play off issue when fritz got smashed, they had Fickou on the side line and they still tried to get Fritz back on.

but his power isn't nearly his number 1 quality, that's just bonus on the side. I don't know where you get "clumsy" from, I'm sure you've seen a play once that's tainted your idea of him, but don't forget that was an elimination game against the Racing Métro for Guy Novès and given the immense scrutiny he was under all season long he couldn't afford to lose his rock-solid warrior Florian Fritz and just replace him with a 20 yo. People forget, Gaël Fickou was born in 1994 (!!), dude's barely 20 yo. We'll start seeing a whole lot of him soon, and he's only going to get better as he's a very tranquil force and keeps a small head and seems an intelligent young man, and already way mature for his age, it's impressive tbh. The way he talks in interviews he sounds like a veteran in the things he says and his tone/attitude.

o'connor ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_O'Connor

yes, total anglo-type name, Marvin O'Connor is actually 100% born and bread in France. His dad was a League playing Aussie who migrated here some time ago. The dude gets close to no recognition from coaches because he plays for an obscure club, Bayonne. But the guy is electric, is one of those rare guys who adds a dimension to the game on his own at the wing, a huge tackler, pure feel for the game, hard mentally, just pure pure class of a winger. And still young...

Since we're on this thread, I'll reiterate the following: I think the best wingers in France are in this group - O'Connor, Huget, Guitoune and Fall. Loads of guys were once this good or can find their way into this group, but right now I think it's them.

Yes but he is very young. The Play Off situation is not reflecting anything of Fickou's ability, Noves clearly had a gameplan too bring him on later and he didn't want to change his plan if at all possible, even if it risked a players well being. At the age of 20 the talent he has is incredible and if he was English we would be jumping up and down saying how he is going to be the best.

Yes but he is very young. The Play Off situation is not reflecting anything of Fickou's ability, Noves clearly had a gameplan too bring him on later and he didn't want to change his plan if at all possible, even if it risked a players well being.

...even if it risked a player's deadness :rolleyes:

but his power isn't nearly his number 1 quality, that's just bonus on the side. I don't know where you get "clumsy" from, I'm sure you've seen a play once that's tainted your idea of him, but don't forget that was an elimination game against the Racing Métro for Guy Novès and given the immense scrutiny he was under all season long he couldn't afford to lose his rock-solid warrior Florian Fritz and just replace him with a 20 yo. People forget, Gaël Fickou was born in 1994 (!!), dude's barely 20 yo. We'll start seeing a whole lot of him soon, and he's only going to get better as he's a very tranquil force and keeps a small head and seems an intelligent young man, and already way mature for his age, it's impressive tbh. The way he talks in interviews he sounds like a veteran in the things he says and his tone/attitude.

It's not anyone thing it's the way he moves, and how uncomfortable he seems on the ball, passing moving, all those things - he's still growing but he is all legs and limbs and as i said he just seems clumsy in how he moves.

It's odd because i recall seeing him in the JWC and thinking "yep, that lads a star" but he doesn't seem to have really kicked on from that tournament in the same way as say Farrell, Ford etc... have.

My point in the fritz/play off game was more about emphasising they don't give him game time.

Latest posts