• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

Can anyone explain to me why Joey Barton is now continually appearing on my Twitter / X feed?

It's football commentary related, right?

He seems really angry over the past week, though to be fair I can't be sure as the algorithm has only been showing him in my feed for the past week.

Last edited:
The latest on the right wing podcast grift band wagon
Realised he's shite at football coaching so needs the next thing

He was on a podcast the other week where he explained away his brother's involvement in a racially motivated murder as "a scrap" - must've seen engagement skyrocket from that because ever since he's been yapping constantly about the usual right wing talking points (women in sports, woke things, neomarxism etc)

Basically trying to be the next Lawrence Fox

He's attention seeking. Was overrated as a footballer and his attempted French accent was as bad as Steve McClaren's Dutch accent.

I tell you where Maguire would be had he joined City - warming the bench alongside Phillips.

Yeh apparently Old Trafford is falling apart and in need of a major revamp. Considering it's the biggest English club stadium in the country by capacity it's pretty embarrassing for them. Not that I have too much sympathy for them.

To be fair 90% of grounds in the prem could do with a revamp but you're right about Utd being in particularly bad shape, from what I hear and read anyway.

Their whole team is pretty average as well. Recruitment has been terrible especially when you compare it to, say, Liverpool who normally operate extremely well in the transfer market.

This is one of the reasons why I don't think Southgate's England will win this summer: he chooses players like Phillips in midfield who don't move the ball quickly enough or read the game well enough. That's a big hindrance in midfield, but also applies at the back.

This is one of the reasons why I don't think Southgate's England will win this summer: he chooses players like Phillips in midfield who don't move the ball quickly enough or read the game well enough. That's a big hindrance in midfield, but also applies at the back.
You'd think Englands midfield 3 should be Rice, Bellingham and Maddison. Or at least that's what mine would be if i was playing FIFA

You'd think Englands midfield 3 should be Rice, Bellingham and Maddison. Or at least that's what mine would be if i was playing FIFA
Southgate won't play both Bellingham and Maddison after the Ukraine game away. But Maddison did play left sided forward. They like to occupy the same space in that 10 position and then you have Kane dropping off there as well. Think more likely he'll go with Rice and Phillips as the double pivot and Bellingham just in front in the 10 position behind Kane. Personally I would go with Trent alongside Rice, as I think he's a better passer than Phillips.

How do you think Wales will do in their playoff?

Latest posts