• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Trailer for RWC 2011 - NOW LIVE!

Funny that sidhe will probably never make another rugby game as there heading towards downloadable ***les (which there very good at) and with all the *****ing and moaning and complaining HB will probably say bugger you union fans and never make a rugby game again (not likely but would teach people a lesson). 2 Trailers have been released and people seem to know exactly how they play and are disappointed about this that and the other without actually playing any of them. Never mind we've all been complaining its been 4 years since the last rugby ***le. Should be more greatful!. The first rugby games on ps3/xbox will always be the worse ones. It will get better from here but we all need to buy the game first and foremost so it's financially viable to make more!. Low sales equals stuff all rugby games in the future, and more *****ing about no games again.

I wouldn't worry about that, all companies only do things if they see a profit in it, HB and Sidhe included. They don't give a damn about our moaning or our gratitude, only the bottom line. If they make decent profit they'll make another one regardless of how ungrateful we are. Still lets not forget it's a consumer driven industry, the onus is on them to produce a product we want to buy and it's a good thing if we continue to be difficult to please, because once they figure out we're prepared to eat any **** they want to shovel us, because we're just that desperate, then they'll be happy to keep serving it up year after year.

looks abit to similar to 08 for me guess ill have to go with rugby challenge

went to sleep after reading 17 pages of people saying the same thing, Woke up read another 4 pages of people saying the same thing... buy it dont buy it who cares we getting 2 rugby games in 2011.

This trailer reminds of when HB first released screenshots of the game.. They were dissappointing..

But then they started some more better pics after..

Perhaps its the same with the trailers..... Anyways.. they mentioned many gameplay tweaks.. but did not see them in the vid.. So perhaps they will show them in a later edition.

DEMO Review needs to be ASAP.

Those superman dives and one handed try dives are laughable at best...passable for a ps2 game but cmon this is ps3/360 we are talking about...this is just unacceptable in 2011

Looks like im getting 'Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge' then :/ extremelly disappointed by this trailer, slightly better graphics but gameplay looks exactly the same. I was expecting a massive improvement :(

euphoria engine with these same animations may have worked.
we wanted similar gameplay to 08 not the same with a few tweaks.
will still be buying it,but come on.2011.

I wonder if HB expected this kind of response? Their facebook page is getting a hammering. Will we hear from them on the forum again? Maybe this'll all die down a bit if the demo gets a good reception

After watching the RC trailer i was very impressed and amazed... shocked really, after watching the RWC trailer i felt ill and extremely dissapointed.
08 came to mind straight away as the trailer started then came on here and pretty much everyone's saying the same thing. To all the people that said this is a great trailer... take your tongue out of HB's arsehole it was terrible, they were better off not having one at all. Well just my 2 cents for ya! if you don't like it jog on then.

I think the RWC11 trailer is very poorly planned. The actual gameplay highlights displayed are lamentable to say the least. They have displayed none of the new features HB have been trying to relay to us.

The RC trailer is much better, it shows you a diverse range of gameplay. RWC11 seems intent on showing tackles, some aimless kicking, more tackles, endless swan dives and not much else. If i recall, i saw one pass sequence in the entire trailer.

You can't judge a game by it's graphics, but RC does look much much better in that respect, and the gameplay looks exciting and intuitive from it's trailer. RWC11 leaves everything to the imagination, and as such many are feeling very short changed, as this is a big deal, and they've released what appears to be a lazy rehash of rugby 08 gameplay.

I like Rugby 08, i think it's a decent game, but it's more like this trailer is for the casual gamer.

I've pre-ordered RWC11, and i will play RC as well.

AJ were you expecting this backlash. IT's getting bad, I heard people saying they canceled there pre-ordered. need a bit of good gameplay on Monday!!!

I was gonna preorder it. not now. I may still get it but Ill wait for reviews and gameplay vids as it looks exactly like 08 and I cant stand that game

I'm very disappointed but not surprised.

I don't think you have to play the game to realise that it's nothing but a copy of Rugby 08 with a little extra in the graphics department. - in other words - This is a game that falls short in all aspects - it's not worth the cost for what you will get in content.

And if you don't agree then you're a fool with no common sense. DO NOT BE DECEIVED FELLOW RUGBY FANS, CANCEL YOUR PRE-ORDERS, THOSE HB STUDIOS DUDES WANT YOUR MONEY WITH A DUD OF A GAME IN RETURN - THEY HAD A LOW BUDGET BUT THE PRICE IS THE HIGHEST YOU PAY FOR A CONSOLE GAME. Very Poor:(

I'm very disappointed but not surprised.

I don't think you have to play the game to realise that it's nothing but a copy of Rugby 08 with a little extra in the graphics department. - in other words - This is a game that falls short in all aspects - it's not worth the cost for what you will get in content.

And if you don't agree then you're a fool with no common sense. DO NOT BE DECEIVED FELLOW RUGBY FANS, CANCEL YOUR PRE-ORDERS, THOSE HB STUDIOS DUDES WANT YOUR MONEY WITH A DUD OF A GAME IN RETURN - THEY HAD A LOW BUDGET BUT THE PRICE IS THE HIGHEST YOU PAY FOR A CONSOLE GAME. Very Poor:(

Isn't that last part a smidge libelous

Its goons like this that makes you wonder why bother.

You are never going to get everyone to like the game, most people are going to lick a window or two and most do it on this forum.

Just to take some heat out of this discussion; animated Superman tackles are founded on real life http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK1w_h5-zMk&feature=related :)

I am dissapointed the trailer didn't show more of the new gameplay features and these exciting passages of play which AJ has referred to, but I am still really pleased we have two rugby games being released this year. I aim to buy both, as ultimately I want to support the possibility for future rugby game releases.

Latest posts