• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Demo - Official Announcement

I have had a nightmare trying to download the demo, but now that I've seen some videos, I'm not sure I'll bother. I don't mind that it plays alot like 08, but visually it is way off for me, and there doesn't seem to be any innovation whatsoever beyond the rucking. I appreciate the difficulties of producing slick rugby games, with it being a niche market and a complicated sport, but I think I'll wait for reviews.

Alot of it depends on what you're after... I'd say give the download another chance in a couple of days have passed and any potential issues & general interest has died down (not entirely sure what has been causing you the d/l problems).

I've also seen a number of videos of the game on youtube and to be honest, the few I've seen have the players playing it exactly like they would R08, which includes specifically looking for old or new exploits, and
1. not properly trying most of the new/improved features (rucking tactics, forward pick & go from ruck ball, scrumhalf snipe from ruck ball etc)
2. not playing the game like it were actual rugby (e.g constant, constant spinning the ball wide even to no receiver, little to no forward play etc)

Perhaps the video's you've seen do all of the above, and in that case fair enough, but if they haven't I'd recommend you give them a go yourself.

My apologies to those awaiting the demo in South Africa. Looks like we have an issue that has delayed the arrival of the demo in that territory. This is an issue at Sony and Microsoft that has only come to light when the 360 demo didn't appear today. We are on it and will hopefully have news shortly on a new timeline for a SA release.

Very disappointing not to have the game in your hands today, but we're working on getting it to you as soon as we possibly can.
Do you have any idea if that will be anytime today still or are we talking days?

Do you have any idea if that will be anytime today still or are we talking days?

I am awaiting more info, but I can confirm I do not expect it today for SA. There are workarounds being discussed for South Africa and North America that involve creating additional accounts with UK selected as your region.

Again, my sincere apologies for the delay. Beyond my control, I'm afraid.

Thanks AJ for the updated... Now get back to your Holiday!

where is the 'your thoughts' thread gone?

I am gutted that preety much everyone whos played the demo hates it, go on the Rugby World Cup facebook page and try to find a positive comment.
Yea i agree, it is like Rugby08 on steroids, and gameplay is very VERY similar to 08 with very little changes, but it's not that bad, im enjoying it.

Just want to note,

if you take a quick tap and the opposite team don't retreat 10m, you don't get advantage.
You cant pass to a different player off a quick lineout.
The dive tackling is a mimic of 08 and it is so unrealistic
The backs moves are a mimic of 08 and a preety crap tbh.

Other than that im enjoying :) lol

Just finished my 4th game on the demo.I found it:1. Too similar to previous versions that I did love but have maybe just grown out of as next gen games have raised the bar. 2. A button mash!3. Graphically average And basically hugely disappointing. I want to love you rwc2011 but don't think I can. I am already bored of you. Demo deleted.Please please RC be better or it's years more to wait.....

its not like 08, it plays differently than 08 so stop saying its the same as 08 cause its not, its alot better and the demo has changed my mind about it :)

All the guys from SA having problem downloading this jusy create a new user using a UK emsil set it up on msn hot mail i used BD7 DP1 as a postal code that is for bradford... Im busy downloading it now... Use the same postal code as me cause it works

its not like 08, it plays differently than 08 so stop saying its the same as 08 cause its not, its alot better and the demo has changed my mind about it :)

I downloaded the demo and as expected it plays like a newer version of the previous Rugby 06/08 ***les (based on info reported to date this was expected). If you liked playing Rugby 08 you will enjoy this game.

What a lot of people here and over at Sidhe's website seem to forget is that HB's rugby series has scored considerably well with previous games. While a few hundred people on these forums can bag RWC, where it matters is in the market place and most people (or the other 100,000 around the world) will buy a copy after the 26th of August.

Outside of forums you'll find most people don't care about all the little details of the rocks, line-outs and such associated with Rugby.... it bogs the game down and makes people switch off.

Sidhe have worked hard to deliver this in bucket loads (the detailed rucks, the line-outs and managing the breakdown) the more details, description and painful explanation turns people off. Bring all of that into a video game and you watch the audience switch off.

Just look the ratings Rugby Union has on TV (poor because people want to see tries, free flowing games and heaps of big hits). It needs to have a balance. Kids through to adults won't want to spend hours trying to work out Rugby Challenge's rucks and line-outs, watching the ball hit the deck and so on........ boring!!!! They will just play to play another game.

RWC seems to have a balance of fun game play, easy pick-up and doesn't bog you down with rules.

its good to see they fixed the kick off to number 10 in the deep run run pass run run try & the line out when computer is throwin in wait for arms to move then pass x works for short and mid line out all the time & they put the drop goal back to how they had it in 06 good work boy.
i did notice in the game when time was up the computer was kickin 4 a pen they missed the ball did not go out but the half ended i should have been able to score a try from that & the quick tap is realy a slow tap

Demo Download

All the guys from SA having problem downloading this jusy create a new user using a UK emsil set it up on msn hot mail i used BD7 DP1 as a postal code that is for bradford... Im busy downloading it now... Use the same postal code as me cause it works

How did you get this right? Everytime I try to do it, it comes up with Server Down Under Maintenace. Is there a work aroung or do I have to wait for it to go up again? Any news on them sorting out the SA problem yet? I am very eager to play! Thank TRF and HB for everything sofar.

no create a new profile on ps3.then after that go on that profile and you will be asked to create new account on ps3. then do it there. worked for me

no create a new profile on ps3.then after that go on that profile and you will be asked to create new account on ps3. then do it there. worked for me

brilliant, busy downloading now. thanks!

pleasure man. South African Internet sucks !!!! Mine took 3hours.....

How did you get this right? Everytime I try to do it, it comes up with Server Down Under Maintenace. Is there a work aroung or do I have to wait for it to go up again? Any news on them sorting out the SA problem yet? I am very eager to play! Thank TRF and HB for everything sofar.

Just create the uk email account them use that email to create a new user i did it last night and it work for me

Latest posts