• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

F1 Racing

This season of F1 has had more drivers win multiple races than any other season in F1 history as far as I'm aware... If only it had been like this right from the start, this is what F1 has been missing for ages.

Norris has been forced off twice by Verstappen and they are looking at punishing Norris. When reversed for Russell, Russell got punished. This inconsistency is bullshit.

"As of now the rules state that the driver in front at the apex is entitled to the corner. That's why max won't get a penalty for forcing a driver off track. Which is dumb and needs to be reworked."

Saw this on reddit (******* Elon making me go on that site). An explanation at least, if an unsatisfactory one. Probably need track specific rules depending on apex layout.

Watching with my old man, both wanting Verstappen to win it and we couldn't understand.

"As of now the rules state that the driver in front at the apex is entitled to the corner. That's why max won't get a penalty for forcing a driver off track. Which is dumb and needs to be reworked."

Saw this on reddit (******* Elon making me go on that site). An explanation at least, if an unsatisfactory one. Probably need track specific rules depending on apex layout.

Watching with my old man, both wanting Verstappen to win it and we couldn't understand.
That rule implies a driver can simply dive bomb up the middle, force both drivers off the track, but as long as they chucked their car up the inside before the outside car could turn in, they are then free to drive them off the track.

Russell kept his car on the track when Bottas got pushed wide, Verstappen didn't. It's the inconsistency more than the rule that is the problem, and F1 is not doing much to dispel it's reputation for being arbitrary in the application of the rules. The stench of 2021 still hangs in the air and they've done little to dispel it.

The being ahead part is right. But the rules should also require the defending car to remain on track. Once they leave the track limits through no outside interference they should lose all rights to the corner.

Last edited:
What I don't like is Verstappen essentially playing chicken with drivers because he's more willing to have an accident.
Its been a trait of his and why the rules need to respect track limits. The amount of times he's essentially pushed people off when he can't make corners himself is ludicrous.

The reason why him and Hamilton has so many comings together was the others unwillingness to be bullied.

But currently the rules allow him to do this.

Next question?
Don't ask him for next question he's deliberately trying to ask "controversial" things.

My answer is simply possibly, but it would require women in Karting being given similar opportunities and the one of those ending up being the special one. We haven't seen them getting into the cars yet. The main barrier is it remains the rich boys club.

Latest posts