• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

F1 Racing

There is a clear difference between how Verstappen drives against ***le contenders vs others. Look at how aggressive he was vs Hamilton before and now vs Norris. I used to think he just had a personal thing against Hamilton but the fact he's turned on someone who was supposed to be his friend and the drop of a hat and instantly going into "give in or we crash" mentality shows what an utter **** he is. He's long overdue more penalties.

There is a clear difference between how Verstappen drives against ***le contenders vs others. Look at how aggressive he was vs Hamilton before and now vs Norris. I used to think he just had a personal thing against Hamilton but the fact he's turned on someone who was supposed to be his friend and the drop of a hat and instantly going into "give in or we crash" mentality shows what an utter **** he is. He's long overdue more penalties.
He use to be like this when he started out. He's never really learned how to race (fairly) against those hes in a real fight with.

He use to be like this when he started out. He's never really learned how to race (fairly) against those hes in a real fight with.
It's easy to say as a spectator but he is overdue a few crashes. Quite telling that every time he meets a driver who is fed up with his antics, they crash. People go on about Hamilton at Silverstone, they forget Verstappen had been driving like a **** all season before that and Hamilton had said before the race he was not going to yield to Verstappens bullying any more.

It's easy to say as a spectator but he is overdue a few crashes. Quite telling that every time he meets a driver who is fed up with his antics, they crash. People go on about Hamilton at Silverstone, they forget Verstappen had been driving like a **** all season before that and Hamilton had said before the race he was not going to yield to Verstappens bullying.
I still maintain Hamilton did nothing wrong at Silverstone. Both cars could of remained on track there was no need for a coming together by either driver both could of yielded.

Will say I think 10 seconds for both incidents strikes me off throwing the book at a repeat offender. I think the first is a 5 second.

I still maintain Hamilton did nothing wrong at Silverstone. Both cars could of remained on track there was no need for a coming together by either driver both could of yielded.
I agree, he was slightly out from the apex but Verstappen had space.

That's gas, don't think the first incident was as bad as last week. The corner is causing problems.

Presume Verstappen will be trying to back Lando up for a bit to keep second out of reach. Use the second half of the race to try pick up some points if he can.

Or not, don't think Lando would have been goaded into a battle however.

Verstappen's championship awareness is very poor. He's in a position where he could have come in a place or two behind Lando in each race and be reasonably comfortable, especially while Ferrari is winning. Penalties are just about the only thing that can cost him this year.

Or not, don't think Lando would have been goaded into a battle however.

Verstappen's championship awareness is very poor. He's in a position where he could have come in a place or two behind Lando in each race and be reasonably comfortable, especially while Ferrari is winning. Penalties are just about the only thing that can cost him this year.
His aggression awareness is what's poor. He only operates in a hyper-aggressive mode any time he is in a competition. He's a very skilful driver but the bulk of his "racecraft" involves creating crash situations and relying on everyone else compensating for his craziness. I knew people like him during karting, the thing was we were much happier to just crash them a few times until they got the message.

His aggression awareness is what's poor. He only operates in a hyper-aggressive mode any time he is in a competition. He's a very skilful driver but the bulk of his "racecraft" involves creating crash situations and relying on everyone else compensating for his craziness. I knew people like him during karting, the thing was we were much happier to just crash them a few times until they got the message.
I think that's seperate, I'm not really talking about racecraft here. Varstappen doesn't need to race Lando to win the championship is what I was saying, just stay within two places of him if Lando wins and 4 if not. Penalties hurt him way more than losing position.

It was the same in the Hamilton year, a second in Silverstone was never going to hurt him that much, the avoidable DNF gave Hamilton a sniff and then when Veratappen was taken out in Hungary after he was in a battle that he never really needed to be.

I think that's seperate, I'm not really talking about racecraft here. Varstappen doesn't need to race Lando to win the championship is what I was saying, just stay within two places of him if Lando wins and 4 if not. Penalties hurt him way more than losing position.

It was the same in the Hamilton year, a second in Silverstone was never going to hurt him that much, the avoidable DNF gave Hamilton a sniff and then when Veratappen was taken out in Hungary after he was in a battle that he never really needed to be.
I don't think it is, the point I'm making is because he's so aggressive, he can't switch it off and simply accept finishing behind his competition, even if that's all he needs to win the championship. He has an aggression problem.

I don't think it is, the point I'm making is because he's so aggressive, he can't switch it off and simply accept finishing behind his competition, even if that's all he needs to win the championship. He has an aggression problem.

I think we're seeing the same thing in slightly different ways anyway. Arguing the psychology behind it won't go far.

I think we're seeing the same thing in slightly different ways anyway. Arguing the psychology behind it won't go far.
Essentially yes, I'm just saying the thing that makes him have poor judgement about when to fight is what also makes him drive so dangerously. He has one mode of racing.

Three world championships in and there's still a.lack of maturity from the guy. I still think it's because the culture at Red Bull sucks.

Latest posts