• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Post-WC discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well enough considering we're over a million under the salary cap, have poor attendance and barely any RFU involvement :D

Reading into Harrison no wonder he wanted to leave NZ feel for the guy.

Glad he has progressed so much.

Yep - guy's done well for himself after a difficult situation...

See why it's not an ordinary money chasing poach story?

No one's said it's got anything to do with money, it's just that he's born and raised and rugby-produced in a different country.

Yes, I can understand that, but conversely; he qualifies on pretty much all the grounds that most people seem to want introduced by WR as the standards for qualification... i.e. 5 years residency and parental heritage.
Additionally, the grounds for his departure from NZ reasonably settle any concerns over the motivations for his move; as opposed to, say... Nathan Hughes (for me, anyway), and he's only played pro/senior rugby here.

Having said that, I'm not calling for his inclusion at this point necessarily...

A guy who's only played pro rugby in this country isn't one I'd call solely rugby-produced by another.

Meeeh. Don't care. I hope we play a team solely of 'poaches' just to annoy Olyy.

Glad he has progressed so much.

Oh?

To be fair I have no real issue with Harrison for England, as you say he ticks all the boxes for extended qualification, other than he's not as good as Fraser or Kvesic.
It was the McCaffrey mention (this thread? another thread?) that got my goat.

From what I remember he, and two of his friends, were jet skiing and there was an accident which resulted in the death of one of his friends. The judge blamed the two survivors, even though the deceased's family were saying it was just an accident.

Ah yeah! Forgot about that. Mental stuff.

I hope they pick McCaffrey and he's man of the match :p

Hearing Nowell has ****ed his knee.

All aboard the Ashton train, choo choo.
:(

Is he realistically in with a shot, though?
I reckon Jones will go Ashton/Watson/Brown with Goode on the bench.

I feel sick.

That said, with the amount of injuries piling up we'll be able to bring in a lot more players in the EPS switchup - Lewington and Roko may well make the cut.

No one wants Ashton, but coaches like him. I'm being realistic.
Same as I expect Barritt to be our 12.

Very true.
Hopefully Jones remembers the tries Ashton scored against Australia and wants nothing to do with him :lol:

Our old coaches really, really liked Robshaw - Eddie clearly doesn't rate him that highly... there's hope.

Want a gentlemans wager on that rats? Unless he gets injured Ashton will play some rugby in an England shirt during the 6 nations with Nowell and May out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts