• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Post-WC discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maso's health hasn't allowed him to continue coaching, if I remember correctly. Maybe in the future, but he's fighting Parkinson's.

Being made to pick an all England back room set up is exactly the kind of petty condition the RFU would hang on to after being made to pick a non English head coach.

This, especially with the whole "grooming a successor" nonsense. The RFU hasn't learned to bite the bullet and just get the the best coaches no matter where they are from. We are not New Zealand, we don't regulalry produce great coaches at the clubs. When we have a winning team, maybe then we can begin to look at it but right now England are the biggest bottlers on the planet.

CYS517nWsAMYGUL.jpg:large

So any player put their hands up at the last minute.

Form Tigers game for me

Harrison and McCaffrey both did.

Smith would have if he was 5 years or so younger. Both Youngs will be in the squad definitely.

Depending on Kruis injury Kitchener might well of.

McCaffrey is Australian. Sick of us ****ing poaching.
He's a very very good player, and I've said all season I really like him, but just cause his Granny banged an English sailor in the war doesn't mean he should play for England.

Gibson, for me - been good all season, but I thought (other than McCaffrey) he was the best forward on the pitch today.
Tom Youngs had a really good game but his lineout is still wobbly - there were a couple that, anywhere other than Welford Road, would've been called not straight. Still my #16 though.
B.Youngs pretty much cemented his starting 9 shirt, excellent display.
Don't think Kitchener really stood out - other than being gassed by a tighthead prop I can't really remember him that much. Then again if he's stuck in rucks and the such you're not going to see him.

McCaffrey should be nowhere near... nevermind the fact that he's a poach - he's a journeyman Australian; not a top quality international in waiting.

Harrison continues to impress though.

Last edited:
McCaffrey is Australian. Sick of us ****ing poaching.
He's a very very good player, and I've said all season I really like him, but just cause his Granny banged an English sailor in the war doesn't mean he should play for England.

Actually his mom is English and so is her whole side of the family

And don't be disrespectful of granny's, prick.

Re Kitchener I was on about due to lack of other options (if Kruis is injured) rather than anything else.

I hate white guy dreadlocks with a passion too, but all is forgiven now he has seen the error of his ways.

Your comment just reminded me of the Simpsons episode where Burns told one of his baseball players to "get rid of those sideburns!".

Olyy Burns.

Talking of Burns he is getting back on the right track still a bit off England but good to see him looking more confident.

I'll be glad when you concede a hat trick of penalty tries!

Ah wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts