• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England EPS 2017/18 edition.

Without his signature hand clap we're doomed.

Realistically, though, it's the one position it doesn't matter all that much if we lose a first choice player. Lawes/Launch is still a world class partnership, and it means we get a look at a youngster (Isiekwe?) off the bench, And Maro gets some time to rest his body after a busy year

Without his signature hand clap we're doomed.

Realistically, though, it's the one position it doesn't matter all that much if we lose a first choice player. Lawes/Launch is still a world class partnership, and it means we get a look at a youngster (Isiekwe?) off the bench, And Maro gets some time to rest his body after a busy year

Still Kruis as well. We're fine

I sometimes think maybe being stacked at lock leads to balance problems? Maybe trying to fit in all the locks means the pack is too heavy. Compared to 2016 we didn't play as well this year with Lawes/Itoje in the back row, even though they were both very good individually.

Has Jones played a backline of CurryHill yet? I fancy seeing how that would perform, especially with Billy at 8.

Still Kruis as well. We're fine

I sometimes think maybe being stacked at lock leads to balance problems? Maybe trying to fit in all the locks means the pack is too heavy. Compared to 2016 we didn't play as well this year with Lawes/Itoje in the back row, even though they were both very good individually.

Yep, balance is key. Would love to see a back 5 of Lawes, Launch, Underhill, Simmonds & Hughes / Binny start the 6N. Flankers are too inexperienced so it won't happen but, in theory, they're a nice blend of intense dog & ball player.

Still can't work out whether Itoje is a true superstar in waiting or not. Time will tell, but certainly glad he's English!

Has Jones played a backline of CurryHill yet? I fancy seeing how that would perform, especially with Billy at 8.
Wouldn't be surprised if that's the way he's headed, Curry and Underhill both got brought in the instant they could be and have been involved in every game (when fit) since.

It's also my dream (atm) backrow - with Simmonds on the bench.

Watson seems to have been performing well and I don't see what Brown offers over him...

That's been the case since Brown's last run of truly international quality form which was what, 6N 2014?

But to hijack another place's argument, Watson doesn't even play there for Bath.

Brown was very good in the summer, tbf.

His time has passed, though - Watson will surely be looked at as our 15 for the 6N. EJ earmarked him as his future fullback as soon as he took the England gig.
Hopefully we have a full complement of wingers fit during the 6N so it forces EJs hand into dropping Brown.

May, Nowell, Watson with Daly on the bench, for me (or give Daly a shot at 13 over JJ).

His time has passed, though - Watson will surely be looked at as our 15 for the 6N. EJ earmarked him as his future fullback as soon as he took the England gig.
Hopefully we have a full complement of wingers fit during the 6N so it forces EJs hand into dropping Brown.

May, Nowell, Watson with Daly on the bench, for me (or give Daly a shot at 13 over JJ).

I'd take that (although Nowell was about as poor as I've seen him today, hope it's some easily shaken rustiness). That aside, who is his backup? We can't seriously consider taking a 34 yr old back to the 2019 World Cup :/

I think we probably would. That's not ttttoooooooo ancient, and if we wanna bring Watson through as first choice 15 we probably don't have enough games to bring through a real backup to him.
Most of our backs have played a reasonable amount of club 15, enough to cover from the pitch in case of injury anyway, so having Brown outside of the 23 but in the squad at the World cup (and bringing him in for tier 2 games) isn't the end of the world.

Now that Daly's playing 11 for Wasps I'd keep him starting. His form was very impressive in the AIs.

I concur again, but it does frighten me a little - although it is real h*cking far from the largest squad-wide problem(s) we have. Solid summer, sure (and I liked how he embraced being pretty much the most senior player on the pitch), but he butchered at least two tries in the autumn because he -still- can't look outside for the pass

Now that Daly's playing 11 for Wasps I'd keep him starting. His form was very impressive in the AIs.
As a player, sure, but as a winger he still had some poor moments.
I just really want to see him at 13 at some point, because if he's going this well out of position then what would he be like in position?

Wasps have made it his position, so if he plays there week in week out for wasps he will learn the trade. EJ obv wants him as a winger first so accept it and lets hope he learns quick because he has potential to be a class winger and prob england first choice if watson is at FB.

As a player, sure, but as a winger he still had some poor moments.
I just really want to see him at 13 at some point, because if he's going this well out of position then what would he be like in position?
IIRC his form at 13 for Wasps earlier this season was pretty poor, not close to challenging JJ (who was also a little out of form). Moving to the wing full-time could be the making of him, preferably with the odd match at FB too (and I'd say the same of Nowell getting time at the back too).

I want to see a Daly, May, Watson back 3 - theres nothing as scary as pace to defend against.

Really hope nowell finds his form again as he will put pressure on the speedsters. Having watson and daly. Nowells workrate counts for alot. But we will have to see beacause im less than impressed from him these last 3 games hes played.

Manu tulagi is fit again...for now. Wonder if he can manage more than a month fit this time :)

That's been the case since Brown's last run of truly international quality form which was what, 6N 2014?

But to hijack another place's argument, Watson doesn't even play there for Bath.
You obviously don't watch bath

Latest posts