• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 6N 2016 - General Chit Chat

Itoje jumping without lifters and disrupting Parisse, guy is incred.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Marshall even England qualified?
Also, if he is, is he not locked to NZ by playing for their u20s? Or is that not their 2nd side? Cause NZ Maori haven't done anything for years
Marshall, 24, said: "It was something I have thought about for a long time. When I started playing for the Crusaders in 2011, I knew I had English ancestry but I wanted to give New Zealand a good crack.
"My dream was always to be an All Black but that's not gone to plan and while I'm still relatively young at 24, it's a good opportunity to come to the UK and give it a nudge.
"International rugby is still a big dream and it's something I still aspire to. But that's way down the line and I will have to play a lot of good rugby for Gloucester to get into the mix but it's the dream and it's what you look back on at the end of your career.

I know a lot of people won't be happy with that though!

Me

4b85934c5f02f6d6.gif

Is Marshall even England qualified?
Also, if he is, is he not locked to NZ by playing for their u20s? Or is that not their 2nd side? Cause NZ Maori haven't done anything for years

I think he is English qualified.

No, New Zealand's U20 team isn't our second choice team. I would be massively in favor of it becoming our second team, but it would really harm Pacific Island rugby. NZ Maori isn't our second team either (otherwise I question whether the Irish would grab Jamison Gibson-Park ;) ).

Our second team is New Zealand 'A' or 'Junior All Blacks' - which last played in the Pacific Nations Cup back in 2009...it seems the NZRU don't have the resources to have the NZ Maori AND the NZ 'A' team tour, and so they opt for the former. Which in my view is a pretty unfair option; seeing as it means a tonne of fringe players miss out due to not being Maori - and often it means that the ABs opt to select from the players already touring Europe when there is an injury.

Good news.
Now if only they could have sent them touring Russia/Georgia/Romania; or the PIs or some such.
Oh, I'd also sent them without Callard - Perfect time to bring in the likes of Baxter/Hatley/Mallinder etc

The tour to Australia is still a "full" tour, right?
Three tests but no mid-weeks?
How many players will tour?

Be interesting to see what kind of side will tour for the Saxons. I really REALLY hope that we get, at least, some decent assistants in for Callard. I genuinely don't know how he still has such a high level job as he's a consistent under-achiever.

Better than nothing, I suppose!
I hope he takes a set of knuckle dusters with him in case Callard steps out of line.

Latest posts