• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

It also depends if this includes the A squad.

For the senior team it would likely be Stuart, Underhill, Barbeary, Spencer, Lawrence and Cokanasiga. Hopefully not Ewels!

If it includes the A squad, I could see Stoke, Reid, Muir and De Glanville as possibles.

Obano almost certainly.

Ojomoh in the picture somewhere?

Obano almost certainly.

Ojomoh in the picture somewhere?
I really lile Ojomoh but i think he is behind redpath for the 12 shirt therefore how can he be Englands answer at 12, also is he ready? Close to ready?
(Genuine question, i havnt seen much of him or him Lawrence 12/13 respectively)

Zero issue with thos depending who the 3rd is. In form 3rd choice who can pair with Mitchell to replace him then great.

Care is still playing well and plays well with MSmith who shpuld be our no.1 10 now imo. Ford is 3rd on form this season id say.

On a different note if Manu is off to Frace then we have Lawrence Slade Joseph would be my top 3 13s. But who the hell is our 12? If they are classed as 13s.

Ojomoh - behind Redpath
Devoto - behind Hawkins and horroble injury record
S Atkinson - plays for Gloucester...
Hartley - not seen him play cant comment but v young
Kelly - form not amazing/seems to be behind Kata for 12 shirt
Anyanwu - not ready/behind Esterhuizen so not getting the gametime.

Am i missing anyone? Is Kelly worth a shot given previous form? Atkinson went well but seems to have dropped off?

Lawrence and Slade are form 13s in the league and would they have to play 12/13 or numberless centres? With say kelly on the bench?

Zero issue with thos depending who the 3rd is. In form 3rd choice who can pair with Mitchell to replace him then great.

Care is still playing well and plays well with MSmith who shpuld be our no.1 10 now imo. Ford is 3rd on form this season id say.

On a different note if Manu is off to Frace then we have Lawrence Slade Joseph would be my top 3 13s. But who the hell is our 12? If they are classed as 13s.

Ojomoh - behind Redpath
Devoto - behind Hawkins and horroble injury record
S Atkinson - plays for Gloucester...
Hartley - not seen him play cant comment but v young
Kelly - form not amazing/seems to be behind Kata for 12 shirt
Anyanwu - not ready/behind Esterhuizen so not getting the gametime.

Am i missing anyone? Is Kelly worth a shot given previous form? Atkinson went well but seems to have dropped off?

Lawrence and Slade are form 13s in the league and would they have to play 12/13 or numberless centres? With say kelly on the bench?
I keep thinking we'll see..

Either
12 lawrence
13 Slade
Both changing spots on attack and defensive requirements..Slade also brings experience in a team which will probably be lacking quite a bit

or
12 Dingwall
13 Lawrence

Dingwall playing very well (i know hes more a 13 also)and i keep hearing that hes an onfield leader and tactitan..ie defensive and system leader (Saints fans can confirm if thats true or not).. that might appeal to SB

As to the back row...
Id like to see
6 Pearson
7 Earl
8 Barbeary

But i suspect it'll be
( 4 - Itoje)
(5 - Martin)
6 Chessum
7 Earl
8 Barbeary

With Coles on the bench to cover lock and 6.

Potential ramifications of LRZ leaving for IFW's international choice, if he can make it at the last minute?
Don't think it will make any difference to him. His issues with playing for Wales were never to do with selection. Unless they make an exception for him and let him finish his degree then it isn't happening.

Potential ramifications of LRZ leaving for IFW's international choice, if he can make it at the last minute?
The BBC are saying IFW has told Wales he doesn't want to be selected for them and could be named tomorrow by Borthwick.

Of course though he wouldn't have known. Gatland only found out an hour ago.

What kind of message does that send out to players like Rory Sutherland?

Why? If anything the rules became tighter. It's just that Scotland are shamelessly abusing a ruling designed to help Tier 2 nations. I'd like to think World Rugby will tighten it up some more rather than loosen it.

Why? If anything the rules became tighter. It's just that Scotland are shamelessly abusing a ruling designed to help Tier 2 nations. I'd like to think World Rugby will tighten it up some more rather than loosen it.
I doubt they willl. It suits them to help the weaker tier 1 teams as well in terms of making them more competitive.

From what Sanderson has said Warr won't be named for England, but Scotland were very very keen, so guessing he's turned them down to keep the England dream alive (A game)

Happy for Reed,
Can understand Hepburn making the switch, but still think it's a farce

Latest posts